IGNORED

Weakness finally realised

La Plage

3 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

No, that’s Peter Marinovic or whatever his name is...

That’s true actually, that was worse!

15 hours ago, La Plage said:

Well I’m still remembering Certain Man U and Blackpool people having worse than that or have you only been around the last 10 years ..... again, sorry for having an opinion COYRs

Eh? Anyone?

It was a game of individual errors and giving the ball away in critical areas. You can have one or 2 with an off day, but not north of 5. Hopefully a blip. Sheff Utd had lost 4 by this time last season, including a 3 nil loss to Boro. There's plenty of time and we will have a much stronger squad soon. Cliche, but just "one of those days".

Whilst we haven't been particularly good over the last 6 weeks. The makeshift team have been able to somehow grind out results; whether through luck or playing above expectations.

Ultimately it was always going to catch up with us at some stage. Massengo needs a break, but who do we have to replace him with? Other players are being flogged minutes wise; but we have been down to bare bones for a while in certain positions.

Let's see how the Charlton, and Wigan games before jumping to any conclusions. Any team would have struggled to overcome our injury list. We will improve when the injured players come back; and hopefully improve up top in Jan.

Until then, unfortunately There will be days like yesterday as we go through a bit of a rollercoaster first half of the season.

To be fair, I thought we were nothing more than a top half team this season. So to be 9th is a pleasant surprise. 

Certainly beats being in the bottom 3?

16 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Whilst we haven't been particularly good over the last 6 weeks. The makeshift team have been able to somehow grind out results; whether through luck or playing above expectations.

Ultimately it was always going to catch up with us at some stage. Massengo needs a break, but who do we have to replace him with? Other players are being flogged minutes wise; but we have been down to bare bones for a while in certain positions.

Let's see how the Charlton, and Wigan games before jumping to any conclusions. Any team would have struggled to overcome our injury list. We will improve when the injured players come back; and hopefully improve up top in Jan.

Until then, unfortunately There will be days like yesterday as we go through a bit of a rollercoaster first half of the season.

To be fair, I thought we were nothing more than a top half team this season. So to be 9th is a pleasant surprise. 

I must confess I had hopes and some expectation of top six until we had all the injuries - it seemed like one step forward and two steps back with every new bit of news coming out of the club - but would be happy with being comfortably top half now.

I`m hoping to be pleasantly surprised though and we somehow overcome the adversity and get to the playoffs but I think it may be beyond us this season.

29 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Totally agree...9th but only 1 win off 2nd place. Plus other teams losing when expecting to win.

I just look forward to the day when we can play this team again and they are 100%

______________Bentley______________

Hunt____Kalas______Moore____DaSilva

______________Nagy________________

_______Brownhill_____HNM__________

______________Palmer______________

________Striker___Better Striker______

?

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

Totally agree...9th but only 1 win off 2nd place. Plus other teams losing when expecting to win.

I just look forward to the day when we can play this team again and they are 100%

?

For me the jury is still out on Palmer. But I guess that's because he's always going to be one of those players that is inconsistent.

As for the rb position. I think Pereira was good against Reading, and certainly deserves more game time. However the flip side is he's caused Hunt to up his game, to stay in the side.

Not sure of playing Nagy and HNM in the same side or even as a three. We will get overloaded and the fbs exposed.

At home I would always play Eliason as he by far and away out most creative player. However where does that leave Palmer?

Otherwise loving your team @spudski ?

11 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

For me the jury is still out on Palmer. But I guess that's because he's always going to be one of those players that is inconsistent.

As for the rb position. I think Pereira was good against Reading, and certainly deserves more game time. However the flip side is he's caused Hunt to up his game, to stay in the side.

Not sure of playing Nagy and HNM in the same side or even as a three. We will get overloaded and the fbs exposed.

At home I would always play Eliason as he by far and away out most creative player. However where does that leave Palmer?

Otherwise loving your team @spudski ?

Palmer is in the same bracket as Tomlin and JET for me. Can be awesome...but needs players around him that can cover what he lacks. To be top 6 Palmer needs to be on his 'A' game consistently. Plus he needs Strikers who are on his wave length. Afobe was and I think Nketiah would have been.

For me Elliason needs to offer more than just being a good crosser of a ball. Up front we look like a team that's never played together.

On 19/10/2019 at 20:03, La Plage said:

Come on, today was the reality that has been waiting since Leeds! Wake up and smell the coffee, we have been inept, Johnson had no idea what his best team or formation is, after the first game 3 months and a jolly to Spain I need 5 new faces, really, we could have told you that!! Streaky Lee, ******* clueless and blessed existence, Leeds failure (manager) would have us up no worries, happy clappers realise that he has to at least know the best starting 11!! French Red legend!!

Do you know how much Leeds pay their manager a season? And on top of that his staff too?

8 hours ago, RedM said:

I think we underestimated Luton. They roughed us up physically, especially Massengo who was often targeted by three players, and we couldn’t move the ball around how we like to. We looked like a team of individuals again, no one really linking up well and didn’t seem on the same wavelength half the time. Then we seemed to dip in confidence, aimless balls punted up to no one in particular. Then we seemed to want to walk it in, no one prepared to have a go or a shot.

Luton defended well and in numbers, and broke quickly also in numbers when attacking. They seemed to always have players available and we played like we were a man down and clinging on to a point, even though we were 2 down.

No dispute over their two goals, both well taken. Bentley did rush forward for the second but no one else was near defending. Couldn’t see the OG but prob a bit unfortunate but always felt like they would score a third before we would hit the net ourselves.

Plenty of talk from our fans that we scraped a draw at Brentford and Reading with better finishers could have taken points from us too.

Couldnt really see our new player’s chances, I was quite low down and they were up the other end of the pitch. He looked very small and quite different from what we have, could be a good thing.

Yep........it looked to me as if the Luton coaches out thought us, and concocted a tactical plan that played right into their hands.   We were disorganised and naive, and their use of a sweeper system made us impotent.  LJ needs to up his game, as do our players,  we were outfought and neutralised, and need to bounce back quickly.  As I alluded to before...we need Nagy and Kalas back asap.

14 hours ago, spudski said:

Palmer is in the same bracket as Tomlin and JET for me. Can be awesome...but needs players around him that can cover what he lacks. To be top 6 Palmer needs to be on his 'A' game consistently. Plus he needs Strikers who are on his wave length. Afobe was and I think Nketiah would have been.

For me Elliason needs to offer more than just being a good crosser of a ball. Up front we look like a team that's never played together.

Personally I think Jet and Tomlin had more effect on games, very disappointing so far

17 hours ago, spudski said:

?

I was unaware we had signed the striker brothers!

Come on, today was the reality that has been waiting since Leeds! Wake up and smell the coffee, we have been inept, Johnson had no idea what his best team or formation is, after the first game 3 months and a jolly to Spain I need 5 new faces, really, we could have told you that!! Streaky Lee, ******* clueless and blessed existence, Leeds failure (manager) would have us up no worries, happy clappers realise that he has to at least know the best starting 11!! French Red legend!!

Even by inbred Saghead standards, that's pretty lame.

Punched any horses recently?

I know what you mean mate, these streaks of one loss at stages throughout the season are just killing us. 

Archived