IGNORED

Luton Town v Bristol City Match Day 12

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Still don't quite get the whole Tommy Rowe thing. Just about good enough defensively with a stopper next to him in Baker. Going forward he barely does a thing. Can someone explain to me why he's so good?

I think the consensus view is more that he’s a solid signing who’s already chipped in with a few assists and a couple of goals...rather than being “so good”.

Still don't quite get the whole Tommy Rowe thing. Just about good enough defensively with a stopper next to him in Baker. Going forward he barely does a thing. Can someone explain to me why he's so good?

Central midfielder filling in a left back and doing a reasonable job, with no one else around to do it. Yep not the most forward thiniking, and will lose his place when Dasilva comes back, but a useful club in the bag to coin a Johnson Snr reference

Quite a few others to look at today before you look at TR.  "just about good enough" is v.harsh....has he let us down this season?  Nope.

Won his battles, been solid enough defensively.  We haven't kept the ball well enough / long enough to get him forward today...

....but who was it who almost put us 1-0 up from 20 yards early on?  Midfield haven't functioned today.

Sometimes you might have to accept you have blinkers on re TR.  Is he the most exciting LB/LWB we've ever had?  Nope, but he has been the epitome of consistency this season, in an unfamiliar position.

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

What can be explained is he is “doing a job” at Left Back in the absence of Dasilva.

2 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Draw good for us ht. Open game and I think we will make changes early second half. Palmer good player but to nonchalant in the middle, dangerous, wonderboy really good player. Famara shows he can deliver passes. Lets win this! COYR!!!

Yes, he doesn't have ANY chalant whatsoever :D

Archived