IGNORED

Is racism a problem at City games?

Make a Sub

8 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

as I said brave behind a computer

Why do you keep saying behind a computer. We're all on the ******* computer. What are you saying? You want to punch the guy's head off?

Chill out and try bit of love. It did no harm , mate.. we are all just human beings at the end of the day

14 minutes ago, Dredd said:

**** me, the indisputable fact here is these songs were sang in a racist manner. Have these songs appeared at any other away game? Would they have been sang at somewhere like Reading? Bo**ocks would they. 

Utterly ashamed that anyone associated with my team did this today. 

Would hope not because readings ground is in the middle of nowhere 

32 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You know for certain that happened? It appears it probably did, but no one has confirmed what was said so you’re making things up at this point.

compared to a chant that definitely happened, and presumably was from a large number of people rather than one or a small number of idiots?

You’re right that they aren’t the same, but both are terrible

So they walked off claiming racism for a laugh,what a pathetic post

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Also stand by what I said a few days ago about it seemingly being reported/more prevalent at away games in recent times.

Don't know why however!

I think it’s that “away from home” day out / no responsibilities mentality. Like they feel less likely to get court, tends to be more alchohol involved etc. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So they walked off claiming racism for a laugh,what a pathetic post

I’m not saying that, I said it appears it did happen but there’s no proof or evidence yet. It’s also not been shared in the media exactly what was said, you’ve just guessed and made it up.

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Why do you keep saying behind a computer. We're all on the ******* computer. What are you saying? You want to punch the guy's head off?

Chill out and try bit of love. It did no harm , mate.. we are all just human beings at the end of the day

what I am saying is were all here to debate and hopefully respect each other as city fans.we will all have different opinions right or wrong if some one don't agree with me I still respect their opinion and im not going to call them names

3 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

what I am saying is were all here to debate and hopefully respect each other as city fans.we will all have different opinions right or wrong if some one don't agree with me I still respect their opinion and im not going to call them names

There's right, wrong and racist. I won't respect a racists opinion and happy to call them names. 

3 minutes ago, !james said:

There's right, wrong and racist. I won't respect a racists opinion and happy to call them names. 

so did you call all them singing today names,now I was not there today due to playing football myself but what my mates are telling me over half the stand was chanting

2 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

so did you call all them singing today names,now I was not there today due to playing football myself but what my mates are telling me over half the stand was chanting

Yes I'd be more than happy to report and call out any racist behaviour, they are an embarrassment to the club. Hopefully as per Jon Lansdown's tweet the individuals or groups can be identified and reported.

29 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’m not saying that, I said it appears it did happen but there’s no proof or evidence yet. It’s also not been shared in the media exactly what was said, you’ve just guessed and made it up.

I haven’t seen any evidence of the chanting today so I guess until I see it I will take it with a pinch of salt

15 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

Herd Mentality this - People will follow the crowd irregardless of personal opinion and rationality.

The best way to avoid it going forward is better education and condemning it when it happens, not excusing it because “half the stand were chanting it”. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Dredd

Don't know about away but I do recall at home some similar well 'Small Town in Asia' I'm thinking of, chants v Leicester in 2010 and 2013.thread about each on here from back then anyway.

Quite possibly. No less abhorrent. 
Given the events in Bulgaria this week too you would have thought this may have been in the backs of people’s minds. Given events here and at Yeovil’s game today I guess not. Hope nobody doing this was spreading their ‘outrage’ on social media....

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

Completely agree, in fact his conviction for contempt of court , nearly let the perpetrators of serious sexual abuse charges a way out. 

That is not a fact. It is your opinion. It is a fact that the Attorney General felt that Tommy Robinson had not prejudiced the trial at Leeds. Hence after his successful appeal charges against Tommy Robinson were altered to reflect this . 

7 hours ago, forestofdean said:

When People start with the name calling, no matter what side there on, they lose the argument.  Abuse when nothing constructive to say and because you dare question  there perceived right to be always right. Some folk just dont like to get there views challenged. So of course that makes the challenger racist, thick, far right, ect ect ect.

Pretty sad really. 

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

That is not a fact. It is your opinion. It is a fact that the Attorney General felt that Tommy Robinson had not prejudiced the trial at Leeds. Hence after his successful appeal charges against Tommy Robinson were altered to reflect this . 

His actions, which he was convicted for and served a prison sentence for, came extremely close to collapsing the trial as one of the defendants appealed as a direct result of what he did outside the courtroom. That is a fact 

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Maybe i should report them to jon lansdown he will fix all the worlds religious problems.

This isnt saudi at the end of the day, you can attend a football match and feel free to discuss religion.

Saying it’s about religion is such nonsense. People are chanting ‘small town in Asia’ because of the town’s large Asian population. Lots of the other things reported (chanting England at Asian supporters, chanting Tommy Robinson’s name etc.) is racist. People pretending it’s all about religion and they’ve not prejudice towards Asian people but just Muslims - not that that’s ok in the first place - are deluding themselves. Far better to admit that a minority of our fans are racist, and that the club needs to be prepared to do something about that.

I totaly agree dave, therefore they are no better than tommy robinson.

One team in keynsham one poster here even suggested christians are quote fair game.

I dont wish to name and shame him, because this would be unchristian.

I even invited him to a church i attend twice a month in st pauls to discuss his issues with us.

This is documented here .

I

4 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I totaly agree dave, therefore they are no better than tommy robinson.

One team in keynsham one poster here even suggested christians are quote fair game.

I dont wish to name and shame him, because this would be unchristian.

I even invited him to a church i attend twice a month in st pauls to discuss his issues with us.

This is documented here .

I

If it is documented then link the post(s). Otherwise I am taking your post to be bullsh1t.

So, based on the support shown at Luton,  and on here for known racists and racist organisations, the answer to the question from the original post is,

Yes,

racism is a problem at city games... 

This does reflect a wider trend in society- populism and vilification of foreigners- encouraged by the right wing media, which is supported by a lot of the population.

Archived