IGNORED

Luton Town v Bristol City Match Day 12

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Watched Blackburn v Huddersfield earlier, commentator said Huddersfield have 9 first team players out injured and they managed a draw 2 - 2 after being 1 - 0 down 2 - 1 down.

We’ve had players out injured all season and lost our second game today and have a lot more points than Huddersfield . What point are you making?

1 hour ago, Boston Red said:

Johnson can't organise a proper 11 and is too clever by half with his brain-scrambling substitutions. Then, when it goes wrong, he tinkers with his own mess to add to the confusion. Add in a tombola team selection for the next match, and round we go again!!!

Do you mean the Johnson who has lost two games in 12 fixtures?    :dunno:

An away defeat at a notoriously difficult Kenilworth Rd and you decide to slag off a professional coach who clearly doesn’t have your astute awareness of how to go about things...............:cool2:

Poor in every department. This has been coming. 16 goals conceded in 12 games and only 2 shots on target today. Toothless up front. Overplaying in possession and not direct when we need to be. Lose possession too easily as well. Need 6 points from the 2 home games and the injured players back. 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

We were poor. Not so much as a bad day at the office as we forgot it was a working day and stayed in bed. Other than the first five minutes, just conceded midfield. 

Which to be fair has happened a fair few times in recent years. When a team gets at us...we really struggle. 

Palmer is to lazy for me. Great player on his day but his day are few and far between....needs to do a lot more 

Brownhill ... good player but not the midfield general / leader you need in games like this. Doesn’t impose himself enough 

Midfield totally outclassed  today ! What a player that Izzy Brown is.  Brownhill looked off his game, Palmer was a luxury and poor Massengo was on his own with to much to do. Their midfield just ran through us time and time again.  Rodri did more in 25 mins to worry their keeper than Fammy did in the first 65 mins, I'm not a Fammy hater at all but he doesn't create anything unless Ellison is putting crosses over for him.  Roll on Weds night and Charlton which will be another tough game .

9 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

The championship in a nutshell today, anyone can win

Such a frustrating statement/excuse.

We've been in the Championship for a number of years, have a much, much bigger budget than Luton etc etc. 

The division we are in is no excuse for our performance on the day. Today was simply about us and them. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Do you mean the Johnson who has lost two games in 12 fixtures?    :dunno:

An away defeat at a notoriously difficult Kenilworth Rd and you decide to slag off a professional coach who clearly doesn’t have your astute awareness of how to go about thing...............:cool2:

Football cliche #589 deployed - and it's not even the Head Coach talking.

It hasn't proved that difficult for other teams who've visited this season.

I think today has proved that the idea that we have strength in depth is bogus. 

We can see that the injuries are really hurting us - no pun intended - and we don't have a MF that can break up attacks.

Rodri was clearly the most dangerous forward, so he must start on Wednesday.

Football cliche #751 now from me: We go again.

8 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

Poor in every department. This has been coming. 16 goals conceded in 12 games and only 2 shots on target today. Toothless up front. Overplaying in possession and not direct when we need to be. Lose possession too easily as well. Need 6 points from the 2 home games and the injured players back. 

Worst area was attack. We worked our way to the final third so often, only for Palmer to mis-pass or others to mess up.

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Such a frustrating statement/excuse.

We've been in the Championship for a number of years, have a much, much bigger budget than Luton etc etc. 

The division we are in is no excuse for our performance on the day. Today was simply about us and them. 

Yeah get it, but it’s football. Any team, especially a team like city can have an off day...anyone who’s played the game will know that. Over 12 games we’ve played ok and got a decent run of results...were still right in the mix . It’s disappointing I’m ****ed off but it happens

15 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The international break curse strikes once again.

I didn't expect us to win today, Luton away has always seemed a bogey ground for us but to lose in that manner is absolutely pathetic.

I didn't expect a win but Luton isn't a bogey ground for us, we have done well there in the past. 

Well, your always going to lose games, accept that, but seems LJ got it a bit wrong today.  I agree with other posters that the last three games we have not been that good.  Brentford away, dead lucky to get a point.  Reading home 3 points perhaps fortunate at best.  Today 0 points and rightly so.

Need a few of the 'regulars' back. Kalas soon please.   Nagy.  whooooooo ! what's up date on him then. Only seen him once ! 

19 minutes ago, Nibor said:

We're always shite after an international break. 

15 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The international break curse strikes once again.

16 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

International break syndrome again.

Surely people are aware we won away at premier league bound Sheff Utd 2-3 (with a marvellous Weimann hatrick) directly after a recent international break ...?

Archived