IGNORED

Is racism a problem at City games?

Make a Sub

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

All things he said on his Twitter, the website below sums it up nicely 

http://gal-dem.com/tommy-robinson-is-running-to-be-an-mep-heres-why-you-should-be-very-very-worried/

And I’m not a ‘lefty’ by any means, what I don’t have time for is clear racism. I feel for you if you really struggle to see it

Once again i will reiterate where any of that in the link is racism. There isn’t any. 

Being islamaphobic (which is a made up word) doesn’t mean your racist. It means you have a negative view point of the religion of Islam. 

Just like many many people have a negative view point of Christianity. Or an atheist who believes there isn’t a god. 

12 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There’s a massive difference between being critical of a religion an saying all people of that faith should be deported, calling the religion a ‘disease’ and describing Islam as ‘harmful to our way of life’.

He’s a racist ***** and not someone who I want to see a section of our fan base condoning 

Robinson is a knob head. But criticising an ideology isn't racist. We've made up a word for this....I believe it's 'islamaphobic'

Robinson is a ****, but let's not kid ourselves and believe that integration with Islam is proving to be successful in this country. It's not 

Anyway....**** all that. This is a football page....back to chatting about how shit we were today 

4 minutes ago, famouslastword said:

Once again i will reiterate where any of that in the link is racism. There isn’t any. 

Being islamaphobic (which is a made up word) doesn’t mean your racist. It means you have a negative view point of the religion of Islam. 

Just like many many people have a negative view point of Christianity. Or an atheist who believes there isn’t a god. 

All words are "made up" , language is "made up" ffs

3 minutes ago, famouslastword said:

Wow

There is a massive difference between not believing in a god and saying that all Muslims should be deported because of their faith. 

I really pity you for not being able to see that

25 minutes ago, FlintSaidNo said:

There were several racist chants throughout the game, towards the end it clearly became too much for the decent fans who then started booing it and it did then die down. That doesn’t make the initial behaviour any more acceptable though

Don't get me wrong, I don't find it acceptable at all. As I said I was just wanting to point out many fans weren't happy with this chant and told people to shut up and called them morons etc. The chant was certainly quashed.

6 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

as I said im no racist but yes I agree with some of his comments and so do many others the question I always ask is simple do you believe in the muslim religions because I don't,does that make me a racist or am  politically in correct or am I just having my opinion

I'm no racist BUT  I agree with a very nasty and bigoted racist

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't find it acceptable at all. As I said I was just wanting to point out many fans weren't happy with this chant and told people to shut up and called them morons etc. The chant was certainly quashed.

I understand that and I wasn’t meaning to tarnish you with the same brush as certain other posters. Clearly there were plenty of fans there today who disapproved of the racism and vocalised that (myself included). I feel we’re in agreement overall, there were plenty of fans there today who weren’t racist, but it’s still disgusting that some felt it was acceptable to have and express such views

24 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

people don't like it because tommy Robinson reports on the truth unlike the news that try to hide facts,some of you should walk down certain roads in luton ,you may change your mind with your views instead of being stuck up your politically correct bottoms,and know im not racist but yes I am a proud white English man who is proud of my country and my heritage.

‘I’m not racist but...’

7 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

as I said im no racist but yes I agree with some of his comments and so do many others the question I always ask is simple do you believe in the muslim religions because I don't,does that make me a racist or am  politically in correct or am I just having my opinion

I don’t believe in Islam either, nor any other religion for that matter, but I don’t think everyone who does is deplorable and should be deported. That’s the difference, I understand that others have different views to me and I respect that and have no issue with it

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Wow

There is a massive difference between not believing in a god and saying that all Muslims should be deported because of their faith. 

I really pity you for not being able to see that

I’ve not given you my viewpoint at all on the matter and wether I support his views or not. What I am saying is that you should not tarnish him a racist when he is critical of a religion. That was all I was trying to say. 

My views are that any racist should have their tongue chopped off and stuck in prison. 

I just don’t believe him criticising a religion is racist and I believe the police are yet to charge him with racism so my point must be valid?  

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Fair enough. Not my intention to get into a big issue here.

Luton is a bit of a dump, but then, I don't think it's ever been nice. See also Bedford.

