IGNORED

Luton Town v Bristol City Match Day 12

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Be interesting to see the team sheet today... hoping Nagy is back and Massengo plays too as together they could really dominant in midfield, also like to see Eliasson start in a 4-4-2. Expect Rodri will be on the bench...

So you would drop our captain, Brownhill? 

IIRC Mick was captain in the Fulham game in 1982 which has been mentioned  on here quite a bit this week following the death of Jon Economou (who along with Rob Newman and Wayne Bray made his debut in that game).  Along with Jan Moller, John Shaw (both GKs so Moller played that day) and Terry Boyle he was one of only 4 "senior" players left at the club after the A8 departed.  He had to leave soon after for the reasons stated above, and I think TB then took up the captaincy.  I remember seeing him score the equaliser at Newport the week before, in what could have been the City's last ever game.  Basically he was a decent player playing in a poor team with a club in very serious trouble.

City v Luton: Bentley, Hunt, Williams, Moore, Baker, Rowe, Massengo, Brownhill, Palmer, Weimann, Diédhiou. Subs: Mäenpää, Pereira, Wright, O’Dowda, Eliasson, Watkins, Semenyo.

However you write it out on the teamsheet that looks like 5-2-3 to me, with Massengo+Brownhill as the two midfielders and Palmer+Weimann+Diédhiou as the three forwards. We are exciting going forward but, for me, not enough grip in midfield. 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Does anybody remember going to Kenilworth rd in 1973 when we won 1-3, it was the first time I saw Don Gillies play (might have been his debut) and he scored a cracker from just outside the box

It certainly wasn't his debut.............he went umpteen games before notching one, so much so that most people wondered what the hell we bought !

13 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

City v Luton: Bentley, Hunt, Williams, Moore, Baker, Rowe, Massengo, Brownhill, Palmer, Weimann, Diédhiou. Subs: Mäenpää, Pereira, Wright, O’Dowda, Eliasson, Watkins, Semenyo.

However you write it out on the teamsheet that looks like 5-2-3 to me, with Massengo+Brownhill as the two midfielders and Palmer+Weimann+Diédhiou as the three forwards. We are exciting going forward but, for me, not enough grip in midfield. 

No Nagy :crying:

Archived