IGNORED

Luton beambak - Free to all

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

Luton beamback

Watch the sell-out game at Kenilworth Road from the comfort of a guaranteed seat in the Supporters Bar this Saturday afternoon.

In addition to the main Sports Bar, the match is being shown on the three screens in the Supporters Club & Trust bar, which has seating for 100 people. SC&T members have booked up just over half the seats, but the remaining seats can now be reserved by non-members.

So, if you want to reserve a seat for the beamback, please e-mail beamback@bristolcitysupporters.org to add your name to the list.

There is no charge.

IMG_0720.JPG

• SC&T Board Members
7 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Any safe standing at the back available......

Sadly, no. The capacity of the room from a safety perspective is 100, and we have 100 seats. Mind you, standing "during moments of excitement" is perfectly OK!

17 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Any good today, apart for the result obviously and was their many there ?

Pretty full through all area of the sport bar. 
I’m not usually one to complain about prices, but £5.80 for a pint of Gold (£6 for lager) in the SC&T area was outrageous! (£4.95 with SC discount) 

• SC&T Board Members
2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Pretty full through all area of the sport bar. 
I’m not usually one to complain about prices, but £5.80 for a pint of Gold (£6 for lager) in the SC&T area was outrageous! (£4.95 with SC discount) 

Shocking prices, if that's right.

Was away this weekend, personally. At my second football home in Berlin. €2.80 for 0.5 litres outside the ground. €4 on the terraces. 18.5k standing. 90+ minutes singing. Nobody telling you to sit down. Shame that we lost all that. Real, terrible shame.

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wow.

Just wow.

Really?

53 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Shocking prices, if that's right.

Was away this weekend, personally. At my second football home in Berlin. €2.80 for 0.5 litres outside the ground. €4 on the terraces. 18.5k standing. 90+ minutes singing. Nobody telling you to sit down. Shame that we lost all that. Real, terrible shame.

Yes, I was told it and then got a receipt when I went to get my drink. 
it was less in the main bar area. £5/4.50 with ST discount, but upstairs in the SC&T bar it was £5.80/£4.95 with ST disc. 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

it was less in the main bar area. £5/4.50 with ST discount, but upstairs in the SC&T bar it was £5.80/£4.95 with ST disc. 

At those prices, SCAT looks like an elitist club pricing out of riff-raff*.

*which I know, before someone gets shirty, isn't the case.

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

First time in their yesterday. Lady was very helpful. But as for the price of beers it was scandalous. 6 pound for a awful Heineken in a plastic cup. Group of 8 of us left at half time . Just couldn’t justify paying those prices. I’ve watched some shit football over the years. I can take that . But yesterday was the first time I felt ripped off by the club. No need to charge those prices . Nearly 50 pound for 8 pints 

28 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

First time in their yesterday. Lady was very helpful. But as for the price of beers it was scandalous. 6 pound for a awful Heineken in a plastic cup. Group of 8 of us left at half time . Just couldn’t justify paying those prices. I’ve watched some shit football over the years. I can take that . But yesterday was the first time I felt ripped off by the club. No need to charge those prices . Nearly 50 pound for 8 pints 

Scandalous.

45 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

At those prices, SCAT looks like an elitist club pricing out of riff-raff*.

*which I know, before someone gets shirty, isn't the case.

We don’t have a say in the bar prices. Members are supposed to pay the same as the rest of the concourses/sports bar. I can only assume the till had been moved from hospitality (we don’t have a static till) and it hadn’t been reset to the regular prices. I have raised this several times with the powers that be. I wasn’t there yesterday sorry, to make sure the till was on the right setting. 

15 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

We don’t have a say in the bar prices. Members are supposed to pay the same as the rest of the concourses/sports bar. I can only assume the till had been moved from hospitality (we don’t have a static till) and it hadn’t been reset to the regular prices. I have raised this several times with the powers that be. I wasn’t there yesterday sorry, to make sure the till was on the right setting. 

Shouldn’t it be the same price for everybody regardless what area you are in. Think it’s pretty poor that people are paying £100 to watch the match in hospitality and then we are ripping them off at the bar. 

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Shouldn’t it be the same price for everybody regardless what area you are in. Think it’s pretty poor that people are paying £100 to watch the match in hospitality and then we are ripping them off at the bar. 

I know hospitality is expensive but??

Was thinking of doing it with some mates, at those prices though, any time soon- no ******* way!

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I know hospitality is expensive but??

Was thinking of doing it with some mates, at those prices though, any time soon- no ******* way!

Depends on the match some are £60  and vat (72)

Others are £85 and vat (102)

Been a couple of times birthday and Xmas presents. Think it’s worth the money for food is very good but think it’s wrong if it’s correct we charge more for drinks here than in concourses. 

2 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Depends on the match some are £60  and vat (72)

Others are £85 and vat (102)

Been a couple of times birthday and Xmas presents. Think it’s worth the money for food is very good but think it’s wrong if it’s correct we charge more for drinks here than in concourses. 

Okay thanks for the clarification, maybe I'll reconsider a bit then.

Agree it's wrong if we charge more for drinks in there than the concourses though but seemingly especially in the SCAT? At least it sounded like this was the case yesterday.

6 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I hope we're going to stop doing any more beambacks. I can't recall every one, but there seems to be a distinct co-relation between us getting beaten by more than one goal margin (which rarely happens under LJ) and the game being beamed back. 

Yep, that’s the reason...... Because a thousand or so fans who can’t get tickets for the game, the reason we lose is because these supporters are ‘back home’ watching it.?

49 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I hope we're going to stop doing any more beambacks. I can't recall every one, but there seems to be a distinct co-relation between us getting beaten by more than one goal margin (which rarely happens under LJ) and the game being beamed back. 

Didn't we beat Swansea away with a beamback last season?

Don't recall but was there one for Brentford away last season? Eliasson last minute albeit vs 10 men for good periods of the 2nd half.

IF there was for the latter, then that'd be 2 notable wins, the latter our first there in some while.

Archived