IGNORED

This Could Be Our Year...

mozo

...according the the Totally Football League Show podcast panel.

Why? Because there don't seem to be any runaway leaders this season.

They think the likes of us and Preston have a real opportunity to compete at the top end.

Personally, I think West Brom, Fulham and Leeds could still pull away and leave the rest in their wake (Forest? Not so sure).

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

They think the likes of us and Preston have a real opportunity to compete at the top end.

Personally, I think West Brom, Fulham and Leeds could still pull away and leave the rest in their wake (Forest? Not so sure).

I haven't listened to this weeks episode but the coverage of the Football League on this podcast is as good as it gets. The pundits tend to be a lot more knowledgeable than the commentators on Sky Sports who regurgitate the same facts about each player and club every time they're on air. 

We all know that The Championship is a long haul and with less than a quarter gone this season how anyone can predict the final teams is not much more than a wild guess - nothing is won in October - unless you’re a Swindon Town fan.....

However....I’m sure that other City fans share my optimism for the rest of the Championship games. LJ has overseen an impressive summer in terms of signings and despite an injury list that includes three of the new signings City are unbeaten in 10 and sitting in the top six with 35 games to go.

With injured players gradually returning they’re going to have a tough time getting back into the starting 11.

14 minutes ago, mozo said:

Which means there are more teams in with a shout. You could probably make a good case for about 12 teams to finish top 6.

Having been soooooooooooo lucky to have witnessed promotion to the First Division as an 8 year old, and the vanquishing of giants in the four seasons that followed, I'd love to get back there.

We've got a terrific stadium, superb fans, a bright young coach and hungry players with great hair.

Tis the season to be jolly.

33 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Having been soooooooooooo lucky to have witnessed promotion to the First Division as an 8 year old, and the vanquishing of giants in the four seasons that followed, I'd love to get back there.

Witnessed those 4 seasons but I can't summon up any enthusiasm for the modern day top league, although, of course as a Championship club getting there has to be our aim.

The act of getting promoted would be exciting, memorable, great fun, and cause for a huge piss up in Bristol - the following season, when reality hits, not so much imo., but perhaps worth the likely hammerings for the sake of what must now be the majority of City fans who will have never witnessed top flight football at Ashton Gate.

It's a pity the PL is so unbalanced, money driven and a bit shit these days  - I very rarely watch it anymore - but there we are, it is what it is, as they say.

I'm more optimistic than I've ever been that we've got a genuine chance of going up this season -  it appears a relatively weak league and it looks to me we're as good as the majority of teams and better than most, but  we'll have to do it in style in one of the automatic places - I've long ago accepted that getting to the play offs seems destined to end in disappointment for City.

Most of all it's pleasing the club has developed to the extent we are a competitive Championship club who can genuinely entertain thoughts of promotion - but, it has to be said, City being a truly competitive Championship club is perhaps where the club is best suited, and the most enjoyable position to be in as a fan, so a real conundrum.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Experimental361 shows just how tight it is. Mathematically any of the current top 9 could be top after this weekend. He reckons we're most likely not moving much.

Screenshot_20191018-062720.png

I bloody hate those graphs. Towards the end of each season he has produced a graph which shows the probability of each team ending in the play-offs. Each year we have a probability of 70-80% in February and then plummet. I'm going full Sean O'Driscoll and not looking at the table at all.

9 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Witnessed those 4 seasons but I can't summon up any enthusiasm for the modern day top league, although, of course as a Championship club getting there has to be our aim.

The act of getting promoted would be exciting, memorable, great fun, and cause for a huge piss up in Bristol - the following season, when reality hits, not so much imo., but perhaps worth the likely hammerings for the sake of what must now be the majority of City fans who will have never witnessed top flight football at Ashton Gate.

It's a pity the PL is so unbalanced, money driven and a bit shit these days  - I very rarely watch it anymore - but there we are, it is what it is, as they say.

I'm more optimistic than I've ever been that we've got a genuine chance of going up this season -  it appears a relatively weak league and it looks to me we're as good as the majority of teams and better than most, but  we'll have to do it in style in one of the automatic places - I've long ago accepted that getting to the play offs seems destined to end in disappointment for City.

Most of all it's pleasing the club has developed to the extent we are a competitive Championship club who can genuinely entertain thoughts of promotion - but, it has to be said, City being a truly competitive Championship club is perhaps where the club is best suited, and the most enjoyable position to be in as a fan, so a real conundrum.

The actual thrill of getting there is probably more of a buzz than actually playing in the Prem

we are at a point where we are pretty competitive in this division and one of the better placed clubs to succeed and challenge at the top of the league

Different gravy in the Prem where we are likely to struggle

I was 10 when we got promoted in 76 and enjoyed the 4 seasons we played in the old first division and would love to see us up there again before I leave this world 

16 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The actual thrill of getting there is probably more of a buzz than actually playing in the Prem

we are at a point where we are pretty competitive in this division and one of the better placed clubs to succeed and challenge at the top of the league

I was 10 when we got promoted in 76 and enjoyed the 4 seasons we played in the old first division and would love to see us up there again before I leave this world 

Why would we struggle ? 

We have a good backbone of young talented players , some already have Prem experience and we would add some quality to that .

Not all clubs that go up struggle to adjust , Wolves , Sheff Utd to name but two .

20 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Where are you off to ? 

Archived