IGNORED

One shot on target after 87 minutes

Meh

Pitiful.

I was following results on bet365 and listening to radio Bristol today.

After 51 minutes we had 1 shot on target and 7 off target. This remained the same until the 87th minute when we had a couple of shots off target in the 88th minute.

I turned off the phone and the radio at this stage so not sure where the stats ended up but the point is the period we should have been throwing the kitchen sink we did not actually manage a shot.

I’m no football manager but at a guess I reckon we need to fix that ?

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Pitiful.

I was following results on bet365 and listening to radio Bristol today.

After 51 minutes we had 1 shot on target and 7 off target. This remained the same until the 87th minute when we had a couple of shots off target in the 88th minute.

I turned off the phone and the radio at this stage so not sure where the stats ended up but the point is the period we should have been throwing the kitchen sink we did not actually manage a shot.

I’m no football manager but at a guess I reckon we need to fix that ?

Was that the period in which we hit the post and had a goal questionably disallowed..?

To me it looked like we were simply not up for it.

We were losing the battles in every area, second to the loose ball, coming off second best in midfield challenges and creating little up front.

You also have to question a defence that conceded 3 goals against what is effectively a L1 team.

Embarassing that we lost, but even more embarassing to see the lack of fight, desire and movement.  Fortunately a good kick up the backside is all that is needed before a tricky fixture in midweek.

A game I thought we would win but without trying it was never going to be. It was like we expected 3 points to drop in our laps. We need to go at teams like our survival depended upon it regardless of our current league position.

It was a game we, as fans thought we would win considering Luton have just come up and are towards the bottom of the table. If we thought it then I half expect the players thought it too. Too lose without the ball. Out battled all over the pitch.

This is the negative side of the international break. We certainly missed Nagy and Korey and the organisational skills of Bailey Wright.

I think LJ was very frustrated with Palmer and the on going problem with Diedhiou. Noticably he's been very vocal in his disappointment with the forward line on a few occasions recently. He's right to be demanding more consistency from players especially if we want to get to the next level. To get to that level you need that mental toughness to take on every type of opponent and impose your game plan.

Sadly we're not at that level yet.

17 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

To me it looked like we were simply not up for it.

We were losing the battles in every area, second to the loose ball, coming off second best in midfield challenges and creating little up front.

You also have to question a defence that conceded 3 goals against what is effectively a L1 team.

Embarassing that we lost, but even more embarassing to see the lack of fight, desire and movement.  Fortunately a good kick up the backside is all that is needed before a tricky fixture in midweek.

You say a League 1 team which outplayed and outfought your team second half 

Does not say much for you lot being top 6 then 

22 hours ago, Swede said:

It was a game we, as fans thought we would win considering Luton have just come up and are towards the bottom of the table. If we thought it then I half expect the players thought it too. Too lose without the ball. Out battled all over the pitch.

This is the negative side of the international break. We certainly missed Nagy and Korey and the organisational skills of Bailey Wright.

I think LJ was very frustrated with Palmer and the on going problem with Diedhiou. Noticably he's been very vocal in his disappointment with the forward line on a few occasions recently. He's right to be demanding more consistency from players especially if we want to get to the next level. To get to that level you need that mental toughness to take on every type of opponent and impose your game plan.

Add in Weimann hitting his attempted lob high and wide and his pathetic, and hence easily cut-out, pull back after Rowe's shot had been parried. Second half Weimann might as well have not been on the pitch. 

22 hours ago, Swede said:

Whenever we have a beamback game we lose, no other option

As usual on otib yet another over reaction to the first loss since the first match of the season..........

Sure, it was a very disappointing performance and result but LJ highlighted post match why he thought that was - spot on analysis imv.

Good news is that LJ and his assistants have three days to  work on the deficiencies ready for another tough game at AG on Wednesday eve and I’m really looking forward to the game especially as it’s under floodlights.

As one of the longest serving members on otib I can confidently predict that should City lose that game this place will go into meltdown..............:facepalm:

Math Withers (I think thats correct?)  a reporter on the Bristol Post, made what I thought was an interesting observation on LJ's tactics.  We played Famara up front with no wingers, then withdrew him, and brought on wingers?  Considering that FD is our primary aerial threat, it seems a strange way to go about things?   Everyone seems to laud LJ's tactical acumen, but i am yet to be convinced if he knows his best formation?  Injuries have obviously been an issue, but he definitely needs to be more astute with his team selection, and substitutions?  I would  also like to ask LJ, why  Moore, who was  our best player on the day,  was withdrawn?  Wednesday is a big game, and we need to perform.   LJ  has to pick the right team and formation, and prove that he is up to the task!!

Archived