IGNORED

Joe Bryan struggles

Wolf Island

Despite some of the criticism of him on here as a LB, I still think he was a bloody good player, and a lovely chap too.  And the special goals mentioned above make him even better.  That Man U goal was one of the purest strikes I’ve seen at AG.  I stood there in shock!

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Despite some of the criticism of him on here as a LB, I still think he was a bloody good player, and a lovely chap too.  And the special goals mentioned above make him even better.  That Man U goal was one of the purest strikes I’ve seen at AG.  I stood there in shock!

It is honestly my second favourite goal ever, across all football. Second only to Bergkamp v Argentina in '98.

And yes, I echo the praise of Bryan. Assume people are talking about the little mental health video that Fulham put out? Where he admits that last season a combination of leaving friends and family, a relationship ending, and being bottom of the league became too much for him. I thought he spoke about it well.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was in shock as well because I lumped on him to be first goalscorer at 33/1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Don`t forget the tackle on Rashford too. It`s rare something defensive gets fans out of their seats but that did.

3 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Well done Joe for speaking out and showing that seeking help and support is a strength. 

And well done to the physio for spotting he was struggling mentally and not just physically too. The physio can’t have known Joe for very long either so that makes it even more praiseworthy. 

I’m glad Joe got help, loneliness is very painful. Hard to accept you can feel isolated in a workplace as tightly knit as a football club, a club in a huge city. Also seems unrealistic in this age of social media and communication, but of course you can feel very, very alone and unhappy just about anywhere.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don`t forget the tackle on Rashford too. It`s rare something defensive gets fans out of their seats but that did.

The 'foul' that Pogba won for their freekick they scored from still rankles me mind.
As does Pogba escaping a yellow when he kicked Packs knee about 20 minutes in.
Partially made up for by Pogba hurting his foot when kicking the goalpost in frustration, and getting booked quite literally as a result of being unable to hear the referee over the crowd.

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I still hark back to the game at Forest 3 or 4 seasons ago. JB played in a CAM role with Bobby and was excellent

I'm sure he could play a few positions if needed

Echo the comments about what a top bloke he seems as well. I'm sure you've met him a few times with his connection to CHSW, if you rate him that's good enough for me ?

59 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I still hark back to the game at Forest 3 or 4 seasons ago. JB played in a CAM role with Bobby and was excellent

I'm sure he could play a few positions if needed

Echo the comments about what a top bloke he seems as well. I'm sure you've met him a few times with his connection to CHSW, if you rate him that's good enough for me ?

Away to wolves he played midfield once. I think it was 3-3. Bryan was sensational 

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Statistically the best LB in the league at the minute, read into that what you will.

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

JB is a really top bloke. Great to see him do well. Genuine question though, given your comments in the ‘Pack and Flint’ thread, how will you react to JB when he plays against us? 

Not sure to be honest. Might ignore but might give him a polite clap.  I would never clap a Cardiff player or a player for another local rival. Would feel very weird. 

I pretty much only do home games, so would probably give Flint and Pack a small appreciative clap at AG.

But I’m not sure I would do the same away from home, where I think the order of the day should be to get behind our guys.

Difficult one.  Hoping they both play shit today.  I’ll applaud that ?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I pretty much only do home games, so would probably give Flint and Pack a small appreciative clap at AG.

But I’m not sure I would do the same away from home, where I think the order of the day should be to get behind our guys.

Difficult one.  Hoping they both play shit today.  I’ll applaud that ?

Appreciative clap before the game, once the game starts they're any other opposition player and if anything maybe a couple more boos for me

Archived