IGNORED

Is racism a problem at City games?

Make a Sub

1 hour ago, SX227 said:

@Notbarrymanc  the Rovers emoji proves my point exactly.

You CANNOT STAND anyone with an alternative view. You are right, HAVE to be right 100% of the time - otherwise all the 'Brexit loving racists' that you see on every street corner don't exist and your worldview is wrong.

I believe it was you that bought Enoch Powell into this thread. 

You honestly think that the 'Rivers Of Blood' speech equates to 30 idiots chanting Tommy Robinson?

Really?

So besides spout total bollox on here, what did you do at the game? Anything?

Or did you not go? If you didn't go, then why are you posting 15 times in this thread?

People on this thread have called for 2 yr prison sentences, life bans and compared them to Nazi's - I bet half these people chanting about Robinson were either kids or just too thick to even know who he is.

And for that you think that they should go to jail, lose their jobs, their homes, probably their relationships and children.

Really?

Racism is a 2 way street - I hope you protest as loudly for the Coptic Christians murdered in their 1000's as you do for the Muslims offended by the incidents on Saturday.

Where's your outrage at Black on White crime?  

Genital Mutilation?

The Murder of homosexuals?

The Sultan of Brunei and his new laws?

It's always the thick white working class that get the full-on 'outraged' treatment.

RACISM IS BLOODY RACISM REGARDLESS OF THE COLOUR OF THE VICTIM - If you cannot or WILL NOT  accept that - then you are the PROBLEM not the SOLUTION.

It's like talking to a brick wall with some of you 'anti-fascists', it really is.

Wow, where to start.....Lets's lock the thread, this has all gone on long enough, but just before we go I'll broaden it,out into the world's problems.

FYI I'm outraged by all the things you mention. I just wasn't aware of any of them at Luton, which is what I thought this was about.Are you outraged by racism at football?

1 hour ago, Redinthehead said:

Are these things happening at Bristol City matches?

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

“We probably ought to stop chants that could be seen as racist”

”YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SULTAN OF BRUNEI!!!”

1 hour ago, TinMan's left peg said:

You can’t move in the Landsdown lounge for all the genital mutilation going on  sometimes and I heard that the Sultan of Brunei took away the chips from the dolman market street 

The defence rests M'Lud. 

Apparently you can only be opposed to racism if it's happening 20 ft away.

Sod the rest of the world eh lads?

A bit hard innit, getting off your keyboard, wandering down to Bristol Uni and complaining about their attendance at the Chinese Consulate - you know the same Chinese who have slaughtered and caged 500,000 Chinese Muslims.

http://uk.chineseembassy.org/eng/EmbassyNews/t1636028.htm

I mean why bother complaining about a bit of genocide in an email or even go protest?

Chinese Embassy in London, United Kingdom
49 Portland Place, London W1B 1JL, United Kingdom 
Phone 0044-20-72994049
Website http://www.chinese-embassy.org.uk
Email political@chinese-embassy.org.uk

Chinese Consulate General in Manchester, United Kingdom
Denison House, 71 Denison Road, Rusholme, Manchester M14 5RX, United Kingdom 
Phone 0044-161-2248672
Website http://manchester.chineseconsulate.org
Email chinaconsul_man_uk@mfa.gov.cn

38 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Wow, where to start.....Lets's lock the thread, this has all gone on long enough, but just before we go I'll broaden it,out into the world's problems.

FYI I'm outraged by all the things you mention. I just wasn't aware of any of them at Luton, which is what I thought this was about.Are you outraged by racism at football?

100% appalled.

Just as I am appalled by the hate being perpetrated by ethnic/religious/political groups around the globe.

But as this thread descended into Enoch Powell, prison time, life bans, Brexit, illegal immigrants (none of which happened at Luton either) - I thought I'd expand as well.

So no, none of the above happens at Bristol City matches.

But perhaps a victim of one of these atrocities is present, or a relative.

But no, just virtue signal about Tommy Robinson, puff yer chests out and pat each other on the back for a jolly good bit of wokeness.

I do love a good bit of left-wing outrage (between 9-5 Mon-Fri - internet only) as there may be something good on the telly after work so we will leave it to others.

?

Found what I was looking for, and the theory of nothing said to nothing reported falls down a bit.

