IGNORED

City Make The Five Live National News..

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes 

Ironically following Social Media and the news over the weekend it is actually the rush of outrage and posturing by our own outraged fans desperate to say so all over social media that has highlighted the incidents and  subsequent news storm and has us plastered all over the news 

Congratulations to all

Another new thread to set them all off again always helps  

you really are something else

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

The club have been made fully aware of the incidents and so there is no need for ‘witnesses’ or for anyone to get in touch with the club. 

In fact, I reckon officials will be reading the forum seeing what people have to say, so the fact that people are putting their views across about how disgraceful this behaviour is is only a good thing. 

If we did take your route and just shut up about it, push it to non football and try to forget about it, then that would be the worst form of action possible imo

I don’t think he’s saying “shut up” more “put up” tbh. I don’t go to many away games but if this happened at the Gate I would be more than happy to assist the club by identifying culprits if I was able. That has a far greater effect and is more likely to eliminate the problem than just calling racists out on a forum. This issue isn’t the same as “grassing” a fellow supporter for swearing or sneaking in a cheeky vodka into the ground!!

If you are outraged (and it is perfectly reasonable and moral to be outraged by racism) but not prepared to do something about it if you are able to then what is the point in being outraged?

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I'm of the firm opinion that there will always be a small percentage of white people who are racist, it doesn't matter where they're from, who they support, what they do etc, they are intolerant to people who are different to them.

These people are a disgusting scar on the face of humanity, but they will always exist.  Yet we always seem appalled and shocked by this.

Unfortunately, just like any other club in the land, Bristol City will also have some supporters with this warped mind-set.

Every time they rear their ugly heads, ban them and imprison them for at least 2 years.  The lesson will soon be learnt that they need to silence their hideous views - and this is the way to handle all racists, in all wakes of life.

Racism not confined to white people. All races, colours of skin, religious views and political bias, have a minority of noisy bigots.

We must all try to live with each other, regardless of our differences.

55 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

This sorry event just got mentioned on the main BBC News As part of a story of racism in football.  

In my heart I hope the embarrassment of the clubs name being dragged through the mud in the mainstream media is enough to stop future incidences, but my head says it won’t be.

It's absolutely cracking timing for it to happen, the same weekend as the Haringey abandonment and a few days after Bulagria meant that it was likely to get lumped in with those incidents, whereas normally it probably wouldn't generate the headlines that it has.

Not that those responsible for the club attracting this negative attention will give the shiniest shite, obviously.

3 hours ago, Robson said:

I was at the game saturday and "Small minority" isn't the correct term believe me.
It started off as a small chant about tommy robinson involving a few idiots which escalated into must have been about 100-200 fans singing it. Loudest song of the day was that which tells the story. All came within the last 20-30 minutes when people were extremely frustrated with the teams performance, however that isn't an excuse for the vile chants. 

I find it astonishingly sad that this jumped up little s**t has become a poster boy of certain elements of football culture, and the working classes. I've been to England games where hundreds have been jumping up and down chanting his name, and it's embarrasing and pretty depressing to hear. I cannot think of a greater enapsulation of everything I don't want this country to be, than Stephen f*****g Yaxley Lennon.

I'm confident that history will eventually view him in the same way, and I'm determined that my grandchildren will look upon him as a obscure, ultimately failed, toxic s**tstain on the fabric of the great, proud country of England. 

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes 

Ironically following Social Media and the news over the weekend it is actually the rush of outrage and posturing by our own outraged fans desperate to say so all over social media that has highlighted the incidents and  subsequent news storm and has us plastered all over the news 

Congratulations to all

Another new thread to set them all off again always helps  

Yeah, let's bury it under the carpet. 

****s sake, people like you finding ways to defend or deflect. Absolute vermin. 

We’ve always had a minority who sing foul and abusive songs . I’ve heard occasional casual racism at our games but not for a time a chant  . I wasn’t at the game Saturday. The whole of the Eastend in the 80s sang racist songs and as a lad I joined in not wanting to be different from those singing. In the 90s we had a fair bit of political singing but it was all done tongue in check with humour . Nowadays it’s plain offensive , it could be the Rovers managers mother or Brighton’s gays . Some on here have said it’s ok . Is it really?

15 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Yeah, let's bury it under the carpet. 

****s sake, people like you finding ways to defend or deflect. Absolute vermin. 

Vermin.......eh

Labels you firmly as a complete cretin , and keyboard warrior

Looking at your posting you are clearly obsessed with being a ( keyboard ) politician rather than anything in football

What a ******

So what exactly happened at Luton? I Was busy watching a football match! I heard some ENGLAND England chants but just thought that was just the usual response to youre Welsh and you know you are! 

A lot of very unsavory name calling on here mind you!  Was it worse than that?

Anyone raise me a vermin!

Edit. I get it now there was some irony Tommy Robinson is a Luton Town supporter! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

So what exactly happened at Luton? I Was busy watching a football match! I heard some ENGLAND England chants but just thought that was just the usual response to youre Welsh and you know you are! 

A lot of very unsavory name calling on here mind you!  Was it worse than that?

Anyone raise me a vermin!

Sewer rat

8 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

How thick can you be?

I don't think it's anything to do with being thick, I've met intelligent people who had the most vile views.

I do think that the current behaviour of those in power, the degeneration of debate since the whole Brexit mess kicked off, and the language used in the media has not helped.

Social media is also a factor, people say some vile stuff on there, I've had to catch myself and delete tweets before; it's easily done.