FWIW I think chanting approvingly the name of a prominent Luton fan is not in itself racist, but is pretty moronic. Chanting "small town in Asia" though crosses a line for me because of the implication that somehow Asians are a horrible thing to have in your town.

It's an old chant, and I've heard it for years, but I think society's different now. We've moved on. It's unacceptable, and I wish our fans would knock it on the head and think of something cleverer.

I'm sure it's not a majority who do  it however.

It is old chant that was being sung a long time before the fraudster Tommy came along,it was sang by Luton fans back in the day as well

31 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

people don't like it because tommy Robinson reports on the truth unlike the news that try to hide facts,some of you should walk down certain roads in luton ,you may change your mind with your views instead of being stuck up your politically correct bottoms,and know im not racist but yes I am a proud white English man who is proud of my country and my heritage.

I'm not racist but......I'm a proud white English man. 

Absolute bell end....just say proud English man. 

I think that Tommy Robinson is a *****, no doubts his views are racist, but chanting his name isn’t racist. It’s just moronic. 

Much of this thread and what I’ve read on Facebook tonight, is far more about people wanting to publicly proclaim how NOT racist they are, rather than reporting that people have actually been racist. 

Does supporting TR probably mean that you hold racist views...? More than likely. 
Does chanting his name mean you’re being racist..! No..! 
(just an idiot, imo) 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

why I am a proud white Englishman who don't call people names from behind a computer{you must be so proud}

40 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

Well the punctuation in this post has lived up to stereotypes....

3 minutes ago, famouslastword said:

I’ve not given you my viewpoint at all on the matter and wether I support his views or not. What I am saying is that you should not tarnish him a racist when he is critical of a religion. That was all I was trying to say. 

My views are that any racist should have their tongue chopped off and stuck in prison. 

I just don’t believe him criticising a religion is racist and I believe the police are yet to charge him with racism so my point must be valid?  

But he’s not just being critical of Islam is he?

He’s going above and beyond that by calling it a ‘disease’ and saying all Muslims should leave the country. Surely you can see the difference between that and not agreeing with a religion ?

15 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It is old chant that was being sung a long time before the fraudster Tommy came along,it was sang by Luton fans back in the day as well

Just think it's had its day. Run its course.

Bristol's one of the most highly educated, hi-tech industry-based cities in the UK.  Be lovely if our fans could reflect that, rather than chants from the 70s and 80s.

As to SYL and his ilk, Otibers wanting to debate him can go on the Politics section. Big thread there. I've made my position clear.

Glad you can see through him JJT.

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

But he’s not just being critical of Islam is he?

He’s going above and beyond that by calling it a ‘disease’ and saying all Muslims should leave the country. Surely you can see the difference between that and not agreeing with a religion ?

My view point of it is that he has become what he has because of the lack of integration between communities to the country’s way of life and the fact that these different cultures are not mixing well is a failure of the government and of course the local people who live in these areas. 

The fact that terrorism attacks under the name of the Islamic religion have only helped to heighten his and his followers beliefs that the country is unable to integrate Well with this culture. 

For me i I wish that we could all live our lives peacefully, working hard and achieving success for our children and the people we love. I am an immigrant myself.

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Just think it's had its day. Run its course.

Bristol's one of the most highly educated, hi-tech industry-based cities in the UK.  Be lovely if our fans could reflect that, rather than chants from the 70s and 80s.

As to SYL and his ilk, Otibers wanting to debate him can go on the Politics section. Big thread there. I've made my position clear.

Glad you can see through him JJT.

I’m sure if these highly educated people went and watched city away then it might change,at the moment they don’t it’s left to working class people who spend their hard earned money to watch their club play up and down the country

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I’m sure if these highly educated people went and watched city away then it might change,at the moment they don’t it’s left to working class people who spend their hard earned money to watch their club play up and down the country

I object to the implication that working class people are uneducated or that they all share your views on race

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You can be highly educated and work in cutting-edge technology and be working class. 

@RedM makes clear a large number of today's travelling City fans feel (like me) that "small town in Asia" isn't something we should be singing. It's totally cringeworthy.

If you don't, we'll agree to differ.

1 hour ago, forestofdean said:

What truths does Stephen Yaxley Lennon report? Just intrigued, what bits do you agree with specifically, which don’t you? You are at great lengths confirming you are not racist, but that you also like/support someone with huge links to racism. 

Archived