This Tweet was from a Luton fan at 4:26 pm on Saturday. If as I suspect it did, it predated reports from our fans then it would have likely eventually made its way into the media.

Let alone the other stuff I mentioned about the context of the prior Monday, the referees report, local media on either side or the Luton forum etc.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Found what I was looking for, and the theory of nothing said to nothing reported falls down a bit.

This Tweet was from a Luton fan at 4:26 pm on Saturday. If as I suspect it did, it predated reports from our fans then it would have likely made its way into the media.

Let alone the other stuff I mentioned about the context of the prior Monday, the referees report, local media on either side or the Luton forum.

A tweet mentioning casual racism isn’t really even on the same page as the rate our own fans have escalated this whilst patting themselves on the back

Then we have posts expressing shock that the media are concentrating solely on the racism and not fans reactions - well there’s a surprise.

Where was all this outrage or condemnation from all the same posters recently , when one of our own players , his wife and children received the most vile racial abuse directly.........

The thread didn’t make a full two pages ....... 

15 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Yeah cos it's only white people who are racist

I never said it was. But white Europeans (for example) discussing what’s racist and what isn’t when they have no idea how racism affects someone is strange. Would love to hear your example of someone being racist to a white person in Europe, it would be something along the lines of being called a ‘cracka’ once or someone saying ‘ I hate white people’ rather than the centuries of racism against black people.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Where was all this outrage or condemnation from all the same posters recently , when one of our own players , his wife and children received the most vile racial abuse directly.........

That is a VERY valid point!

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A tweet mentioning casual racism isn’t really even on the same page as the rate our own fans have escalated this whilst patting themselves on the back

Then we have posts expressing shock that the media are concentrating solely on the racism and not fans reactions - well there’s a surprise.

Okay thanks- it's a good point, it's a lot less likely but I still think it might have- did it escalate things? Yes. The Tweet tagging our club in it though, would have got attention from somewhere- undoubtedly it is the case that this forum will be read by some national journos, and we know about local media who do. Onto the Tweet, had that user wrote "Bristol City fans" as opposed to "@BristolCity fans" then it may have proved quite different!

I've actually been half tempted to go and argue the toss with what I presume to be fans of other clubs on social media about this, there is one on Twitter who is advocating points deductions- about the complexities of this case and similar, but I'm worried that local media will pick up on it and it'll grow from there so I've held back in the main.

Yeah read that thread back now- you're right- a mere 70 posts! Pretty shocking that. I suppose a reason this has gained traction on here is because this is allegations and debate about sections of our own fans- the one who racially abused Korey was clearly not a City fan- did they ever get found/prosecuted btw? Hope so! With the spotlight in the UK now, clubs and fans need to be seen as beyond reproach as our FA is pushing the issue of racism at a European level, if that makes sense.

This thread has gone waaaay off topic too- debates about Tommy Robinson and the merits or otherwise of his views, which ethnicity or races are racist, references about China, Saudi Arabia, Enoch Powell etc etc- half this thread, maybe more should be shifted into the politics forum IMO.

One more note.

This gained less media coverage by far- Millwall at Luton 2019, so not long before the international break. If any at all.

Certainly consider our problem a lot lower than other clubs, on balance.

16 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Would love to hear your example of someone being racist to a white person in Europe

Clearly you've never worked in or for the Public Sector.

Positive affirmation, positive discrimination, cultural appropriation are all politically acceptable terms for, er, racial discrimination in action. Even legislation permits that to be so.

1 hour ago, SX227 said:

100% appalled.

Just as I am appalled by the hate being perpetrated by ethnic/religious/political groups around the globe.

Fair play. Thank you. I have to say though that there remain posters on here who share your stance on the 'virtuous' but still refuse to condemn the racist chants.

So no, none of the above happens at Bristol City matches.

But perhaps a victim of one of these atrocities is present, or a relative.

Maybe, but no-one was chanting in support of genital mutilation or of the Sultan of Brunei (at least, not that I heard!). I'd be happy to hear our fans singing their opposition to either, but not sure that we could persuade S82 that it's that catchy!

But no, just virtue signal about Tommy Robinson, puff yer chests out and pat each other on the back for a jolly good bit of wokeness.

