IGNORED

City shareholding update (Merged)

phantom

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If you already own 98% of a company then it makes zero difference so your theory sucks!

Don't be obtuse.

All shareholders would have to sign off - by doing this, it simply means only the 2 Lansdowns need sign any purchase agreement, rather than chasing down another 45 people who are holding shares.

They can't stop a sale but it just tidies up the process.

Simple housekeeping.

I thought an ITK like yourself would be happy this process is beginning.

11 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Heard nothing about this, given the size of BS, one would assume there would be plenty of reporting of this, were it to be true,

It was agreed many moons ago,that when the 'club' - (read Bristol Sport Group) were in a certain position, expressions of interest would be discretely sought.

Thats why you aren't and won't be hearing about it - not until the whole shebang is finalised.

This is just the beginning of a process that was concieved quite some time ago.

There is no need to worry, due diligence will be done to ensure the continuing success of Bristol Sport - as a business.

SL was always going to want his money back (+ profit) - or did you think he was simply altruistic to the point of insanity?

1 hour ago, SX227 said:

It was agreed many moons ago,that when the 'club' - (read Bristol Sport Group) were in a certain position, expressions of interest would be discretely sought.

Thats why you aren't and won't be hearing about it - not until the whole shebang is finalised.

This is just the beginning of a process that was concieved quite some time ago.

There is no need to worry, due diligence will be done to ensure the continuing success of Bristol Sport - as a business.

SL was always going to want his money back (+ profit) - or did you think he was simply altruistic to the point of insanity?

You should talk to Peter Hargreaves ?

Anything English, whatever it is will. be massively interesting for the future though when the Asian tourists got enough money for not just touristing.

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It used to be that if you wanted to buy some you registered with Burgess Salmon and when an existing shareholder wanted to sell then they contacted the first one on the list.

So if you want to buy off someone direct I'm sure that you still can but make it conditional upon the shares being registered in your name.

As noted above the offer is a straight money back offer and, given that since those shares were purchased the club has racked up debt and new share issuances have severely diluted those holdings, it is a very fair offer. They're not trying to take anyone for a ride.

That doesn't mean I'm necessarily taking it as I bought for sentimental rather than financial reasons.

So do I still contact Burgess Salmon or someone else??

i would really like to buy some. 

anyone want to sell some??

18 hours ago, phantom said:

To me if people were keeping shares for sentimental reasons surely they'll want to keep them for that very reason? 

The money isn't really relevant 

I'm not sure having yet another "wall" with names on is the answer? 

My situation exactly. I inherited mine. I have no desire, nor sadly capital, to own more than the 0.04% of the club I own, but it keeps me even more anchored to it and to the memory of my late father who gave the shares to me.

Steve can run BCFC as he sees fit. He put the big bucks in.

3 hours ago, SX227 said:

Don't be obtuse.

All shareholders would have to sign off - by doing this, it simply means only the 2 Lansdowns need sign any purchase agreement, rather than chasing down another 45 people who are holding shares.

They can't stop a sale but it just tidies up the process.

Simple housekeeping.

I thought an ITK like yourself would be happy this process is beginning.

I don't think that is quite right.  The minority shareholders don't need to sign anything, it just delays the transaction by a certain number of days to give them the opportunity to do so.

It also puts the transaction in the public domain.

At least, that is how I remember it.

44 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I don't think that is quite right.  The minority shareholders don't need to sign anything, it just delays the transaction by a certain number of days to give them the opportunity to do so.

It also puts the transaction in the public domain.

At least, that is how I remember it.

My point exactly

5 hours ago, Wilksi said:

So do I still contact Burgess Salmon or someone else??

i would really like to buy some. 

anyone want to sell some??

Ask on here.

SL is offering £1 a share; if you offer £2 then people sell to you instead.

