IGNORED

Is racism a problem at City games?

Make a Sub

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You do know that chant is aimed at the white people still living there don’t you 

The town is 30% Asian. It has a white majority.

I may have misunderstood your post, but it sounds like you buy into the Little Steve Lennon myth that only a few white people still live there.

That's true of the area around Kennilworth Rd, but not the town as a whole.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Because there is nothing to see here,a chant mocking white people is of course racism but it doesn’t boil my piss

You don’t see any issue with implying that these white people are somehow lesser and to be mocked because they’re associated with non-white people?

Because there is nothing to see here,a chant mocking white people is of course racism but it doesn’t boil my piss

Nothing to see here?  It’s implying it’s a shit place to live because of the British / Asian population. Which is racism.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I may have misunderstood your post, but it sounds like you buy into the Little Steve Lennon myth that only a few white people still live there.

No disrespect but I wouldn’t believe figures dished out,suggest you go and see it for yourself 

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That tommy Robinson chant made me ashamed to be a city fan, disgusting. 

Can’t believe some of our fans stooped to the level of condoning racism, really sad

Yes the chant was heard several times, towards the end of the match and largely out of frustration, not that that makes it right. BUT in equal measure the people singing it were being told to 'shut the fluck up' by as many people too. And at least where I was stood I thought this pretty much stopped the chant.

I just wanted to add some balance.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

White British are a minority in Luton. Have been for a while 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Nothing to see here?  It’s implying it’s a shit place to live because of the British / Asian population. Which is racism.

It’s a shit place to live because it’s a shit place to live. Whether it’s the white, black, Asian population or all three who has turned it into a shit hole...I’ll let you decide 

but Luton is an absolute shit hole 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes the chant was heard several times, towards the end of the match and largely out of frustration, not that that makes it right. BUT in equal measure the people singing it were being told to 'shut the fluck up' by as many people too. And at least where I was stood I thought this pretty much stopped the chant.

There were several racist chants throughout the game, towards the end it clearly became too much for the decent fans who then started booing it and it did then die down. That doesn’t make the initial behaviour any more acceptable though

No disrespect but I wouldn’t believe figures dished out,suggest you go and see it for yourself 

I have. I worked with three Lutoners. All white incidentally.

I don't doubt that white English are a minority, but according to them, Luton's always had a high immigrant population. Irish - and their descendants - is probably the biggest ethnic group. Like the little fella's own parents.

If you don't mind me asking, how were your relatives "forced out"?

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Thing is mate all these people who have never been to Luton apart from a footy game, or doesn’t know anyone from Luton...really doesn’t understand the place and how it has gone. “You all listen to Tommy Robinson to much”

nah, I’ll listen to my two friends who literally had to move away from the area. Been there a fair few times myself, and it really is shocking 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

It’s a shit place to live because it’s a shit place to live. Whether it’s the white, black, Asian population who has turned it into a shit hole...I’ll let you decide 

but Luton is an absolute shit hole 

There’s plenty of shitholes all over the country. Don’t really get your point and the relevance to the racist chanting?  

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I can, because it happens every single time it's raised as an issue.

Sadly it does.....unbelievable really but there we go.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

So it wasn’t a majority then as what was said and got people on their high horse while posting on here

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Thing is mate all these people who have never been to Luton apart from a footy game, or doesn’t know anyone from Luton...really doesn’t understand the place and how it has gone. “You all listen to Tommy Robinson to much”

nah, I’ll listen to my two friends who literally had to move away from the area. Been there a fair few times myself, and it really is shocking 

Why did your friends have to move away? What was preventing them from living in Luton?

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I have. I worked with three Lutoners. All white incidentally.

I don't doubt that white English are a minority, but according to them, Luton's always had a high immigrant population. Irish - and their descendants - is probably the biggest ethnic group. Like the little fella's own parents.

If you don't mind me asking, how were your relatives "forced out"?

I don’t mind you asking but I’d rather not say

4 minutes ago, famouslastword said:

(Wasn’t at the game) but you can’t call him racist because he’s critical of a certain religion. You my friend have bought into what the media feed you. 

There’s a massive difference between being critical of a religion an saying all people of that faith should be deported, calling the religion a ‘disease’ and describing Islam as ‘harmful to our way of life’.

He’s a racist ***** and not someone who I want to see a section of our fan base condoning 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I don’t mind you asking but I’d rather not say

Fair enough. Not my intention to get into a big issue here.

Luton is a bit of a dump, but then, I don't think it's ever been nice. See also Bedford.

FWIW I think chanting approvingly the name of a prominent Luton fan is not in itself racist, but is pretty moronic. Chanting "small town in Asia" though crosses a line for me because of the implication that somehow Asians are a horrible thing to have in your town.

It's an old chant, and I've heard it for years, but I think society's different now. We've moved on. It's unacceptable, and I wish our fans would knock it on the head and think of something cleverer.

I'm sure it's not a majority who do  it however.

people don't like it because tommy Robinson reports on the truth unlike the news that try to hide facts,some of you should walk down certain roads in luton ,you may change your mind with your views instead of being stuck up your politically correct bottoms,and know im not racist but yes I am a proud white English man who is proud of my country and my heritage.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There’s a massive difference between being critical of a religion an saying all people of that faith should be deported, calling the religion a ‘disease’ and describing Islam as ‘harmful to our way of life’.

He’s a racist ***** and not someone who I want to see a section of our fan base condoning 

Proof of him saying all the above? Just because someone doesn’t have the same opinion as yours doesn’t mean you can throw accusations at them without evidence. If he was ever racist he would have been put in prison for being racist wouldn’t he?  

You can disagree with his viewpoint many do but many also agree. None of that is racist. It’s just a lefty’s response to hurting someone’s feelings! 

4 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

people don't like it because tommy Robinson reports on the truth unlike the news that try to hide facts,some of you should walk down certain roads in luton ,you may change your mind with your views instead of being stuck up your politically correct bottoms,and know im not racist but yes I am a proud white English man who is proud of my country and my heritage.

What is the ‘truth’ then? 

Robinson takes things out of proportion to fulfil his racist views, I’m a white Englishman as well but there’s no way I would support anything the ***** says

3 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

You clearly choose to listen to the “facts” that you agree with and refuse to consider any other viewpoints, so I don’t feel there’s any purpose discussing the issue with you.

1 minute ago, famouslastword said:

Proof of him saying all the above? Just because someone doesn’t have the same opinion as yours doesn’t mean you can throw accusations at them without evidence. If he was ever racist he would have been put in prison for being racist wouldn’t he?  

You can disagree with his viewpoint many do but many also agree. None of that is racist. It’s just a lefty’s response to hurting someone’s feelings! 

All things he said on his Twitter, the website below sums it up nicely 

http://gal-dem.com/tommy-robinson-is-running-to-be-an-mep-heres-why-you-should-be-very-very-worried/

And I’m not a ‘lefty’ by any means, what I don’t have time for is clear racism. I feel for you if you really struggle to see it

2 minutes ago, famouslastword said:

Tommy Robinson has no basis for his claims besides the fact that the people he’s accusing aren’t white and that is racist

Archived