IGNORED

Is racism a problem at City games?

Make a Sub

1 minute ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

No i genuinely don’t see it, he highlights the fact it’s ‘male muslims’ , it’s as black and white as that , it’s only people who disagree with him that see it as anything more when it’s not 

Are you failing to see the bit I’ve put in bold on purpose? 

He’s literally saying that anyone of a different race to him who is a Muslim should be deported. If that’s not racism I don’t know what is

21 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

They could, but there is no evidence to suggest Tommy Robinson has ever been racist, honestly there is nothing online to suggest he’s ever been prejudice to any race. He criticises a religion because of what he’s experienced when growing up in Luton and they are some pretty horrific things. If you watched his Oxford University speech (it’s on youtube), maybe you’d see a different perspective on certain issues that need addressing.

Sorry, did I mention Stephen Yaxley Lennon at all? Seems like you have been brain washed a bit into linking all questions to the aforementioned convict.

I accept your apology that people can be both, thanks. Here’s a thought for you, what if you remove phrases like “islamaphobe” and “racist” and replaced them all with the word “moron”, this would simplify it all?

2 hours ago, FlintSaidNo said:

Tommy Robinson has no basis for his claims besides the fact that the people he’s accusing aren’t white and that is racist

As much as he is a knob, the one thing he does have is basis for his claims 

plenty has been swept under the carpet in recent years and he exposes it, jumps on it...and uses it to fuel his agenda 

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

As much as he is a knob, the one thing he does have is basis for his claims 

plenty has been swept under the carpet in recent years and he exposes it, jumps on it...and uses it to fuel his agenda 

Can you provide with the basis for his claims that Islam is a ‘disease’ and all male Muslims who have entered the EU in the past 12 months should be deported? 

So far @Bristolboy_06@forestofdean and @famouslastword have failed to....

11 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Islamophobia = Racism

Discriminating or demonstrating prejudice against an entire religion due to the actions of a tiny minority of it is racist.

You can use whatever term you want to describe it, it still doesn’t make it less racist.

Surely racism has to do with race? Islam along with other religions aren't a race. 

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

If we're going on the dictionary definition of racism – that the prejudice is based on the belief that one's own race is superior – then I'm not sure the 'small town in Asia' chant accurately fits that bill. I don't think people chanting that genuinely think whites are superior to Asians (unlike the white people who used black people as slaves, for example). This strikes me as being more about tribalism than racism – so in a way, it is quite similar to chants against the Welsh, French, etc. Not that that excuses it – it still creates misery and can lead to bullying and violence, etc – but I think this kind of thinking, especially among men, is innate to an extent. 

On a separate (and rather depressing) note, for all the talk of 'stamping out racism', I'm not convinced it's actually racism that's being stamped out, but people openly expressing racist views

31 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Can you provide with the basis for his claims that Islam is a ‘disease’ and all male Muslims who have entered the EU in the past 12 months should be deported? 

So far @Bristolboy_06@forestofdean and @famouslastword have failed to....

Do you believe Islam, as a whole, is successfully integrating with the West? 

The point I was making when I talked about the basis for his claims, is the fact he called out the Rotherham scandal years before it came out. He has highlighted issues in some communities which are on a par with the Jimmy Saville scandal...yet for some reason, they get swept under the carpet 

He provided evidence of senior counsellors and senior law enforcement who ignored claims because they feared being deemed ‘racist’ if they called it out for what it was 

Islam has not integrated very well in this country or western society as a whole. Until we actually tackle certain issues...rodents like Tommy Robinson will continue to get a platform 

14 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Surely racism has to do with race? Islam along with other religions aren't a race. 

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Racism can also be perceived as discrimination against certain ethnic groups.

An ethnic group can be defined as a group of people who identify with each other due to various shared factors, one of which can be their belief.

Whatever the label you want to put on it is, discrimination should not be acceptable in any shape or form. 

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Racism can also be perceived as discrimination against certain ethnic groups.

An ethnic group can be defined as a group of people who identify with each other due to various shared factors, one of which can be their belief.

Whatever the label you want to put on it is, discrimination should not be acceptable in any shape or form. 

Not according to the dictionary it isn’t, surely we don’t just make up meaning to words?  

Surely what you have just said can be deemed racist, so a white British Muslim is in an ethnic group?

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The point I was making when I talked about the basis for his claims, is the fact he called out the Rotherham scandal years before it came out. He has highlighted issues in some communities which are on a par with the Jimmy Saville scandal...yet for some reason, they get swept under the carpet 

He provided evidence of senior counsellors and senior law enforcement who ignored claims because they feared being deemed ‘racist’ if they called it out for what it was 

Islam has not integrated very well in this country or western society as a whole. Until we actually tackle certain issues...rodents like Tommy Robinson will continue to get a platform 

Islam doesn’t have to successfully integrate, Muslims have their own culture which includes very strict rules that are incredibly different to what we understand in Western Europe. Yes, there are some instances where Muslims could attempt to integrate more, but a ‘successful integration’ would include them going to lengths that wouldn’t be fair. Do you think we should only allow Muslims and those from an Islamic based background  in the UK if they change their beliefs?

