IGNORED

OSIB 77

Shtanley

Most recent episode of OSIB went out this morning. 

Chatting all about Saturday with @Olé.

Follow us on instagram + Twitter + Facebook (@osibpodcast)

Click links below to listen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/77-not-an-enjoyable-episode/id1296647791?i=1000454308233\

https://onestreaminbristol.libsyn.com/77-not-an-enjoyable-episode

Cheers x

Really interesting listen this week Stan.

As a person of mixed Asian heritage, Rob’s take on Saturday is really interesting and probably very close to my own opinion.

Don’t  beat yourself up to much mate, you can only broadcast what you feel.

Fair play lads.

Credit to you both for how you discussed the events of sat.  Balanced view and correct to call out what was unacceptable.

It’s a difficult mix- politics and football- and it’s shite the far right have long tried to air their own agendas amongst us. I think it’s positive it gets more coverage these days as that means people might feel more aware before spouting these bollocks opinions...(hopefully)....

Good we’re back in action this week to put this sorry shite behind us.

COYR 

Well done @Shtanley and @Olé and thank you for another good pod cast.

It was rather a depressing listen for much of it though and the emotion from you both was palpable.

Should you have covered the non-football aspects of the game? As much as you and the 'OSIBlings' such as myself would not want to, it was unavoidable really after what's happened.

I really need to highlight @Olé in particular who I thought spoke very well: articulate, insightful, thought provoking and balanced, it was a compelling piece of podcasting. 

I'd always encourage OTIB posters and members to listen to OSIB, this one is hard going but essential listening.

4 minutes ago, One Team said:

Well done @Shtanley and @Olé and thank you for another good pod cast.

It was rather a depressing listen for much of it though and the emotion from you both was palpable.

Should you have covered the non-football aspects of the game? As much as you and the 'OSIBlings' such as myself would not want to, it was unavoidable really after what's happened.

I really need to highlight @Olé in particular who I thought spoke very well: articulate, insightful, thought provoking and balanced, it was a compelling piece of podcasting. 

I'd always encourage OTIB posters and members to listen to OSIB, this one is hard going but essential listening.

Your last point is spot on. I drive a lot so listen to a lot of different clubs podcasts. Probably 12 different ones. OSIB is quite comfortably the best. And that’s looking at it from an unbiased viewpoint, not just because it’s about my team 

I would also encourage regular listeners to become a patreon assuming one can afford it. The Facebook page for patreons is good as well

Rough listen this week lads - to be honest I put off listening until now as knew it'd be a miserable one for both footballing and non-footballing reasons.

On the football I thought you gave an honest assessment: we were shite and made Luton look like play-of contenders. I don't agree with your take on Fam though and thought he was far from our worst player. Won't go into detail on that as it's for other threads.

On the chanting - well I wasn't there so can't say much. However, you're right to cover it, and it's interesting to hear from each of you as regular attendees. Watching live football is a collective act undertaken by thousands of individuals, you'll never get them all agreeing on how to do it but it's a good thing to try.

Well done guys, it was a tough one and unfortunately "it" had to be mentioned.   As always @Olé is 100% on the money and I completely support his view on the off-field issues. 

Stanley we all knew you were a bit of a snowflake! you have mentioned it yourself before - but we love you none the less for it. however if you sit on one side of any divide, be it in politics, football or anything else, it will tend to cloud your judgement, but you spoke well. In saying that I am glad the podcast did not descend in to Orwellian chanting "2 legs bad, 4 legs good"..... or "snowflakes rule, anyone else bad" as I thought it may end up sounding like...

it was right to call it out as selfishness first and foremost (not racist, even if there were undertones of that as well). Anyone with half a brain should know that in every football crowd there will be mixed views, but surely we should all be there to support the boys on the  pitch and enjoy a friendly bit of footballing tribalism. 

My final point is we do have a section of "fruit cakes", they seem to come and go and I have often wondered which uneducated rock they have climbed out from, They seem intent of causing trouble and they are mostly cowards. they are an embarrassment to our club and Bristol. The club does need to do everything to "get rid" of them, because even if they are "loyal" and have season tickets, they will be driving away far more supporters /family's who want to come, but don't want to be part of a hateful riot when we go to a game of "bleeding" football..

I say all the above as someone who is not a snowflake, sits well to the right in terms of politics, who feels the bloke they chanted about, has been "hard done by" and should be heard and free. but I am also someone who has a beautiful Asian wife and child and I want them to be able to go anywhere in the UK and feel welcome (as they have always done home and away, when we have followed the team we love. 

Keep up the good work, there are far more good persons then bad in this world and in the City family, All families have the oddball that embarrasses everyone at gathering! it should not detract from our love of the club...

CTID & up the reds (or purples or blacks or whatever shirt the lads are wearing!)

Archived