IGNORED

Yeovil Game abandoned.

Red

Trying to phrase this delicately, obviously racism has no place in football and its horrendous that its happened, but just comparing it to the england game where it was stopped twice and carried on following fifas guidelines. Did the Yeovil game stop once? I imagine it's likely that Yeovil's opponents will go through as it was Yeovil's fans, but given Yeovil were about to take a penalty and could make it even with a quarter of the game to go. 

It feels horrible to even type out the notion it could be thought of but does this set a precedant that a club could walk off claiming rasict abuse in a game they're winning to be awarded a win? 

Edit - Must have misread something just seen they scored their pen and it put them 1-0 up, so at least the 2nd part can be disregarded in this part

15 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

Ashamed of the stuff a large portion of the city fans were chanting today mind! Absolutely disgusting, not in my club!!

Disgusting behaviour from a large portion of the City fans today. Made me embarrassed to be a football fan and there is absolutely no place for it in football

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Sky going with the racist abuse of the Haringey GK and also saying missiles thrown on the pitch and a player was allegedly spat at.

We`ll have to wait and see what shakes out of it I guess.

Agreed.

Very easy at this point in time to rush to an incorrect conclusion. 

I would be interested to hear some evidence from those there.

24 minutes ago, Punkymatt said:

S**t that is awful. ANY fan supportive of Tommy Robinson needs to be shown the door. 

Agreed. Tommy Robinson and his cronies contribute the sum total of **** all to society. 

He might belong in the 1930s (like Trump et Al) but he certainly has no place today. 

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Last thing Yeovil can afford is a big fine.

Hope they identify the culprits and its the last time they attend a football match. Ever.

And neither should they be fined. 

If I shout racist abuse in Tescos, would/should they be fined? 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Last thing Yeovil can afford is a big fine.

Hope they identify the culprits and its the last time they attend a football match. Ever.

Not quite sure what fining a club would do, unless they have failed to act on previous incidents and not banned the offenders.  Other than that, how is any club supposed to stop an individual or a group of individuals shouting out anything at a game, they are powerless to act before, only after the event.

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

BT reporter at the game spoke to the keeper who confirmed racist chanting. 

There you are then.

7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Have any Yeovil fans that were there come out and confirmed they heard racist abuse?

No, but the goalie said it definitely happened.

25 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

Unless you’re arguing that they were chanting it in a positive way then yes it is?

I'm on the fence. I don't necessarily think it is a racist chant and would like a conversation to establish if it is of not.

I wasn't there today, so I don't know in what context these chants were sung so I'm going to just concentrate on the chant rather than it being chanted today.

The question is, is singing a chant that a town is full of Asians racist or not? Or is it something else like Xenophobic etc? 

Archived