IGNORED

Benik Afobe Updates

Swede

7 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Pretty sure it was mentioned we can terminate the loan deal in January. Surely we would take that up if we have the option and move on. Maybe look at him in the Summer.

I think it has to be mutually agreed with Stoke.  Would imagine Stoke would be happy to let it run to the summer and City continue to subsidise wages for a player who is not gonna get many games in.

On 29/10/2019 at 18:24, Swede said:

Thanks for the pendants amongst us for pointing out a 40 plus year old mistake. I must do better. ( I won't say the correct year just in case it encourages more pendantary!)

All joking (and pendants, we mustn't forget the pendants) aside has anyone got any updates on him?

Paul Cheesley is going well and could be at the next home game!

Pedantry rules ok!

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

kThis from Palmer's instagram. Afobe out of the brace, off crutches, and messing about playing football with what looks like a ball pit ball. Positive news I guess? 

As an aside - good to see him smiling.

Screenshot_20200106-123331.png

Blimey, at first read I thought you'd said  'pit bull' 

Anyway speedy recovery wished for Benik Afobe .

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Blimey, at first read I thought you'd said  'pit bull' 

Anyway speedy recovery wished for Benik Afobe .

Take your time Benik. Physically and mentally you have a lot to cope with. There is more to life than football.

Cant get a link of the video but if people wanna see it then its benik afobe story on instagram 

Shows his and palmer at a soft play centre and hes has no knee brace and he is doing step overs and drag backs with a little plastic ball cheeky little celebration at end with the caption the afobe comeback is on??

I know its not on grass or even with a proper football but progress is looking good

26 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Bloody hell. Imagine a fully fit Afobe upfront with Nketiah with Palmer just behind ?

Exactly what I was thinking, though having the feeling that the Nketiah deal may have died.

We also need to be there or thereabouts heading towards the end of the season and some arses are going to have to be kicked to make that happen.

1 hour ago, Meh said:

What I loved about the video and a couple of pictures I saw is how happy he and his wife appeared.

Very brave people to  be able to try and push on.

They must be so mentally strong and can’t respect them enough.

Ran out of likes but yes, absolutely. What a strong family unit they must be.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

What I loved about the video and a couple of pictures I saw is how happy he and his wife appeared.

I thought exactly the same thing. I have 2 children myself and could never imagine the pain they have both gone through and personally I don't think I could ever find myself in a happy place again. Just goes to show the mental strength and attitude of the man which is part of the reason he slotted in so well here. Would love to see Benik in a city shirt again, what a truly unbelievable and inspiring man. 

5 hours ago, Meh said:

100%. The two of them, Palmer and his girlfriend, all having lunch together and their kids playing together. And some people had the balls to say Palmer had a stinking attitude, was disruptive, bad lifestyle etc etc.........

9 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Can't really see him being much impact on our season, he won't be match fit in time to have any real impact. That type of injury takes about 8-9 months to heal and then he has to build up match fitness. We need to replace him rather than banking on him being our saviour in the run in. 

I believe he will be back by middle of March so could well have a massive say in our position in the league!! 

Archived