Yes he called out the Rotherham scandal, but let’s not pretend that that sort of thing isn’t swept under the carpet regardless of who did it. Look at Jimmy saville for instance, that was swept under the carpet for decades. The fact that it was an Islamic group who did it doesn’t mean it was swept under the carpet any more than other offences. 

Islam has integrated as well as it can in many respects I would argue, you can’t change someone’s beliefs just because they come from a totally different culture than you

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Agree with that post. It's not just the West that Islam doesn't integrate with. Asian and in particular India have had problems, Nigeria also has a big problem with Islam 

Anyway maybe this thread should be moved to non football chat 

13 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Rotherham was uncovered by The Times newspaper and brought to Parliament's attention after relentless campaigning by a Labour MP - Sarah Champion. Robinson just piggy backs off the publicity of these cases, to my knowledge he's never done anything constructive in terms of helping perpetrators being brought to justice.

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Islam doesn’t have to successfully integrate, Muslims have their own culture which includes very strict rules that are incredibly different to what we understand in Western Europe. Yes, there are some instances where Muslims could attempt to integrate more, but a ‘successful integration’ would include them going to lengths that wouldn’t be fair. Do you think we should only allow Muslims and those from an Islamic based background  in the UK if they change their beliefs?

Yes he called out the Rotherham scandal, but let’s not pretend that that sort of thing isn’t swept under the carpet regardless of who did it. Look at Jimmy saville for instance, that was swept under the carpet for decades. The fact that it was an Islamic group who did it doesn’t mean it was swept under the carpet any more than other offences. 

Islam has integrated as well as it can in many respects I would argue, you can’t change someone’s beliefs just because they come from a totally different culture than you

The thing is is that other religions have integrated without any problems. In many cities with a large Muslim population they want and have sharia law and courts. When you move to a new country you follow the rules of that country. I know its not all but Tommy Robinson grew up in Luton and saw with his own eyes how that town has changed due to Muslim immigration and how there seems to be a more lenient approach from police towards them 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Rotherham was uncovered by The Times newspaper and brought to Parliament's attention after relentless campaigning by a Labour MP - Sarah Champion. Robinson just piggy backs off the publicity of these cases, to my knowledge he's never done anything constructive in terms of helping perpetrators being brought to justice.

Completely agree, in fact his conviction for contempt of court , nearly let the perpetrators of serious sexual abuse charges a way out. 

5 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

The thing is is that other religions have integrated without any problems. In many cities with a large Muslim population they want and have sharia law and courts. When you move to a new country you follow the rules of that country. I know its not all but Tommy Robinson grew up in Luton and saw with his own eyes how that town has changed due to Muslim immigration and how there seems to be a more lenient approach from police towards them 

bang on.

14 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I find the comment I’ve highlighted astonishing. I really do 

19 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Not according to the dictionary it isn’t, surely we don’t just make up meaning to words?  

Surely what you have just said can be deemed racist, so a white British Muslim is in an ethnic group?

A word or term can have many different extended meanings and interpretations than the simple one sentence definition found in a dictionary. 

E.g.

Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another. It may also mean prejudice discrimination, or antagonism directed against other people because they are of a different race or ethnicity.”

I don’t really understand how you arrived to that final point either? Ethnicity is simply a group who share the same cultural or ancestral values? 

If you are taking the piss out of someone because of their race.....it is racism.

If you are taking the piss out of a town because of the high numbers of a particular race.....it is racism.

Its very simple. If you cant understand that then your just not very bright.

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I find the comment I’ve highlighted astonishing. I really do 

It is isn't it. Can you imagine if Christians, Jews, Hindus etc didn't follow the strict rules that Muslims counties have if living there. They wouldn't last 5 mins there 

19 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Agree with that post. It's not just the West that Islam doesn't integrate with. Asian and in particular India have had problems, Nigeria also has a big problem with Islam 

Anyway maybe this thread should be moved to non football chat 

India is home to nearly 200 million muslims and has had a Muslim population for over 1,000 years. 

12 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

In many cities with a large Muslim population they want and have sharia law and courts. When you move to a new country you follow the rules of that country. 

Unless there’s been a massive law change I’ve missed, Muslims in the UK are held to UK law. Sharia law does not overrule that.

3 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

It is isn't it. Can you imagine if Christians, Jews, Hindus etc didn't follow the strict rules that Muslims counties have of living there. They wouldn't last 5 mins there 

This is an example of someone who knows very little thinking they know a lot.

Archived