IGNORED

Is racism a problem at City games?

Make a Sub

15 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You can be highly educated and work in cutting-edge technology and be working class. 

@RedM makes clear a large number of today's travelling City fans feel (like me) that "small town in Asia" isn't something we should be singing. It's totally cringeworthy.

If you don't, we'll agree to differ.

Fair enough,agree to disagree,a large number were against it but the majority sang it as others have said and can’t help but feel until the pathetic politicians do what the public voted for there is going to be a lot of angry young men and it could potentially get worse 

59 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

is tommy robinson and his people any different to the fla  which many are are fans where the badges with pride

There is a thread on the FLA in the politics section. Tommy Robinson is no longer part of an organisation but the FLA do clearly share many similarities with the early EDL. One being they have multi racial members/supporters and include people of differing faiths. That entirely runs in the face of left wings groups and the main stream media who accuse the FLA and Tommy Robinson supporters of overt racism, fascism and of being nazis.  

Tommy Robinson is a ********. 

Some will agree with his views, others won’t. That’s entirely a matter of choice.

But football fans singing it is totally irrelevant to the game and whoever did so is, in my own opinion, a ******** too. 

Singing Tommy Robinson’s name is, in and of itself, not racist. However, those singing it would be totally aware of the context in which they were singing it - which is of a racial content. Therefore, those singing it are idiots and yes, racist. 

Anyone trying to defend these idiots is, well....enough said. 

Depressing enough result without having to hear our very own fans chanting this utter little wrong-uns name .city were always anti racist back in the day ,there are some rovers skinheads who sold the bulldog outside the tote end who could confirm this and they weren’t even playing us that day  .f.... tiny tommy and f.... racism 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Tommy Robinson is a ********. 

Some will agree with his views, others won’t. That’s entirely a matter of choice.

But football fans singing it is totally irrelevant to the game and whoever did so is, in my own opinion, a ******** too. 

Singing Tommy Robinson’s name is, in and of itself, not racist. However, those singing it would be totally aware of the context in which they were singing it - which is of a racial content. Therefore, those singing it are idiots and yes, racist. 

Anyone trying to defend these idiots is, well....enough said. 

Don't think it's as simple as that. They sang a blokes name.

8 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

There is a thread on the FLA in the politics section. Tommy Robinson is no longer part of an organisation but the FLA do clearly share many similarities with the early EDL. One being they have multi racial members/supporters and include people of differing faiths. That entirely runs in the face of left wings groups and the main stream media who accuse the FLA and Tommy Robinson supporters of overt racism, fascism and of being nazis.  

Wow , for a poster who I enjoy reading regarding your opinions on football and tactics etc and seem pretty educated.....this is embarrassing. Unless hopefully I've read this wrong ? 

To defend FLA and Tommy Robinson supporter's is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Cheers for that, but not what I asked was it? I asked since when is did being an Islamaphobe stop you from also being racist? Couldn’t someone be both?

They could, but there is no evidence to suggest Tommy Robinson has ever been racist, honestly there is nothing online to suggest he’s ever been prejudice to any race. He criticises a religion because of what he’s experienced when growing up in Luton and they are some pretty horrific things. If you watched his Oxford University speech (it’s on youtube), maybe you’d see a different perspective on certain issues that need addressing.

3 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

They could, but there is no evidence to suggest Tommy Robinson has ever been racist, honestly there is nothing online to suggest he’s ever been prejudice to any race. He criticises a religion because of what he’s experienced when growing up in Luton and they are some pretty horrific things. If you watched his Oxford University speech (it’s on youtube), maybe you’d see a different perspective on certain issues that need addressing.

Brain washed.......

3 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

So claiming people should be deported because of their race isn’t showing prejudice?

8 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Chuck it Harry you know who they are you drink with then in the Spanish Lions and Masonic. You will say nothing to their faces.

I’m not sure who you are based on your user name but I assume I know you. 

I don’t know who these idiots were who were singing this nor whether I know / drink with them at Spanish. 

What I do know is that I am in a WhatsApp group of about 45 people who all drink with me in Spanish and everyone on that group tonight is saying this is out of order. 

So I don’t know who the other people I know from Spanish who may be involved in this are, but there’s 45 of them that certainly aren’t involved in this and aren’t very proud of this. 

I just don’t see why singing Robinson’s name at football is in any way relevant to anything to do with football. 

Given the context of the racism in football debate this week, don’t you agree that this is rather ill-conceived? 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He says ‘adult muslims’, where has he mentioned race? You are another person who doesn’t understand the difference between races and a religion. All my posts still stand.

1 minute ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

He says ‘adult muslims’, where has he mentioned race? You are another person who doesn’t understand the difference between races and a religion. All my posts still stand.

‘Every male muslim that has come into the EU over the last 12 months’.

Surely you can see that there’s more to that quote than just Islamophobia...

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Wow , for a poster who I enjoy reading regarding your opinions on football and tactics etc and seem pretty educated.....this is embarrassing. Unless hopefully I've read this wrong ? 

To defend FLA and Tommy Robinson supporter's is ridiculous. 

What did I post that was incorrect?

The early EDL were multi racial and the EDL did have differing faith divisions. The FLA now the DFLA have organisers of differing races. In the politics thread it is noted that Bristol City FLA supporters attending rallies were not exclusively white. These are facts. So neither can be overtly racist, fascist or Nazis.  

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

What did I post that was incorrect?

The early EDL were multi racial and the EDL did have differing faith divisions. The FLA now the DFLA have organisers of differing races. In the politics thread it is noted that Bristol City FLA supporters attending rallies were not exclusively white. These are facts. So neither can be overtly racist, fascist or Nazis.  

Multi racial...no. Tokenism ...yes. And breaking news people that are non white can be racist! 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

‘Every male muslim that has come into the EU over the last 12 months’.

Surely you can see that there’s more to that quote than just Islamophobia...

No i genuinely don’t see it, he highlights the fact it’s ‘male muslims’ , it’s as black and white as that , it’s only people who disagree with him that see it as anything more when it’s not 

Archived