You can transfer shares between individuals with some forms off the internet.  I am being slightly vague as the last time I did it was transferring some Fullers' shares I owned to a mate as a present for my godson; so you can certainly do direct transfers between individuals without using a broker or solicitor but this was years ago so I forget how I did it.

13 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Ask on here.

You can transfer shares between individuals with some forms off the internet.  I am being slightly vague as the last time I did it was transferring some Fullers' shares I owned to a mate as a present for my godson; so you can certainly do direct transfers between individuals without using a broker or solicitor but this was years ago so I forget how I did it.

As has been said above, in a private company the articles often allow the company to not authorise the sale.

On 19/10/2019 at 19:35, Eddie Hitler said:

Ask on here.

I would like to buy some shares. Happy to offer £2 per share. 

On 19/10/2019 at 12:17, Davefevs said:

That reminds me of an old Emo Phillips joke.

”my new girlfriend wanted me to meet her parents....

....so we had a seance” ?

I used to love Emo. Remember the one about the imaginary friend he had has a child? I think he was what you called left of left of field.

I feel a youtube search coming on ...

Pity they didn’t offer some additional incentive over another ‘brick in the wall’ or whatever.

Don’t want to sound churlish, but a tour of The Gate, invitation to the unveiling of the name board would have been something. No cost to the Club, just an acknowledgement that you exist in person,  a recognition you went the extra mile in the Club’s darkest days and are still seen as part of the ‘family’. A pre-match invite to a hall in the inner sanctum of the Lansdown Stand where Steve could have spent just a couple of minutes just to say thanks and this is the future direction of travel of the Club would have been good. 

Clearly, a two-way thing, as supporters, it would have been an opportunity to express our gratitude to Steve and his family for their input and the £millions he’s ploughed into the Club. 

Never even saw the board (now destroyed?) in The William’s Stand!

It’s far from the money for me, it’s the fact that I’m part of the Club. The likelihood is I will sell and give the money to  the Foundation but it all just seems a bit like a continuing story of ‘business’ rather than ‘community’ when a combination of the two would build stronger relations. 

The Club feels increasingly ‘remote’ at the moment, time to re-engage with the loyal fan base on a more personal level. Bit disappointed. 

The 2018 Full Listing of Shareholders is online, if anyone wants to check their "holding" …. warning it is a 225 page pdf.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

Then Click the Filter for Confirmation Statements/Annual Returns

On 21/10/2019 at 09:59, Eddie Hitler said:

I'm primarily bumping this to highlight it Wilksi but maybe saying how many you're looking to acquire would garner a better response: ten, a hundred, a thousand?

Don’t mind buying 100 or 200 

It was the best of times and the worst of times. I bought my shares pre Lansdown when the team was bottom of the 4th and going out of business. There weren’t very many of us and the money raised was neglible. I have today sold them back for the £120 I paid for them. I’m sure Mr Lansdown will take care of them but it is a wrench to let them go for sentimental reasons. Football is changing but the role of fans is as well with less apparent say in the running of ‘our’ club.

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I had the letter, but ,after 37 years and a couple of moves.....buggered if I know where they are !

I'm the opposite, I have the shares certificate but since I moved some 14 years ago the letter hasn't arrived. 

Nobody has written to me about my shares, probably because they don’t know where I live. I’m not telling them, or selling, as I have a cunning plan.  Maybe, at some point in the future, there will be a change in the law and SL will need the agreement of all shareholders to make a major change. By then I will be the only shareholder other than SL and he will have to pay me thousands to buy me out. I’m basing my long term retirement plans on this. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Nobody has written to me about my shares, probably because they don’t know where I live. I’m not telling them, or selling, as I have a cunning plan.  Maybe, at some point in the future, there will be a change in the law and SL will need the agreement of all shareholders to make a major change. By then I will be the only shareholder other than SL and he will have to pay me thousands to buy me out. I’m basing my long term retirement plans on this. 

Then again he might cop it and you will then have to finance all the deals in progress.

Archived