IGNORED

Benik Afobe Updates

Swede

58 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Will it lower his price? Get him on the cheap and yea? Get better soon Benik

Think that’s about right. The vibes was a decent bloke as well as really decent player. The club will keep cards to chest re this I am sure but recovery assumed I would both expect and hope we sign him  And might be cheaper than suggested pre injury 

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Think that’s about right. The vibes was a decent bloke as well as really decent player. The club will keep cards to chest re this I am sure but recovery assumed I would both expect and hope we sign him  And might be cheaper than suggested pre injury 

If we didn’t exercise our option to buy (under whatever terms), he then becomes an open option for anyone else, and prospective suitors might have more dosh / offer more than us.

There was a picture of Afobe celebrating with KP45 after the Charlton match with him in the City training wear. Does anybody have any updates on his rehab?

I am not sure I can recall how one player's injury can have such an impact on the club's season. [It certainly has mine}

I am sure someone will point out another. I can think of Paul Cheesley's injury V Stoke in the League Cup as being the last I can recall. We simply didn't \ couldn't replace him at the time.

15 minutes ago, Swede said:

There was a picture of Afobe celebrating with KP45 after the Charlton match with him in the City training wear. Does anybody have any updates on his rehab?

I am not sure I can recall how one player's injury can have such an impact on the club's season. [It certainly has mine}

I am sure someone will point out another. I can think of Paul Cheesley's injury V Stoke in the League Cup as being the last I can recall. We simply didn't \ couldn't replace him at the time.

It was a league game. He said pedantically!

14 minutes ago, Swede said:

Sorry to be a pedant..........it was a Tuesday night league game v Stoke, first home game of the season......I was stood in the open end and can remember it happening as he and Peter Shilton clashed.  So devastating.

11 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry to be a pedant..........it was a Tuesday night league game v Stoke, first home game of the season......I was stood in the open end and can remember it happening as he and Peter Shilton clashed.  So devastating.

I would totally agree -definitely the League game, and Shilts was the goalie.  Cheesley was never the same, even when he tried to come back - a real shame as a great talent!

Thanks for the pendants amongst us for pointing out a 40 plus year old mistake. I must do better. ( I won't say the correct year just in case it encourages more pendantary!)

All joking (and pendants, we mustn't forget the pendants) aside has anyone got any updates on him?

He's a top bloke and I hope he reads some of the forums to know that we're all thinking of him and hope he has a speedy recovery.

3 minutes ago, Swede said:

Thanks for the pendants amongst us for pointing out a 40 plus year old mistake. I must do better. ( I won't say the correct year just in case it encourages more pendantary!)

All joking (and pendants, we mustn't forget the pendants) aside has anyone got any updates on him?

He's a top bloke and I hope he reads some of the forums to know that we're all thinking of him and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Just waiting for a pendant (sic) to pick you up on the spelling there ;)

On 28/10/2019 at 08:13, maxjak said:

Sorry to be a pedant..........it was a Tuesday night league game v Stoke, first home game of the season......I was stood in the open end and can remember it happening as he and Peter Shilton clashed.  So 

I was in the Open End too, remember it well, devastating for sure

Well, badly strained my ACL in the left knee, and as soon as that healed did my right knee. It was ******* agony. The physiotherapy seemed to hinder rather than help.

The left took 12 months before being pain-free. The right, 14 months and counting. 

Good luck Mr Afobe! 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Back for the run in?

On 18/10/2019 at 09:48, phantom said:

I mentioned elsewhere on a thread, someone I know spoke to him that day and he mentioned he was aiming for the end of February 2020 - only time will tell

But imagine bringing him back in the form he was in for the last months of the season

Thanks for the updates. Just imagine the lift that will give the whole club and fans if he was to return for the end of the season.

Can't help feeling that our season will be defined by how many games he's involved in, such was his impact on and off the pitch before the injury.

17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

image.png.0357a20366c6a631d30b559e3dfa8f98.png

Those 10 final games currently scheduled for March, April and May. Obviously an awful lot can change between now and Fulham at home - but that is not an easy final 10. 6 at home though...although it's questionable whether that's actually an advantage.

He won't be able to play one of those ten either (unless we buy him in January)

19 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Those 10 final games currently scheduled for March, April and May. Obviously an awful lot can change between now and Fulham at home - but that is not an easy final 10. 6 at home though...although it's questionable whether that's actually an advantage.

We should have won the league & FA cup by then.

25 minutes ago, Swede said:

Thanks for the updates. Just imagine the lift that will give the whole club and fans if he was to return for the end of the season.

Can't help feeling that our season will be defined by how many games he's involved in, such was his impact on and off the pitch before the injury.

Couldn't agree more. They say some players just click at certain clubs and some need a bit of TLC, well there's no better club in the land than ours for giving a player all the TLC they need, in return for giving their all, and that couldn't be truer said than with Afobe.

If he can come back early and show that the injury has had no ill effects then I'm so wanting us to snap him up on a permanent with whatever fee the magic man Mr Ashton has agreed. I think he may be a steel :yes: (I don't know what it is, KITR does and even though quite rightly so he won't relay that info I think it's pretty good!)

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

Oh really? Does his loan terminate at the end of April then? Is this a case of "when is a season-long loan not a season-long loan"?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/afobe-joins-city-on-season-long-loan/

Edit: ignore me, realised you're talking about the Stoke game.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

He means the game against Stoke

Yeh. It's still early morning where I live so I'm blaming the coffee for not kicking in yet.

Just now, Tipps69 said:

I just hope we’re not solely relying on him being back in March & don’t go about trying to sign a quality forward in January because of this expectant date.

Tipps I reckon you're going to be disappointed.

31 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Brutal!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Big C said:

Is he not still on loan with us until the end of the season?

If not Stoke cancel his contract and we take him on as an unregistered player

For the story to suggest he may be back in March, it does suggest a tear, rather than a rupture, and perhaps little other damage, e.g. cartilage / meniscus, either.  That is good news (if true)....especially for Benik himself.

It would be good to think he does come back for a few / several games, if nothing else, but to prove it’s worth activating the option to buy.

Assuming we don’t get promoted (of course I hope we do), it would be great going into the summer knowing a striker target is on the cards at a really sensible fee.  Chasing strikers is not easy, and it’s obvious Benik would like to stay here.

Archived