IGNORED

Luton Town (a) - Saturday - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

All the hard work done by @jbcfc on twitter again.  Thanks James.

Well worth a read, especially those of you wondering how we might set up and who will start.

Some copy and paste of key bits:

588CFAEF-B4C8-4056-82D9-3626E3623E67.thumb.jpeg.703c9c1124eb4ad4b47c53fb3523be84.jpeg

IN SUMMARY

I’ll summarise what I’ve said above into some bullet points.

When playing in a 4-1-4-1 formation:

Luton often try to create crossing opportunities out wide by creating 3v2 or 3v3 scenarios. They carve out openings for the crossers through quick, one-touch play.

The 3 CMs are very fluid and rotate positions when in possession. Mpanzu sits in front of back four when out of possession.

When playing in a 4-4-2 diamond formation:

The two strikers start off in wide positions and look to make diagonal runs in behind.

The tip of the diamond sits in between the opposition’s midfield and defence, and looks to slide through one of the wide strikers when he receives the ball.

The wide striker on the opposite flank attacks the far post from crossing situations, however the tip of the diamond sits on the edge of the box. Thus meaning there are few bodies waiting in the middle.

In general:

Luton love low crosses from the byline!

They’re great at set pieces, the joint best in the league.

Simon Sluga is in awful form and is very error prone.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

All the hard work done by @jbcfc on twitter again.  Thanks James.

Well worth a read, especially those of you wondering how we might set up and who will start.

Some copy and paste of key bits:

588CFAEF-B4C8-4056-82D9-3626E3623E67.thumb.jpeg.703c9c1124eb4ad4b47c53fb3523be84.jpeg

IN SUMMARY

I’ll summarise what I’ve said above into some bullet points.

When playing in a 4-1-4-1 formation:

Luton often try to create crossing opportunities out wide by creating 3v2 or 3v3 scenarios. They carve out openings for the crossers through quick, one-touch play.

The 3 CMs are very fluid and rotate positions when in possession. Mpanzu sits in front of back four when out of possession.

When playing in a 4-4-2 diamond formation:

The two strikers start off in wide positions and look to make diagonal runs in behind.

The tip of the diamond sits in between the opposition’s midfield and defence, and looks to slide through one of the wide strikers when he receives the ball.

The wide striker on the opposite flank attacks the far post from crossing situations, however the tip of the diamond sits on the edge of the box. Thus meaning there are few bodies waiting in the middle.

In general:

Luton love low crosses from the byline!

They’re great at set pieces, the joint best in the league.

Simon Sluga is in awful form and is very error prone.

Maybe a game to leave out Taylor Moore with all the crosses, Baker and Williams to start, provide that presence and ensure that is not a route through. 

Fancy us to hit a few but maybe the international break has had me feeling that way! 

Archived