One way to characterise it. I prefer the version that says there are a majority of City fans who want to be able to go to a match without having to listen to the crap we were subjected to at Luton. Personally, the issue that got to me, and involved me in the debate, was the suggestion that somehow the consequent bad publicity for the club is the fault of those, like you and I, who are appalled by racism at a football match rather than those responsible for the racist behaviour.

I do love a good bit of left-wing outrage (between 9-5 Mon-Fri - internet only) as there may be something good on the telly after work so we will leave it to others.

Not sure about the left wing right wing thing. It's about wrong or right. Most of those who are most vocal about the issues you're concerned about would probably be charcaterised as left rather than right. And as for the internet, I don't think there's much doubt at the moment that the far right are far more effective at generating on line outrage than anyone else!

?

3 hours ago, SX227 said:

@Notbarrymanc  the Rovers emoji proves my point exactly.

You CANNOT STAND anyone with an alternative view. You are right, HAVE to be right 100% of the time - otherwise all the 'Brexit loving racists' that you see on every street corner don't exist and your worldview is wrong.

I believe it was you that bought Enoch Powell into this thread. 

You honestly think that the 'Rivers Of Blood' speech equates to 30 idiots chanting Tommy Robinson?

Really?

So besides spout total bollox on here, what did you do at the game? Anything?

Or did you not go? If you didn't go, then why are you posting 15 times in this thread?

People on this thread have called for 2 yr prison sentences, life bans and compared them to Nazi's - I bet half these people chanting about Robinson were either kids or just too thick to even know who he is.

And for that you think that they should go to jail, lose their jobs, their homes, probably their relationships and children.

Really?

Racism is a 2 way street - I hope you protest as loudly for the Coptic Christians murdered in their 1000's as you do for the Muslims offended by the incidents on Saturday.

Where's your outrage at Black on White crime?  

Genital Mutilation?

The Murder of homosexuals?

The Sultan of Brunei and his new laws?

It's always the thick white working class that get the full-on 'outraged' treatment.

RACISM IS BLOODY RACISM REGARDLESS OF THE COLOUR OF THE VICTIM - If you cannot or WILL NOT  accept that - then you are the PROBLEM not the SOLUTION.

It's like talking to a brick wall with some of you 'anti-fascists', it really is.

Quite the melt down there, are you feeling alright, old timer? Did you remember your meds?

I didn’t intend for the emoji to infer that you were rovers, apologies, I wouldn’t wish that sentence on my worst enemy. I meant for the emoji to convey that you are full of shit. 

I wasn’t at the game, it was my sons first birthday party. Does that mean I’m not allowed to condone racism? Are you trying to quell my right to a voice? This isn’t the nursing home, you can’t just go around doing that matey ?

I’ve not said anything about retribution or jail sentences. I’ll thank you not to put words in my mouth, old bean. 

Yes, I detest all levels of racism. Thankfully there was no genital mutilation on Saturday, so it hasn’t been brought up. I’m not really sure what you’re rambling on about tbh. Maybe if you try being a bit more coherent and engage in some normal conversation you won’t feel like you’re talking to yourself all day long. Albeit, you likely are ?

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

Apparently you can only be opposed to racism if it's happening 20 ft away.

I can support the ban on single-use plastics while using a plastic tooth brush.

I can support those supporting environmental legislation while driving a car.

I can support those that want financial equality while earning an above average salary.

I can support minority rights and representation while being a white male in a position of power.

Just because I hold a pretty basic view like "let's keep racism out of football", it doesn't mean that I need to make fighting racism my life's work, and while there are people that take it way too far and become SJW nutjobs, the vast majority of people only want to promote one thing - empathy.

Racism is bad, and so are ill-informed crusades. One thing we can all agree on is that if everyone tried to improve the world they see from their front door, society as a whole would benefit.

19 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I can support those that want financial equality while earning an above average salary.

I can support minority rights and representation while being a white male in a position of power.

Just because I hold a pretty basic view like "let's keep racism out of football", it doesn't mean that I need to make fighting racism my life's work, and while there are people that take it way too far and become SJW nutjobs, the vast majority of people only want to promote one thing - empathy.

Racism is bad, and so are ill-informed crusades. One thing we can all agree on is that if everyone tried to improve the world they see from their front door, society as a whole would benefit.

Great post ? 

