IGNORED

The ghost of Marvin Brown

Major Isewater

5 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Only got called up cuz England were playing Italy at the gate 

I was at that game. Remember he was in the squad. Didn't realise it was that only time.

7 minutes ago, Coppello said:

What do you mean Tristan Plummer didn't fulfil his potential? He's a mainstay on Gogglebox so it's fair to say he got the stardom that every footballing apprentice dreams of. 

Just been watching Gogglebox and the realisation that it's Tristan Plummer on that couch has blown my mind.

1 hour ago, Wilf said:

Raph was the city reserves for a while after he left Manchester United. Does a lot of coaching with kids, think he was with the city community trust as a coach for a long while, may have been the academy, may even be still there, one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met.

I remember playing against him as a kid up on the playing fields off Salcombe Rd, Probably Cubs football. He was unbelievably skilful even at that age. It was a sight to behold. Sounds as though he’s happy though and that’s what really matter so fair play to him. 

22 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Just been watching Gogglebox and the realisation that it's Tristan Plummer on that couch has blown my mind.

I'm forced to watch that by the missus and take great joy by telling her "he used to play for the city you know". She wasn't interested the first time I told her.

Not technically ours because he was only here on loan, but I was highly impressed by Steven Caulker when he was at City. I thought he was destined to go onto great things and become an England regular. Danny Rose was on loan with us at the same time and was utter crap. 

2 hours ago, Totterdown's Finest said:

I may be wrong, but didn't Burke suffer a nasty injury that did for his career? See him around these parts often, involved in school coaching.

Think it was more to do with him having a scrap at the training ground after one of the senior pros took exception to being nutmegged one too many times...

11 minutes ago, Offside said:

Not technically ours because he was only here on loan, but I was highly impressed by Steven Caulker when he was at City. I thought he was destined to go onto great things and become an England regular. Danny Rose was on loan with us at the same time and was utter crap. 

Considering his age when he was with us Caulker looked a cert to play at the very top. 

5 minutes ago, Laner said:

Considering his age when he was with us Caulker looked a cert to play at the very top. 

17 minutes ago, Offside said:

Yep, had no doubt that he was a future England star

30 minutes ago, Offside said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/29/steven-caulker-mental-illness-addictions-gambling-drinking-qpr Interesting article followed up in the Mail a year later. it looks like it was partially our fault Caulker went off the rails!

Archived