IGNORED

Racism at the darts?

Ziderarmy

37 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I made this point on another thread. Is sheep shagger a racist comment or just observational humor aimed at a particular culture. 

To be frank most of us know what is banter and where the line is. Some don’t!

Sheep shagger is not a racist remark but an allusion to what is thought to be someone's sexual preference. Luton fans chanted it at us yesterday and, whatever they may think, Bristol is not in Wales. For all I know perhaps England Rugby fans could have chatted it at the Australian fans yesterday in Japan and could chant it towards the All Black's next Saturday. After all both Australia and New Zealand farm more sheep than the Welsh   

5 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

The responses on this thread basically show what I was getting at in my original post. 

Its all so subjective it’s a complete minefield these days.

Is “you’re just a small town in Asia” any different from “you’re just a small town in wales” ? 

Of course , you could have posted this **** on the pages and pages of posters wanting to be the most moral on the other thread instead of starting yet another thread of *******

This forum has had one ***** weekend

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The only question is

Why is this ***** thread on a Bristol City Forum and Football Sub Forum 

Too many on keyboards

‘I’m changing the world ‘

Being on the wrong forum is a technical irrelevancy, the world ain’t gonna end.

no problem with people trying to inform and educate idiotic backwards opinions on a keyboard, every little helps and all that

11 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

sections of the crowd are chanting sheep, sheep, sheep sh&£@r at Price who is obviously Welsh.

Is this racist? Banter? Harmless fun? 

Because (apart from presumably perhaps weirdos exchanging pictures in the far reaches of the dark web) no one actually has sex with sheep, the chant is by its nature comical because it couldn't possibly be true. The other chants you are presumably comparing to don't have any comical element and instead refer simply to Asians (who do exist) as the source of great shame.

In one chant the implication you're Welsh and therefore shag sheep (comical) and so considered inferior.

In the other chants the implication is simply that you're Asian and on that basis alone considered inferior.

One is lampooning one is bigoted. Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, !james said:

Context.

These are the sort of people who's Twitter bio says: 

IMG_20191020_210101.jpg

Foreners? Foreners?

in the gym I was talking to a mate about this post.

i asked him if he could spell foreigner.. he got it right.

oh he’s Polish, is an electrician, earns double what I do , pays higher rate tax and NI. Is still married to his English missus of 10 years, both his kids consider themselves dual nationality, speaking polish and English impeccably

which one would I rather have a pint with????

8 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Being on the wrong forum is a technical irrelevancy, the world ain’t gonna end.

no problem with people trying to inform and educate idiotic backwards opinions on a keyboard, every little helps and all that

Yes , it gives yourself and others a chance to put the World right and show personal and political stances on the Internet on two threads instead of one

38 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes , it gives yourself and others a chance to put the World right and show personal and political stances on the Internet on two threads instead of one

sorry for airing my personal view that racism is morally reprehensible in a football forum, imagine my embarrassment.

12 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Just watching Gerwyn Price v Michael Van Gerwen, sections of the crowd are chanting sheep, sheep, sheep sh&£@r at Price who is obviously Welsh.

Is this racist? Banter? Harmless fun? 

Will these darts fans be identified by cctv and banned from future events?  

Double standards? 

Racism is a movable feast which is one of its main problems. Only some races/nationalities apply. 

Say I went in holiday with 3 mates. One a Welshman, one a Frenchman, one a Nigerian. I get home and I'm telling some other friends about my holiday in the pub. During my anecdote I do an impression of each of my friends. 

You know the rest. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

By ‘two threads instead of one’ I presume you are referring to the thread about the racism at Luton Town?

Does that therefore mean you think the songs chanted there were fine and nobody should be complaining about them?

• Admin
13 hours ago, Olé said:

Because (apart from presumably perhaps weirdos exchanging pictures in the far reaches of the dark web) no one actually has sex with sheep, the chant is by its nature comical because it couldn't possibly be true. The other chants you are presumably comparing to don't have any comical element and instead refer simply to Asians (who do exist) as the source of great shame.

In one chant the implication you're Welsh and therefore shag sheep (comical) and so considered inferior.

In the other chants the implication is simply that you're Asian and on that basis alone considered inferior.

One is lampooning one is bigoted. Hope this helps.

Sadly some people do have sex with sheep.....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2430470/Man-arrested-over-sheep-sex-attacks.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/man-accused-of-trying-to-have-sex-with-sheep-next-to-tottenham-hotspurs-training-ground-8826065.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stressed-student-caught-having-sex-with-a-sheep-in-university-barn-9863882.html

And maybe these guys just didn’t have any sheep on their farm....  https://www.nbc26.com/news/national/trio-facing-1-460-charges-of-having-sex-with-animals-at-makeshift-pennsylvania-farm

https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/03/12/man-caught-cctv-sex-sheep/

Sorry if this has shattered any illusions....... I’m just off to clear my browser history......

Archived