IGNORED

Charlton on Weds

Der no.2

51 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

Big game on Wednesday, we need to bounce back confidently.

Lets get behind the boys!

COYR

It really is a must win. We can't continue to draw so many and then capitulate to a Luton Town side in the manner we did. Don't mean them any disrespect to Luton but yesterday was dire by ourselves.

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

It really is a must win. We can't continue to draw so many and then capitulate to a Luton Town side in the manner we did. Don't mean them any disrespect to Luton but yesterday was dire by ourselves.

We weren’t up for it and that’s something I’ve not seen this season .

I think we believed that we just had to turn up to collect the three points .

Luton won the battle, in footballing cliche , they wanted it more . 

They weren’t brilliant but made the pitch seem small and took their chances. Their first goal was a cracker.

We seem to play better as the underdogs which we will be Wednesday night .

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

It really is a must win....

Tone you get the prize for first declaration of must win this season!!

Remarkably, people were getting all contrary when it was suggested that some of our last 10 games last season were must-win, so you'll definitely be pulled up at this stage!

I think it's a 'must-perform', irrespective of the result. We need to bounce back by showing our merits against a dangerous Charlton side. Otherwise the momentum will continue to swing the wrong way.

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

Tone you get the prize for first declaration of must win this season!!

Remarkably, people were getting all contrary when it was suggested that some of our last 10 games last season were must-win, so you'll definitely be pulled up at this stage!

I think it's a 'must-perform', irrespective of the result. We need to bounce back by showing our merits against a dangerous Charlton side. Otherwise the momentum will continue to swing the wrong way.

Thanks. Hows Trev ?

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We weren’t up for it and that’s something I’ve not seen this season .

I think we believed that we just had to turn up to collect the three points .

Luton won the battle, in footballing cliche , they wanted it more . 

They weren’t brilliant but made the pitch seem small and took their chances. Their first goal was a cracker.

We seem to play better as the underdogs which we will be Wednesday night .

“Underdogs” at home to Charlton? Really?!

For me Saturdays result shows how important it is to get as many of the injured players back and in contention.  We looked tired and we need to have the option to freshen things up especially in midfield.  Afobe is obviously a massive loss and is really impacting us as an attacking force.  We just need to battle, keep picking up points and do all we can to stay in the mix until January and then get the right striker in to push on.  I’ve been proud of how the team has coped with injuries so far and hoping Saturday was just an off day.

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

For me Saturdays result shows how important it is to get as many of the injured players back and in contention.  We looked tired and we need to have the option to freshen things up especially in midfield.  Afobe is obviously a massive loss and is really impacting us as an attacking force.  We just need to battle, keep picking up points and do all we can to stay in the mix until January and then get the right striker in to push on.  I’ve been proud of how the team has coped with injuries so far and hoping Saturday was just an off day.

Tired!  They just had 2 weeks off! It was just shambolic, looked like too many of them thought they just had to turn up to get a result. Worrying and, although many won't like it, LJ has to take shoulder some blame for allowing such a complacent approach and not changing things BEFORE inevitably going a goal down!

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

McGregor reports that Hunt is the latest to join the injury list. Not the worst as Pereira can ably deputise.

Shame. I was hoping both might play Wednesday. Though I doubt LJ would have done that anyway!

I really liked the look of Pereira against Reading. Probably long term he is our first choice being so young with so many years of improvement ahead of him. I'm assuming we will be trying to bring him in permanently at the end of the season. 

21 hours ago, BigTone said:

Can't accept its a must win at this stage of the season.  Two wins this week would be great, but I'd settle for 4 points if pushed.  Charlton are going to be very difficult indeed.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Can't accept its a must win at this stage of the season.  Two wins this week would be great, but I'd settle for 4 points if pushed.  Charlton are going to be very difficult indeed.

Surely the mentality must be that every game is a must win otherwise it encourages mediocrity.

9 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Last time we beat charlton at home alan pardew scored for them, who scored citys winner?

Sure we’ve beaten them at home since then. Danny Haynes was playing and he may have scored? 2-0 maybe?

It was a midweek game.

Would like us to try something like the below on Wednesday night. Think Pereira will start as Hunt has a bit of a knock...

Back 4 would be good, in the sense of being more positive at home. Would like to see O'Dowda more centrally, like he's played for Ireland before.              

Bentley

Pereira, Moore, Williams, Rowe

Massengo

Brownhill, O'Dowda

Eliasson,                Weimann

Fammy

Archived