IGNORED

New Bristol City App

Bristol Rob

9 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Looks good, but any idea how to access the club Twitter feed through the app like you could with the old one? I don't use Twitter so it was very handy for getting the team news as it's always on Twitter first.

Scroll to the bottom to ‘Social Hub’ & click on any of the social media tabs there.

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

@beaverface / @Coin-op Are you pressing the "back" key to go back a screen?

I noticed you have to press the X at the top left to go back to the first menu rather than pressing back etc

Not even getting that far. As soon as I launch the App, I get an image of the new club crest, with a horizontal scrolling black progress bar at which point, the app says "Bristol City FC has stopped. Close App or Send Feedback".

Absolutely no option to go back, or to press X (which isn't there)

Whilst it appears that no one from the club ever uses this forum, for reasons that will ever remain a mystery...

It might be an idea, if you are having a problem with the app that you post details of the device you are or have tried installing it on, and also what operating system you are using.

Just in case this sort of useful feedback might be stumbled across by someone who was never here....

• Admin
6 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Not even getting that far. As soon as I launch the App, I get an image of the new club crest, with a horizontal scrolling black progress bar at which point, the app says "Bristol City FC has stopped. Close App or Send Feedback".

When I had that line I had to click on it to update to the new app.

Essentially you need to uninstall the old app and then re-install the new one - it has the new badge as its logo

2 hours ago, Coin-op said:

Have tried uninstalling and RE installing but to no avail. App crashes and closes from the intro screen when pressing next.  No X or back button. Using a HTC One M9. Any ideas?

Must be a bug. 

Inconvenient for you but the developers would highly appreciate it if you reported what happens & what actions are required for it to happen. 

Makes it 1000 times easier to fix.  

7 hours ago, phantom said:

When I had that line I had to click on it to update to the new app.

Essentially you need to uninstall the old app and then re-install the new one - it has the new badge as its logo

Yes it appears to be completely new, I expected it to just update the existing app, but I ended up with two different apps initially.

Seems smooth on my phone so far though.

8 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Scroll to the bottom to ‘Social Hub’ & click on any of the social media tabs there.

Just need an OTIB tab and it would be perfect! Seriously though it looks good so far. The big test for me will be the audio commentary on Saturday though as I found the old app did cut out on occasions. 

Weird but probably my favourite thing they've done is split out the News section in to "Men's", "Women's", "Academy" and "Community". So simple but really streamlines it and should help.

Weird that some sections such as tickets still just redirects you to the website. I'm still not sure it's really necessary or that I'll ever really use it but it seems like a huge improvement on the old app.

On 17/10/2019 at 14:27, beaverface said:

Same for me...

Archived