IGNORED

SIGNED: Rodri - Short-term contract until January with option to extend

Rocky

2 hours ago, TammyAB said:

Going back to his insta post from when he left Granada, there's quite a few Real Zaragoza fans (3rd in Segunda Division) in the comments who were asking him to join them a few weeks ago - and I guess they've seen plenty of him in the past few years so that's encouraging I suppose.

Granada? Did he have a part in Coronation Street? 

I guess a question could be - If the transfer window was open exactly where on our list of potential strikers would Rodri be?

If, as is probable ,the answer is 'nowhere at all' then it just seems that this guy is a short term insurance policy and a mere calculated gamble well worth taking- given the fact that our players are very good at long term injuries.

We'll find out pretty soonl if this signing is inspiration or desperation.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I guess a question could be - If the transfer window was open exactly where on our list of potential strikers would Rodri be?

If, as is probable ,the answer is 'nowhere at all' then it just seems that this guy is a short term insurance policy and a mere calculated gamble well worth taking- given the fact that our players are very good at long term injuries.

We'll find out pretty soonl if this signing is inspiration or desperation.

I think we know already it’s desperation, but that’s not a criticism, we are desperate for a striker and there’s not a lot you can do between transfer windows

25 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I think we know already it’s desperation, but that’s not a criticism, we are desperate for a striker and there’s not a lot you can do between transfer windows

Yes- definitely desperate for a striker with more experience and guile than Semenyo- who  given time and a goal or two will be a very good player but not quite yet.

The scouting and analysis set up at BS3 must have identified something about Rodri that makes it worth pursuing more that just that he's available.

The inspiration bit is that he could just possibly be the right player in the right system at the right time and all by accident.

15 hours ago, JonDolman said:
(

I'm sure I heard the words "far post" (after about 1 min. 33 secs.) in amongst all that Spanish commentary.
Is it the guy who used to do the commentary on Soccer AM? :)
Or perhaps Julio Geordio has become a commentator since calling time on his playing career...

4 hours ago, Red7 said:

I'm sure I heard the words "far post" (after about 1 min. 33 secs.) in amongst all that Spanish commentary.
Is it the guy who used to do the commentary on Soccer AM? :)
Or perhaps Julio Geordio has become a commentator since calling time on his playing career...

There's  a blast from the past  :clapping:

• The title was changed to Spanish Striker incoming? - Now Confirmed

City have signed Spanish striker Rodrigo Ríos Lozano on a short-term contract until January with the option to sign an extension until the end of the season.

‘Rodri’ will join up with his new Robins team-mates for the first time tomorrow ahead of Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship match at Luton Town (October 19th, 3pm KO).

The former Spanish Under-21 player, who has been a free agent since leaving La Liga 2 Granada in the summer, has also played in La Liga, scoring 11 goals in 46 appearances for Sevilla FC. 

Rodri has experience in the Bundesliga and England, having had a six-month spell with Sheffield Wednesday in the 2012/13 season, where he played against City in the August of that year.

City Head Coach Lee Johnson said: “We’d like to welcome Rodri and his family to Bristol City. We want to play with two strikers as much as possible and therefore we need four strikers as an option.

“He’s proved himself in Spanish football and we are looking forward to working with him. While this is an initial short-term arrangement, we hope it works out him and ourselves in the long term.”

Rodri could make his Ashton Gate debut next Wednesday when the Robins entertain Charlton Athletic (October 23rd, 7.45pm KO).

Archived