IGNORED

Eliasson

BCFC OF SWEDEN

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think he's great at crossing and set pieces but not very good at other things on a regular basis.

Perhaps we should change the formation to suit him better?

433 with Weiman and Diedhiou?

Who knows, frankly who cares I can't be bothered to think about City for several days.

OK. i agree. NE is a dreadful fullback, centre half, striker, keeper and wing back.    Shall we agree on him being the best at assist in the Championship?.. so Cheers Niklas, it seems you;re doing something right even if the wise old heads here at OTIB can't quite catch on           yet

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

He wouldn't be the only one getting told that no.

Massengo I thought was poor tonight too. Not playing it quick enough.

Rowe struggled too imo.

Thought Rowe might do better than he did in midfield. Didn't look great with his passing or his control in there. I thought Massengo did pretty well second half. 

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

He wouldn't be the only one getting told that no.

Massengo I thought was poor tonight too. Not playing it quick enough.

Rowe struggled too imo.

My thoughts exactly, at times the whole team were guilty of being indecisive , few times 2 players go for the ball then leave it for each other. 
In fact, apart from Bentley and maybe Pereira (who was ok) no one reached the heady heights of 'good'. I thought Rowe started ok but in CM faded, Watkins did nothing wrong, but didn't shine. Slipping and sliding like they had no studs, missing passes and resorting to long balls into channels, yet another poor performance.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought Rowe might do better than he did in midfield. Didn't look great with his passing or his control in there. I thought Massengo did pretty well second half. 

Agree with you there, thought Rowe looked very uncomfortable in the middle whereas usually looks steady at full back. 

One of several ‘lightweights’ for me I fear.

Can’t argue with the assists, which put him above the other ‘lightweights’. But... he doesn’t seem to have any tricks, not particularly fast, so struggles to beat his man. They should be key attributes of a winger. Not great at defence or transitioning play. 

So an ‘ok’. But we need more than ‘ok’ if we want to get beyond being a mediocre championship side. 

Possibly has potential and could become a revelation but as time ticks by, beginning to have doubts. 

I like Eliasson but his assists tonight were set pieces to an unmarked header and to Weimann who did 99% of the work. Truth is it is hard to fit him in when we use wingbacks. Then when we don’t and he starts he is usually not as good. 

Honestly it is probably harsh he doesn’t get more starts/minutes. A symptom of LJ and his “cleverness.” LJ can’t/won’t give certain players a run of games for whatever reasons and NE falls into that category. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I like Eliasson but his assists tonight were set pieces to an unmarked header and to Weimann who did 99% of the work. Truth is it is hard to fit him in when we use wingbacks. Then when we don’t and he starts he is usually not as good. 

Honestly it is probably harsh he doesn’t get more starts/minutes. A symptom of LJ and his “cleverness.” LJ can’t/won’t give certain players a run of games for whatever reasons and NE falls into that category. 

Yet of Eliasson's assists the ones achieved from open play have both been when he has started...

43 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Can’t argue with the assists, which put him above the other ‘lightweights’. But... he doesn’t seem to have any tricks, not particularly fast, so struggles to beat his man. They should be key attributes of a winger. Not great at defence or transitioning play. 

So an ‘ok’. But we need more than ‘ok’ if we want to get beyond being a mediocre championship side. 

Possibly has potential and could become a revelation but as time ticks by, beginning to have doubts. 

I suppose he only has the highest number of assists in the league...

52 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He may be a CM but he's had to train as a wing back/full back for the last 6 weeks or so, he looked good in the centre pre-season

10 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Yet of Eliasson's assists the ones achieved from open play have both been when he has started...

He has that quality to have a quiet game and have a moment of magic. You have to weigh all that together. Probably get 2-3 fantastic balls from him but for the rest of the game we will get him out of position not offering an option to our RB or getting figured out quite early that he is only going left. Again I like him but not sure his couple good deliveries a game outweigh his flaws. 

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think your two paragraphs are contradictory, aren't they? 

Hard to fit NE in if using wing backs; not as good when he starts. Rather than "for whatever reasons", wouldn't that be why LJ won't give him a run of games? 

Firstly I accept his assists , and the fact I think he would be better given a run on the left wing where he could be even more potent. But if you compare the 2, COD offers much more to the team, his defensive work is better and he is generally more involved. It is difficult fitting a winger into a system that doesn't naturally allow wingers. When he has played, it , for the most part, has been in front of a more defensive minded FB/WB as he doesn't offer support for the man behind him.
I think another reason he doesn't get as much time as some on here would like is to do with injuries. Missing so many players , we have had to winkle out results as a team, working hard and nicking points here and there. If we could dominate more, which we all hope we do when some of the injured players return, then it would allow us to add that bit of flair and give him his head. While we struggle against teams that , if we want to progress, we should be beating, we need to have a team full of discipline and work rate. 

With an up to speed Kalas. Fully fit Nagy, Smith and Brownhill . A FB paring of Hunt and DaSilva and a spearhead of Fam or ANOther, he may come into his own. As we stand I don't think he's worth a start. All just opinions though.

6 hours ago, RedRock said:

You do know which player Eliasson is I suppose ? 

