IGNORED

Eliasson

BCFC OF SWEDEN

Palmer, Odowda, defensiv? Palmer often sleeps with ball and position, Odowda no end product. For me Eliasson should start, he is creative, go forwards and are no safeplayer. Maybe Im a dinousarie but the ball has to go forward. We have a player and we dont use him. When we had the very very bad run people wanted LJ out. One of few that backed him here. But in the case of Eliasson i have a big ? how LJ is thinking.

6 hours ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Dont we want to win the games?

We do, we want to win them. Promise. Trouble is, we don't want to lose them either, probably a bit more than we want to win them, and so the things - real or imagined - we fear might cause us to lose games loom larger in the mind and impact selection than the things that might help us win some games.

It has ever been thus, mucker! 

Eliasson is a one of our best outlets when we need to change things. Although he's had relatively few chances to play a full match, he never seems to have the same impact when he plays from the start.

When he's named in the first eleven he settles into 'just another player on the pitch' mode.

He needs to use the chances he does get to prove to LJ that he's going to run and create for the whole match.

Agree with comments above, he's a much better player for us than O'Dowda. I wish we had not given him a new contract. Several years of indifferent displays with glimpses of brilliance and now just looks like he doesn't care.

A classic case of needing to concentrate on what a player can do rather than what he can’t.

The amount of luxury players we’ve persisted with carrying over the years (Tomlin, Paterson and Palmer instantly spring to mind and that’s just recently) and we’ve got a guy here who literally creates 2/3 proper goalscoring chances EVERY time he plays and he can’t get in the team.

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

Eliasson is a one of our best outlets when we need to change things. Although he's had relatively few chances to play a full match, he never seems to have the same impact when he plays from the start.

When he's named in the first eleven he settles into 'just another player on the pitch' mode.

He needs to use the chances he does get to prove to LJ that he's going to run and create for the whole match

Think this is a bit unfair. He's started 2 games this season and set up goals in the first half of them both. 

He can't play in a 3-5-2, but how about a 3-4-3?

Thinking of Costa and Cavaleiro at Wolves most notably. Could even try something inverted eg Brownhill on right and Eliasson on left in a 3-4-3/3-4-2-1, so we're less outnumbered centrally when it comes to those phases.

Brownhill has played on the right before after all, would also enable us to start all 3 of Brownhill, Nagy and Massengo.

Agreed @pongo88 my favoured shape too, probably would best help us to accommodate Eliasson.

3 hours ago, Roe said:

Think this is a bit unfair. He's started 2 games this season and set up goals in the first half of them both. 

But he sets up goals as a sub.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him really highly but I haven't seen enough in his 90 minute games to say he must start. That said, the same argument applies to other names in the first eleven. It probably explains why LJ rarely names the same team for consecutive matches.

5 hours ago, The Journalist said:

A classic case of needing to concentrate on what a player can do rather than what he can’t.

The amount of luxury players we’ve persisted with carrying over the years (Tomlin, Paterson and Palmer instantly spring to mind and that’s just recently) and we’ve got a guy here who literally creates 2/3 proper goalscoring chances EVERY time he plays and he can’t get in the team.

I wouldn't say Pato is a luxury as he works so hard

19 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Semenyo and Eliasson either side of Diedhiou would be nice.

LJ will never drop Weimann.

Eliasson simply has to play. I have been saying all season how it's crazy a player that good can't get in. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

LJ will never drop Weimann.

Eliasson simply has to play. I have been saying all season how it's crazy a player that good can't get in. 

Only if he fits the system though, doesn't weaken us in other areas?

It's asymmetrical but I'd be interested to see how a theoretical front 3 of Palmer, Eliasson and Weimann could link.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Only if he fits the system though, doesn't weaken us in other areas?

It's asymmetrical but I'd be interested to see how a theoretical front 3 of Palmer, Eliasson and Weimann could link.

I would go 442 on Wednesday. Weimann and Rodri up top who can both drop back and form a 6 or go wide and our wide men can come more narrow to tighten up the midfield. It is a shame Nagy is still not fit.

I would drop Palmer for this one. I think the problem with those 3 you say up top is it's a bit lightweight. 

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I would go 442 on Wednesday. Weimann and Rodri up top who can both drop back and form a 6 or go wide and our wide men can come more narrow to tighten up the midfield. It is a shame Nagy is still not fit.

I would drop Palmer for this one. I think the problem with those 3 you say up top is it's a bit lightweight. 

4-4-2 attacking at home...and Charlton with their counterattacking ways could run through us. However yes, when you explain that 2nd bit Rodri and Weimann are particularly flexible- Nagy's return would help a great deal.

Though I suppose that a winger and a full back as direct oppositon could help to negate this...do Charlton emphasise their play out wide or central more though?

As for my suggestion, yeah this is true but also Elisson, Palmer and Weimann can drop into a strikerless formation too which can help to form say a 4-3-3-0, yours sounds like more of a 4-4-2-0. Would it be that strike pair with O'Dowda and Eliasson wide Wednesday?

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Probably wouldn’t play that 433 but I’d be thinking about dropping Weimann for one of our next two games yeah. 

Would like to see Diedhiou and Semenyo at some point. 

Don't think Semenyo ready overall, though that said away to QPR he did quite well IIRC? Got an assist and seemed sharp!

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

4-4-2 attacking at home...and Charlton with their counterattacking ways could run through us. However yes, when you explain that 2nd bit Rodri and Weimann are particularly flexible- Nagy's return would help a great deal.

Though I suppose that a winger and a full back as direct oppositon could help to negate this...do Charlton emphasise their play out wide or central more though?

As for my suggestion, yeah this is true but also Elisson, Palmer and Weimann can drop into a strikerless formation too which can help to form say a 4-3-3-0, yours sounds like more of a 4-4-2-0. Would it be that strike pair with O'Dowda and Eliasson wide Wednesday?

Yes, I am thinking O'Dowda right and tucking inside a bit, Eliasson left. And people might see this as a strange move but I would go with Pereira at left back due to his pace on Leko. I don't trust Rowe up against Leko.

Archived