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I never said it was. But white Europeans (for example) discussing what’s racist and what isn’t when they have no idea how racism affects someone is strange. Would love to hear your example of someone being racist to a white person in Europe, it would be something along the lines of being called a ‘cracka’ once or someone saying ‘ I hate white people’ rather than the centuries of racism against black people.

Many years ago my white mate had a bottle smashed in his face while walking alone along Stapleton Rd at night. This was done as he walked past a group of black youths and left him with horrific scaring to his cheek. 

What did they do that to him for?

1 hour ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Quite the melt down there, are you feeling alright, old timer? Did you remember your meds?

I didn’t intend for the emoji to infer that you were rovers, apologies, I wouldn’t wish that sentence on my worst enemy. I meant for the emoji to convey that you are full of shit. 

I wasn’t at the game, it was my sons first birthday party. Does that mean I’m not allowed to condone racism? Are you trying to quell my right to a voice? This isn’t the nursing home, you can’t just go around doing that matey ?

I’ve not said anything about retribution or jail sentences. I’ll thank you not to put words in my mouth, old bean. 

Yes, I detest all levels of racism. Thankfully there was no genital mutilation on Saturday, so it hasn’t been brought up. I’m not really sure what you’re rambling on about tbh. Maybe if you try being a bit more coherent and engage in some normal conversation you won’t feel like you’re talking to yourself all day long. Albeit, you likely are ?

As stated before - you just cannot have any form of reasonable conversation with a rabid left-winger.

To concede any ground makes their anger and spite  toward others bought into doubt. That's the problem - that the 'outraged on behalf of others even though they aren't outraged' CANNOT EVER be wrong.

To be wrong would open up the possibility of a discussion with those of opposing views.

Without that dialogue, nothing ever gets fixed.

Not racism, not homophobia, nothing.

Notbarrymanc's post speaks for itself. Full of hate and loathing.

It seems easier to be abusive for notbarrymanc which again, makes him the problem, not the solution. Not that he will ever have the insight to see it.

Happy Birthday to your son.

I hope you allow him to grow up with an open mind.

39 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Now you mention it, I do need to mow the lawn

41 minutes ago, swanker said:

Many years ago my white mate had a bottle smashed in his face while walking alone along Stapleton Rd at night. This was done as he walked past a group of black youths and left him with horrific scaring to his cheek. 

What did they do that to him for?

That was a serious assault. Just because an attack is white on black or black on white doesn’t mean it’s racist 

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Clearly you've never worked in or for the Public Sector.

Positive affirmation, positive discrimination, cultural appropriation are all politically acceptable terms for, er, racial discrimination in action. Even legislation permits that to be so.

That is not racism. That is put in place, rightly or wrongly to address racism. 

55 minutes ago, SX227 said:

As stated before - you just cannot have any form of reasonable conversation with a rabid left-winger.

To concede any ground makes their anger and spite  toward others bought into doubt. That's the problem - that the 'outraged on behalf of others even though they aren't outraged' CANNOT EVER be wrong.

To be wrong would open up the possibility of a discussion with those of opposing views.

Without that dialogue, nothing ever gets fixed.

Not racism, not homophobia, nothing.

Notbarrymanc's post speaks for itself. Full of hate and loathing.

It seems easier to be abusive for notbarrymanc which again, makes him the problem, not the solution. Not that he will ever have the insight to see it.

Happy Birthday to your son.

I hope you allow him to grow up with an open mind.

Unfortunately, old matey boy, your argument falls down at its inception. I’m not left leaning, nor am I liberal. I’m very much centrist, and I’m not party political. 

No one is hateful here, and no one is being abusive. I couldn’t be more apathetic to your posts. I think what this is, is projection. You’ve made yourself look a bit of a twit and have got your knickers in a bit of a twist and have started lashing out. 

And no one is shutting down dialogue but you, old fella, as you inferred by mentioning my post count earlier. 

Let’s wheel it all back, stop the bumbling diatribe, and try to stick to one argument:

Racism is bad? Agreed. 

Fin.

12 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

That was a serious assault. Just because an attack is white on black or black on white doesn’t mean it’s racist 

Is that right? Growing up in Easton I would say they done him because he was white, I’ve absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever. 

Shame really, you should have seen the state of his face! 

7 hours ago, Dudek123 said:

Hello everyone.

I’ve been lurking on here for over ten years and never felt the need the join but this discussion has  pushed me to join.

This will probably be my only post.

