IGNORED

Crystal Palace game?

davidoldfart

20 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

In the pre match interview Lee mentioned that Ian Wright had not managed to visit the training but hoped he would get to the “Crystal Palace” match? 

Have i missed something or was this a slip of the tongue and he meant Luton ....

He’s talking about our Prem campaign next season. 
Always planning in advance is ar’ Lee .

11 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

He’s hardly going to be able to see our facilities in London, I thought that was the point in him ‘coming down’?

I can't remember where I got this from but I thought it was to help with strikers finishing/gameplay. Guess he could do that anywhere - well, anywhere with football facilities. Tesco would be a struggle.

1 hour ago, Moulin Rougier said:

I can't remember where I got this from but I thought it was to help with strikers finishing/gameplay. Guess he could do that anywhere - well, anywhere with football facilities. Tesco would be a struggle.

No, the idea behind it was that Ian Wright had advised Eddie Nketiah to join Leeds during the summer, Ian Wright & LJ were on TalkSport or 5Live together & Wright admitted to doing this to LJ as Wright knows very little about other clubs outside the Premier League or the perceived ‘Big Clubs’, so LJ invited Wright down to see our club.

As a side, LJ has mentioned that if he could get him down here, he would try to get him to have a chat with our young strikers.

It’s basically just to get the message out there that we are a club progressing in the right direction & deserve a bit more respect from those pundits within the game as Wright’s decision to advise Nketiah to go to Leeds was purely because Leeds are a ‘Big Club’ & we are still ‘Little Ol’ Bristol City & hopefully if we can change people’s perceptions of us, we could realistically have a chance of signing these potential stars of the future but I guess only time will tell!

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

No, the idea behind it was that Ian Wright had advised Eddie Nketiah to join Leeds during the summer, Ian Wright & LJ were on TalkSport or 5Live together & Wright admitted to doing this to LJ as Wright knows very little about other clubs outside the Premier League or the perceived ‘Big Clubs’, so LJ invited Wright down to see our club.

As a side, LJ has mentioned that if he could get him down here, he would try to get him to have a chat with our young strikers.

It’s basically just to get the message out there that we are a club progressing in the right direction & deserve a bit more respect from those pundits within the game as Wright’s decision to advise Nketiah to go to Leeds was purely because Leeds are a ‘Big Club’ & we are still ‘Little Ol’ Bristol City & hopefully if we can change people’s perceptions of us, we could realistically have a chance of signing these potential stars of the future but I guess only time will tell!

Ah, yes, I remember now. Didn't hear the interview myself but remember reading up on it after - think it was 5Live, Wright is normally on there. He's got a decent voice in the mainstream media, not a bad person to have shouting your corner if you can get it so not a bad idea to get him in!

Archived