Eliasson had most assists in swedish leauge and now most in championship. His job is to deliver passes so we can score. I supose we brought him here for that reason. Ok, he delivers but its not enough for LJ. Odowda gets the ball , runs and looking at the ground and have no plan what to do with the ball, no end product you say in english. Im sure plenty of Clubs wants Niclas when his contract is out. For me its strange thinking. A team has defenders, strikers and good end of product players. Sorry for Niclas and the Club that he dont fits in. Im sure he will go to a another team that appreciate his skils. He has most assists in the leauge but he is not a starter in City. The aim is to get the ball in the goal, we probably do it better without Eliasson. 

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

And why doesnt we score when COD and Brownhill take the set pieces?

Fam and Weimann must love NE when he is on the pitch!

Our last 3 goals was from him, why do you think he finds Pereira, Williams and Weimann when they are unmarked?

An other example, NE and Rodri got 20 minutes together under these minuts Rodri got one in the post and scored a goal (disallowed for offside) both from NE.

How many more goals would we got with him in the starting line up? I know that he has other tvings that he must be working with, but we must afford to have him in the starting line up!!!!

6 hours ago, City Ben said:

I think your two paragraphs are contradictory, aren't they? 

Hard to fit NE in if using wing backs; not as good when he starts. Rather than "for whatever reasons", wouldn't that be why LJ won't give him a run of games? 

For whatever I think of him he hasn’t gotten a run of starts when others have. There have been plenty of games over the years where we haven’t used wbs and Eliasson hasn’t gotten a run. I am not convinced by Eliasson but he is probably the only player who hasn’t gotten a run of starts under LJ. 

1 hour ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

And why doesnt we score when COD and Brownhill take the set pieces?

Fam and Weimann must love NE when he is on the pitch!

Our last 3 goals was from him, why do you think he finds Pereira, Williams and Weimann when they are unmarked?

An other example, NE and Rodri got 20 minutes together under these minuts Rodri got one in the post and scored a goal (disallowed for offside) both from NE.

How many more goals would we got with him in the starting line up? I know that he has other tvings that he must be working with, but we must afford to have him in the starting line up!!!!

I don’t dispute his delivery. It is excellent. He does however have his flaws which negates this at times. For example against Reading he had the assist. For large parts of that game they shut him out. He also rarely shows for the ball giving the RB or CM no option. A lot of play breaks down because of this. You get the good and the bad. 2-3 class deliveries but then a feeling of playing with 10 men at times. 

I think he should get a more consistent run of games only because I think confidence and familiarity can play a part. Maybe the flaws lessen with more minutes. Idk because he hasn’t gotten that chance. 

3 hours ago, MATT BCFC said:

No idea why he isn’t a regular starter. We look so much more dangerous with him on the pitch and the stats back that up.

COD needs to be a lot more consistent and have more of a end product for me. 

I’d probably change that and say we look dangerous when we get the ball to him.  The stats do Back that up, agreed.  However I suspect the professional stats City have suggest when he doesn't have the ball but we are in possession, or worse, when we don’t have the ball, his stats are bad.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not blaming him for last night...he delivered two assists, and was played out of position.  He did ok.

2 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Eliasson had most assists in swedish leauge and now most in championship. His job is to deliver passes so we can score. I supose we brought him here for that reason. Ok, he delivers but its not enough for LJ. Odowda gets the ball , runs and looking at the ground and have no plan what to do with the ball, no end product you say in english. Im sure plenty of Clubs wants Niclas when his contract is out. For me its strange thinking. A team has defenders, strikers and good end of product players. Sorry for Niclas and the Club that he dont fits in. Im sure he will go to a another team that appreciate his skils. He has most assists in the leauge but he is not a starter in City. The aim is to get the ball in the goal, we probably do it better without Eliasson. 

My long time critique of Callum is exactly that.  The ball is always (as I say it) just at the end of being under his control, and when he lifts his head to see what he’s gonna do with it, it’s then not under control.  He’ll run into dead ends as a result, or pop off rushed passes.  He is a talent, but it is that ‘flaw” imho that will mean he stays at this level, and may not ever be a 40+ starts first choice pick.  If he can develop that then he will progress further.  I thought he did well in the main on Sunday, but last night he was on the periphery.  He ran into trouble in the centre of the pitch, the congested area, too often.  Again, he wasn’t to blame either, it was a slightly off par performance all round in the main.

No individual scapegoats....of course some will blame one or two.  If we focus on the really positive performances there weren’t enough.  Bentley and Weimann the only standouts, maybe Williams?  

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’d probably change that and say we look dangerous when we get the ball to him.  The stats do Back that up, agreed.  However I suspect the professional stats City have suggest when he doesn't have the ball but we are in possession, or worse, when we don’t have the ball, his stats are bad.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not blaming him for last night...he delivered two assists, and was played out of position.  He did ok.

My long time critique of Callum is exactly that.  The ball is always (as I say it) just at the end of being under his control, and when he lifts his head to see what he’s gonna do with it, it’s then not under control.  He’ll run into dead ends as a result, or pop off rushed passes.  He is a talent, but it is that ‘flaw” imho that will mean he stays at this level, and may not ever be a 40+ starts first choice pick.  If he can develop that then he will progress further.  I thought he did well in the main on Sunday, but last night he was on the periphery.  He ran into trouble in the centre of the pitch, the congested area, too often.  Again, he wasn’t to blame either, it was a slightly off par performance all round in the main.

No individual scapegoats....of course some will blame one or two.  If we focus on the really positive performances there weren’t enough.  Bentley and Weimann the only standouts, maybe Williams?  

Amen, Davefevs

Archived