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not going to stand up on Wednesday and try and get a chant going of "I want a liberal democracy with a more reflective voting system and a mixed economy" - even if I could think of a tune to set that to.

What about REM's "It's the End of the World as we know it (and I feel fine)"?  That might work

PS: totally agree on the politics, matey

8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

As there was only 1000 odd there and tickets at a premium, I'm quite surprised. I would have thought the tickets would have gone to our "normal" traveling fans (who I believe are mostly ok).

I could understand it if there were 3 or 4 k, or pay on the day, as anyone could get them .

Quite a number of our normal travelling fans - or at least me anyway! - were blindsided by the two hours notice of sales taking place on a day on which we were working...and missed out. I'd note that Preston play in an area with a significant population with origins in the Indian sub-continent...not a word out of place from a pretty good turn out of City fans that day.

I'm also surprised by the events at Luton, in my experience City's travelling support is pretty well behaved these days. Not seen or heard anything really unpleasant in recent years away from home.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Quite a number of our normal travelling fans - or at least me anyway! - were blindsided by the two hours notice of sales taking place on a day on which we were working...and missed out. I'd note that Preston play in an area with a significant population with origins in the Indian sub-continent...not a word out of place from a pretty good turn out of City fans that day.

I'm also surprised by the events at Luton, in my experience City's travelling support is pretty well behaved these days. Not seen or heard anything really unpleasant in recent years away from home.

Mine too!

Don't recall anything out of the ordinary at Millwall away, or Charlton away in the previous 3 seasons. Granted they're my only 3 away games but don't recall this kind of thing- at all.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Vermin.......eh

Labels you firmly as a complete cretin , and keyboard warrior

Looking at your posting you are clearly obsessed with being a ( keyboard ) politician rather than anything in football

What a ******

Not that I need to justify myself to a racism apologist like you, but Yeah only dedicated a decade of my life to coaching, 3 decades to watching city.

Just find conversing with talentless, brainless dullards like yourself about the finer workings of the game to be tedious. I can discuss the game with cat 1 academy coaches in the real world rather than on a forum where you unqualified opinions are routine. 

Now carry on researching people's posting history, not one bit mental that. 

Melt. 

26 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Not that I need to justify myself to a racism apologist like you, but Yeah only dedicated a decade of my life to coaching, 3 decades to watching city.

Just find conversing with talentless, brainless dullards like yourself about the finer workings of the game to be tedious. I can discuss the game with cat 1 academy coaches in the real world rather than on a forum where you unqualified opinions are routine. 

Now carry on researching people's posting history, not one bit mental that. 

Melt. 

Racism apologist .... come back to me with what you have 

Letting you and your vitriol anywhere near children is both astonishing and depressing

You see , muppets like yourself are very self selective about what you consider abuse , and what you see acceptable to use

As do those who’ve approved your post 

@JBFC II

Hypocrite & a True cretin

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Letting you and your vitriol anywhere near children is both astonishing and depressing

You see , muppets like yourself are very self selective about what you consider abuse , and what you see acceptable to use

@JBFC II

When did I approve that post? 

I did like his post saying we shouldn't bury racism under the carpet, which I fully agree with. 

Again, is there any need to get personal?

It’s terrible that we are essential front page news, some awful fans have truly put us in the shop window to be tarred with a certain brush. And sadly, deservedly so even if it was a minority.

Club needs to step up and stamp it out quickly and robustly - no place for this at city or anywhere: It’s not politics, it’s not personal preference it’s bigotry and racism and it’s is wrong. No one is lesser than you because of the colour of their skin, their religion or where they were born.

Stephen Yaxley Lennon (refuse to refer to him by his jack the lad one of youss ridiculous pseudonym) is a peddler if nothing but hate, feeding off the insecurities and fears of the public to further his public persona and to feel like a somebody and I feel sad for the people suckered in

act swiftly and strongly please, BCFC

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

I don't think it's anything to do with being thick, I've met intelligent people who had the most vile views.

I do think that the current behaviour of those in power, the degeneration of debate since the whole Brexit mess kicked off, and the language used in the media has not helped.

Social media is also a factor, people say some vile stuff on there, I've had to catch myself and delete tweets before; it's easily done.

Thick to do it openly at a football game, when you're representing & support City.

They must know it'd be bad press for their own club, stupidity. 

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@JBFC II

Please add a ‘SAD’ into your next post, then it will truly confirm to me you are Donald  trumps tweet writer

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

As there was only 1000 odd there and tickets at a premium, I'm quite surprised. I would have thought the tickets would have gone to our "normal" traveling fans (who I believe are mostly ok).

I could understand it if there were 3 or 4 k, or pay on the day, as anyone could get them .

Yes I thought that originally, I was there and it took my surprise but when you think about how many season card holders we have nowadays, more than we had average gates not long ago, there's bound to be a few among that amount who think it's ok to chant that rubbish.

Oddly, as I walked to the ground behind a group of about 60 city fans chanting all the way along a couple of roads that were made up almost entirely of Asians shopping and living, I was so proud with the way they behaved. The locals were smiling at their songs, we were playing football with the kids in the street by the away end. So different to years gone by when in this situation some horrible things would almost certainly been shouted.  I couldn't have felt better about being a City fan. 

A mixture of city playing crap, taunting from an Asian fan and alcohol managed to bring out a few unsavoury chants and spoil things. Though the booing of those chants was heartening. 

Archived