IGNORED

SIGNED: Rodri - Short-term contract until January with option to extend

Rocky

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Just on that - LJ said he'd had to get a passport for the baby sorted. Suggests he's brought the family with him.

Check his Instagram. He's ripped. Seems to have been spending most of the summer either in the gym or running up mountains in the Sierra Nevada.

Yes. His insta looks pretty decent  with his training and family pics, impressive DNA if that makes sense, no charlie big time nonsense. I’m looking forward to seeing him play. 

Welcome Rodri! Looking at records and attributes, Jonathas if possible might have been my first choice out of the two but some of the goals and the manner in which Rodsi has scored them look promising.

Pukki is an interesting comparison, but not necessarily fully accuyrate IMO. He'd played for as well as yes Celtic SPL not great League, also had played for Schalke and Sevilla- 2 clubs from good Leagues often but not so much lately for Schalke fairly high up in them so despite regular form, Pukki was always a safer bet I'd say- granted he smashed expectations- oh and Pukki just looked had scored 10 goals in 20 European games for Brondby over a few seasons so didn't realise that and of a higher pedigree than Rodri- still barring injuries it's relatively low risk and as we saw with Williams it may push us on- at the very least competition for places can only help.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Welcome Rodri! Looking at records and attributes, Jonathas if possible might have been my first choice out of the two but some of the goals and the manner in which Rodsi has scored them look promising.

Pukki is an interesting comparison, but not necessarily fully accuyrate IMO. He'd played for as well as yes Celtic SPL not great League, also had played for Schalke and Sevilla- 2 clubs from good Leagues often but not so much lately for Schalke fairly high up in them so despite regular form, Pukki was always a safer bet I'd say- granted he smashed expectations- oh and Pukki just looked had scored 10 goals in 20 European games for Brondby over a few seasons so didn't realise that and of a higher pedigree than Rodri- still barring injuries it's relatively low risk and as we saw with Williams it may push us on- at the very least competition for places can only help.

…..hmm,  erm,  yeah, I think.. ?

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bit selective of just listing the clubs he was at.

He was at Sevilla as a teenager.

Jordan Wynter was at Arsenal as a teenager. Being at those clubs at such a young age doesn't  mean a huge amount- more of the players there will make it professionally than teenagers with us, but doesn't mean a huge deal in reality.

At Schalke he barely got a game, 37 appearances in a 3 year spell, albeit Klaas Jan Huntelaar had an extraordinary season for one of those.

At Celtic his time was described along the lines of "not a complete disaster".

If we had been signing Pukki last summer 99% wouldn't have heard of him and it would probably be seen as an uninspiring transfer.

Archived