IGNORED

There Goes Forest's 10 Game Run as well

The Original OTIB

I was going to post a thread on it but this weekend could've been a lot worse for us.

Nottingham Forest lose 1-0 at Wigan.

Swansea draw 1-1 at Barnsley.

Preston lose 1-0 at Reading.

Now the latter 2 had a change of manager but it's a tough League!

Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday also drew, 1-1 taking points off each other too and Stoke 2-0 v Fulham!

@The Original OTIB There is something about Wigan away yes...they're tough at home!

It's a reminder that we're not the only fans that have to experience defeat (and poor performances) this season. It happened to Leeds and Swansea prior matchday too.

Two lessons: 

1. Don't think Luton was the end of the world (the result, the place very well might be...)

2. Our lads need to be right on their game to stay at the top end all season.

Final point: we need to bounce back in Wednesday with a top notch performance. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed. Ideally need 6 points from the next 2, but 4 wouldn't be totally disastrous- Charlton will be far from easy.

Neither Charlton or Wigan are the best away sides but they'll see us as vulnerable now.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Neither Charlton or Wigan are the best away sides but they'll see us as vulnerable now.

I thought Charlton's away record was not bad- mkaybe not!

Wigan's definitely isn't good, so I was thinking draw or win v Charlton and must win next Sunday- though like I say 6 needed. Yeah they'll see us as vulnerable- LJ will need to come up with a good tactical plan Wednesday especially.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought Charlton's away record was not bad- mkaybe not!

Wigan's definitely isn't good, so I was thinking draw or win v Charlton and must win next Sunday- though like I say 6 needed. Yeah they'll see us as vulnerable- LJ will need to come up with a good tactical plan Wednesday 

Charlton won a couple away in August but not since, and one of those was vs Reading which was a free 3 pts at the time!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I was going to post a thread on it but this weekend could've been a lot worse for us.

Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday also drew, 1-1 taking points off each other too and Stoke 2-0 v Fulham!

@The Original OTIB There is something about Wigan away yes...they're tough at home!

➕

1 hour ago, mozo said:

It's a reminder that we're not the only fans that have to experience defeat (and poor performances) this season. It happened to Leeds and Swansea prior matchday too.

Two lessons: 

1. Don't think Luton was the end of the world (the result, the place very well might be...)

Equals - tough Chsmpionship!

After Sunday we’ll have played 14, 7 home, 7 away.  I know our home form hasn’t been great but we’ve only had 5 home games so far (out of 12).  Those 5 games have gained 8 points.  I’d love us to come through the next two with 6 points, that would give us w4 d2 l1 at home, and we’d be right back in it.  4 points (a win and a draw) wouldn’t be bad either.  24 or 26 from 14 gives us 78 or 84 points!

4 hours ago, mozo said:

Two lessons: 

Just out of interest have we had a good performance this season we have had a few battling performances 

29 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Just out of interest have we had a good performance this season we have had a few battling performances 

Tough question, because it is rare to dominate the vast majority of a championship match.

Good performances for me:

- QPR home

- Derby away

- Hull away

- Preston away

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I did a double at the bookies,   City and Ipswich to both win away!  We became the 1st side that Luton kept a clean sheet against, and lost our 10 game unbeaten run.............and Ipswich lost for the 1st time this season in their 12th game.  I need to rethink my tactics?  Ha!

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brentford are a side I expect to be rising up now they've got their bona fide 4-3-3. We were lucky to get a point there, still think they'll be in the mix for playoffs so maybe not such a surprise.

It depends who they lose in January IMO. They were saying on Sky last night that several Premier League clubs were sniffing round Watkins and Benrahma and they were expected to get big offers for both.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It depends who they lose in January IMO. They were saying on Sky last night that several Premier League clubs were sniffing round Watkins and Benrahma and they were expected to get big offers for both.

If I was Brentford- and I know their model is selling and rebuilding- but with a fairly open Championship so far this season I'd be looking to keep- depends when the contract of those expires too of course.

Agree with you though, that January will be key for them- the major sales over the last season or 2? Think they can stick with this January- their profit on transfers must be crazy, Maupay £20m was it!

Watkins contract is until 2023 I believe, Benrahma until 2022 according to Google so if needs must they can put them on the market next summer- well that's what I'd be thinking if I was at Brentford anyway.

Archived