IGNORED

SIGNED: Rodri - Short-term contract until January with option to extend

Rocky

17 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Is this the type of striker we need?

Is this the type of striker that scores 20+ Goals in the second tier?

Why are we comparing him to Wilbs who was not a massive success for us in The Championship?

Why were we prepared to recruit someone who is so different to our first choices in the summer or Afobe - are we really so desperate for someone before Jan 1st or prepared to change our style / patterns ?

So many questions, so little to go on?

Que?

20 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Why are we comparing him to Wilbs who was not a massive success for us in The Championship?

Why were we prepared to recruit someone who is so different to our first choices in the summer or Afobe - are we really so desperate for someone before Jan 1st or prepared to change our style / patterns ?

I haven't a clue, but tbf, there isn't much out there...........and if it doesn't work, there's always January .

9hDYKTKu_x96.jpg

·
23m

An opinion on Rodri, from a Cultural Leonesa fan - so should know him better than most

?
Quote Tweet

xHLEqWQo_normal.jpg

@Nombrealeatori6
· 28m
Replying to @jbcfc_ and @BristolCity
He's very electric, always moving on the pitch. He likes to fight with CBs, receiving the ball down despite the pressure and he has a great sense of positioning for second chances. But he can be very inconsistent, at infuriating levels

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

9hDYKTKu_x96.jpg

·
23m

An opinion on Rodri, from a Cultural Leonesa fan - so should know him better than most

?
Quote Tweet

xHLEqWQo_normal.jpg

@Nombrealeatori6
· 28m
Replying to @jbcfc_ and @BristolCity
He's very electric, always moving on the pitch. He likes to fight with CBs, receiving the ball down despite the pressure and he has a great sense of positioning for second chances. But he can be very inconsistent, at infuriating levels

If you told me that was a Stokie describing Afobe just before he signed for us I'd have believed you.

I'm trying to be optimistically open minded about Rodri. Not got the storngest record, roughly a 1 in 4.5 games ratio across his career. However, in a 352 with Weimann/Diedhiou next to him and Palmer behind he might well score a bit. If Weimann and Diedhiou can pull defenders around to create space that Rodri can run into then Palmer's through balls become a real threat again. We then have effective ways of attacking either down the flanks with crosses from Hunt/Eliasson/COD, or through the middle as described. this flexibility was kind of what we had earlier this season but have lost in recent weeks since Afobe went down.

Welcome to BS3 Rodri. Given our situation this is IMO a great deal, him joining extends our options up front with no long-term commitment. For him it’s a opportunity to stake a claim for an extended deal, so presumably he will want to do everything he can to impress. 

1 hour ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

No one is saying that this man is Aaron wilbraham, do you think that is people’s point?

The situation is similar that is all, not a great goal record elsewhere but did a fine job when he came to us, could happen again, could not..

Also, the 20+ goal trope is getting so boring it’s unreal. That aside, I am Reasonably confident that no this man will not get those goals however he is another option temporarily until we can get something more permanent to replace afobe 

There is one question, we needed another striking option, the answer is we now have one

Just going on the clips, I think he offers something different.

He looks confident in 1 on 1 which I never feel with Weimann and Fammy.  He gets tap-ins which we definitely miss.   Also plays off the last man and got good movement.  I can see KP45 playing him in plenty.

Feel optimistic he'll contribute. 

33 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Surely means Famara is on his way to China? To score against Brazil and then come back to this, his confidence and faith in LJ must be at rock bottom. 

Odd comment. All we are doing is replacing Afobe in the short term, faced with a clear gap in the squad.

Archived