IGNORED

attack the goalkeeper on saturday,no clean sheets

Never to the dark side

11 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Lutons Croatia goalkeeper Simon Sluga has not kept a clean sheet in eleven appearances this season

Quite a bit of speculation in the press and on various podcasts I listen to that Sluga may well be dropped for Saturday. Sluga's been dreadful and a few are saying they expect James Shea to be between the sticks instead.

But yeh if Sluga does start then get at him early and make him worry.

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I knew I had seen a clip where he let the ball go under his foot, and I was in the process of looking for it when you posted.

Thank You for a wonderful compilation.

Not mine, I'm just a messenger. Made by this James lad who has made compilations of nearly every City player. Don't think he posts on here but he's pretty active on Twitter if you are so inclined.

The guy who made the video has also published a preview blog. https://jbcfc.home.blog/2019/10/13/opposition-scouting-report-luton-town/

In it he says "Having watched every goal Simon Sluga has conceded this season, if I’m being kind, 8 out of 20 of them have been down to his errors. If I’m being critical, then 10 out of 20 were down to the Croat. He’s a clear weak link for The Hatters, however I believe he’ll finally be taken out of the firing line on Saturday – with 2018/19 promotion winner James Shea waiting in the wings."

22 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Dear lord. Can’t believe that’s all from one keeper! Is that all this season?! 

He makes Marinovic look like Buffon. 

Not only must his confidence be shot, but the entire back line will be cagey with him behind. I want goals!!

Yep, all this season. 

He's obviously not a bad keeper as he's in the Croatia squad and they are no mugs - but there's no doubt he's in awful form, perhaps because of a less than glorious set of defenders in front of him (although personally I think at least half a dozen of those errors are down to him alone).

Unfortunately as I said above the consensus amongst pundits and Luton fans is that he'll be dropped on Saturday with James Shea taking his place.

7 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

You’ve not wasted my time at all Exiled. Just what I was after. Many thanks!

Think Rodri could  definitely do some damage against this flapper.

Has being a Bristol City fan not taught you anything?

This guy will no doubt have the game of his life against us and be named motm and make some saves of the season against us and win awards for those saves. Probably even get an assist by doing a long kick to a striker who then scores. 

He will then continue to be shit.

It's just out luck, we are cursed. 

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Has being a Bristol City fan not taught you anything?

This guy will no doubt have the game of his life against us and be named motm and make some saves of the season against us and win awards for those saves. Probably even get an assist by doing a long kick to a striker who then scores. 

He will then continue to be shit.

It's just out luck, we are cursed. 

Haha yeah that’s true. We are cursed. Bring on League One.

21 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Had to watch this a few times, a bit bad of me, but really enjoyed to poor blokes dejection after each goal goes in.. so sad.... :laugh:... ?

Yeah, that is quite sad.

Liverpool used to have a promising goalkeeper by the name of Loris Karius, who you may recall made a series of embarrassing blunders, none less than in the 2018 Champions League final against Real Madrid.

Whilst it transpired later that LK was suffering from concussion at the time, he was obviously distraught; so distraught, in fact, that he was reduced to tears when apologising to his Liverpool teammates and fans for having lost them the match.

I daresay that the death threats he received following that final didn't help either, but his career has gone steadily downhill ever since that night in Kiev.

A very lonely position is goalkeeper.   

On 17/10/2019 at 17:37, Never to the dark side said:

all season

Lutons Croatia goalkeeper Simon Sluga has not kept a clean sheet in eleven appearances this season

Diedhiou must start with Eliason on the wing.

As soon as I read this one thing came into my mind?

Archived