IGNORED

Ashton Named Championship CEO of the Year

elhombrecito

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He’s done an incredible job 

An incredible job? Blimey.

We are not used to people, handsomely paid, doing the jobs they are hired to do at this club (not that MA has yet delivered the promotion to the PL he was surely brought back here to oversee). We are surprised, and delighted, where we see mere competence. We have come to expect waste, incompetence, mediocrity. A shambles. Anything much more and we are delirious.

Bloke does job he is paid to do (at Bristol City): incredible!

12 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

We are not used to people, handsomely paid, doing the jobs they are hired to do at this club (not that MA has yet delivered the promotion to the PL he was surely brought back here to oversee). We are surprised, and delighted, where we see mere competence. We have come to expect waste, incompetence, mediocrity. A shambles. Anything much more and we are delirious.

Couldn't you say the same about Messi? Does a job he is paid to do?

Ashton is performing better than pretty much anyone else could in that role. We have a top top CEO. He's actually performed miracles in recent windows.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Couldn't you say the same about Messi? Does a job he is paid to do?

Ashton is performing better than pretty much anyone else could in that role. We have a top top CEO. He's actually performed miracles in recent windows.

Not just with the transfers!

£5.00 a pint - and people still drink there before the game! 

The bloke has some mad skills.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

As far as I'm concerned they might as well keep raising that price as I don't drink!

19 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I don’t get this outlook on it. I am sure Stoke and huddersfield have guys in a similar position with more money at their disposal and look where they are. You can do a good job at the job you do. 

MA and LJ have done incredible jobs at Bristol City. We are far too negative thinking not being promoted means not doing enough. The club is so much better than it was 5 years ago and the difference in that 5 years is what makes it a good job.

We are in the mix for promotion for the third straight season which is as good as it gets I feel. Have to remember there are at least 18 clubs or more every season that feel promotion is possible. No other league is like that. So considering there are always 5-6 clubs with parachute payments and roughly 8-10 that draw bigger average crowds, we are doing so well. 

30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not sure that’s part of his remit?

That’ll be someone at Ashton Gate Ltd or Bristol Sport Ltd won’t it?

34 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

As far as I'm concerned they might as well keep raising that price as I don't drink!

The more the prices increase, the more you save Jon!

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure that’s part of his remit?

That’ll be someone at Ashton Gate Ltd or Bristol Sport Ltd won’t it?

I was being facetious.

The fella seems to be doing a good job and we are lucky to have him, although the sight of him trying to park a Bentley 4x4 whilst sporting garb that made him look like an extra from Peaky Blinders last season would have had me marking him down on his annual appraisal.

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ridiculous assessment. The fees he’s negotiated for outgoing players has been nothing short of astonishing.

I’d say he’s looking at ‘competent’ in the rear view mirror and doing an outstanding job. 

Couldn't give 2  ??'s. CEO' s in football is just sad as heck.

And lets be honest we have a chairman who is in the top 1000 richest people in the world, not too hard to create momentum and minimal success with that backing. Only got look at his previous work, didnt do all to well clubs who were cash restrictive

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

No doubt some magazine will name Donald Trump 'Man of the Year'

Cant argue there. about as as pathetic as obama winning nobel peace prize

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Couldn't give 2  ??'s. CEO' s in football is just sad as heck.

And lets be honest we have a chairman who is in the top 1000 richest people in the world, not too hard to create momentum and minimal success with that backing. Only got look at his previous work, didnt do all to well clubs who were cash restrictive

Cant argue there. about as as pathetic as obama winning nobel peace prize

I'm not really sure you understand how a football club is run in the modern era and how competitive the Championship is. Regarding the backing of our Chairman, we can only spend within the constraints of Financial Fair Play if you've heard of that? We're one of the best run clubs in the Championship however painful that is for some Ashton/Lansdown/Johnson bashing fans to swallow.

If we didn't have a competent CEO and didn't try to make the club a commercial success we would be in League Two. The game has moved changed significantly off the field and a lot quicker than some old school fans can handle. Football might not be the same game as it was in the 70s or the 80s but that isn't Mark Ashton or Steve Lansdown's fault. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Congratulations to the team behind the scenes, great recognition. 

I only recognise Mark Kelly and Lisa Knights from the photo below but am sure its a great team effort 

whatsapp-image-2019-11-28-at-230615.jpeg.jpg

Mark there.... proudly showing off his over-sized can of Red Bull....

Whilst a lot of these awards might seem pointless, it raises the profile of our off-pitch activities amongst a peer group and potential customers.

Congrats to all.

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Congratulations to the team behind the scenes, great recognition. 

I only recognise Mark Kelly and Lisa Knights from the photo below but am sure its a great team effort 

whatsapp-image-2019-11-28-at-230615.jpeg.jpg

The lady holding the Winner card and the young brunette alongside here are certainly ones to catch your eye

Sadly probably never around the ground on a rugby or football match day

Archived