IGNORED

Woeful Robins TV audio feed service

Norn Iron

Our last home game (Reading) audio feed was woeful. We had white noise for the first 25 minutes followed by the TV commentary instead of Radio Bristol's excellent coverage.

After ten minutes, I emailed via the link in the FAQs. I received a reply at 3.25 saying all was now ok. However they never responded to my response regarding the wrong feed.

In the past, we would have had a direct email to the previous supplier of the feed. They were pretty good in responding. They also would offer additional week(s) to your contract should we not get a full 90 minutes.

Also, should City not be playing we could listen to any other game within the EFL which especially towards the end of the season was of benefit. 

I contacted on Monday Gareth at BCFC. He was sympathetic and said he would get the new feed supplier, streaming.com, to email me with a response to my concerns. I'm still waiting. 

What concerns me the most is that nobody at the club knew there was a problem. In the past we could email Adam directly. He was superb. There were a couple of games when you could tell before kickoff that all wasn't well for a broadcast (I used to be a radio presenter and doubled up as an outside broadcast manager). By emailing him directly we only lost a couple of minutes coverage, the ISDN box being the problem (or human error in forgetting to apply the correct switch)! Gareth admitted there was nobody on site that day from technical and that nobody has been replaced to head up that department. BCFC wants £45 from us but can't guarantee supplying a decent service. 

I fully intend to contact Gareth again. Any thoughts welcomed.

Archived