The MSM have had a monopoly on the public opinion of Tommy Robinson since he came on to the scene. They have manipulated opinions to suit their narrative. Tommy will openly admit that in his younger years he was no angel as he will talk about his hooligan years.  Now, he has kids and the future he sees for those kids is bleak and he feels compelled to speak about that.

I have included a YouTube link for Tommy’s oxford union speech where he is given the time to give the facts of his life experience and experiences of others living in close proximity to a dense Muslim population.

I challenge anyone to still see things the same way after watching this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQ94jFg_4A&t=52s

Tommy has had his voice taken away from him on all social media and you can currently find him on the telegram app if you are interested in seeing the issues he is highlighting. 

Or you can visit his website at tr.news.

Thanks for reading.

@Dudek123  Thanks for posting that. It does indeed make interesting viewing.

It's good to be able to see both sides to a story. The MSM and the powers that be do tend to feed us a certain narrative that we're meant to believe on many different subjects, incidents and happenings.

I expect though that most people will not either want to, or choose not to look at what you've highlighted as they are happy in what they believe.

If I mention the name 'Tommy Robinson' will my post be deleted or will I possibly be banned from the forum or Ashton Gate?

11 minutes ago, swanker said:

Is that right? Growing up in Easton I would say they done him because he was white, I’ve absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever. 

Shame really, you should have seen the state of his face! 

Yeah it is right. You have no real information suggesting this was a racist attack other than living in Easton, which doesn’t prove anything. I’ve lived in St Paul’s for the last 20 years and I can give you far more examples of racist attacks with proof. if your mate was victim to one in Easton, that is abhorrent.

32 minutes ago, freezer said:

@Dudek123  Thanks for posting that. It does indeed make interesting viewing.

It's good to be able to see both sides to a story. The MSM and the powers that be do tend to feed us a certain narrative that we're meant to believe on many different subjects, incidents and happenings.

I expect though that most people will not either want to, or choose not to look at what you've highlighted as they are happy in what they believe.

If I mention the name 'Tommy Robinson' will my post be deleted or will I possibly be banned from the forum or Ashton Gate?

Everyone’s entitled to the people but I’m interested how you can go along with this narrative of poor misunderstood Stephen’s “younger days”, when he was convicted of assault, abusive behaviour, common assault, owning false identity documents or mortgage fraud, the last when he was only a young 29-year-old.

People think that because some things are taboo which shouldn’t be, like the way Rotherham was dealt with, that they’re willing to turn a blind eye to Stephen because he “tells it like it is”.

Don’t judge him on what he says to a load of middle-class white students, when he’s presenting himself as the moderate face of anti-extremism. How is that ever going to give you a true picture?

This is him on his own terms, and if this is moderate then I don’t know what moderate means - 

@SX227 - You are very angry for someone complaining about everyone else being offended. You sure you’re ok?

Listening to the podcast now, the OSIB.

01:15 onwards- good listen on this subject, for those who are interested.

Let's hope any people who are not yet banned  if indeed there is a need, leave their views at the door Wednesday in particular. We will be under added scrutiny- have no doubt.

@Olé is bang on, as he is talking about the podcast. Have whatever politics away from the ground but just leave it- left, right, the extremes whatever- leave it at the ******* door! ?:city::sign09::ranting:

If you can't leave it at the door, please don't come in through it. :sub:

49 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Listening to the podcast now, the OSIB.

01:15 onwards- good listen on this subject, for those who are interested.

Let's hope any people who are not yet banned  if indeed there is a need, leave their views at the door Wednesday in particular. We will be under added scrutiny- have no doubt.

@Olé is bang on, as he is talking about the podcast. Have whatever politics away from the ground but just leave it- left, right, the extremes whatever- leave it at the ******* door! ?:city::sign09::ranting:

If you can't leave it at the door, please don't come in through it. :sub:

Is there a door? 

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Yeah it is right. You have no real information suggesting this was a racist attack other than living in Easton, which doesn’t prove anything. I’ve lived in St Paul’s for the last 20 years and I can give you far more examples of racist attacks with proof. if your mate was victim to one in Easton, that is abhorrent.

Living in Easton doesn’t prove anything you’re right. As for as I know the people who did this were never caught. If they would have been, I can assure you they would not have been classed as racist. That’s the way it works!

Archived