IGNORED

Famara 'Rant'...

spudski

2 hours ago, paul_fox said:

A player like Fam shouldn't need firing up. He's a big lad and should be giving defences a hard time but in so many games he gets beaten in the air a lot, knocked off the ball and doesn't move much. And surely he can improve his touch with some training sessions? If he could improve his control and run at defenders he'd be hard to play against 

O’Driscoll once said that players ability to control and pass is what it is at around 21 years of age. After that you can’t really improve it. What you can improve is their footballing brain, movement, patterns of play and the like.  I’ve thought a lot about that since and as he is a top coach and I’m not maybe he is correct and if he is that means Fam is as good as he gets in those areas 

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Most of us have been saying that since he came here, but he won’t get better without good support and I think that was the issue Saturday, he got taken off when his most consistent provider came on, most of us agree that Elliasson should start, the best crosser we have, ok defensively he still has to improve but we need more goals! Palmer seems to be echoing the same failings as a number of recent loanees that have become permanent, showed lots of promise on loan and then.......one for the Psychologists perhaps!

Elliasson has never managed a consistent 90 minutes - I think that's why he's mainly used as an impact sub.

In Palmer's case I think we're seeing exactly the player we had on loan.

28 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Elliasson has never managed a consistent 90 minutes - I think that's why he's mainly used as an impact sub.

In Palmer's case I think we're seeing exactly the player we had on loan.

Palmer, yes a player who, once signed,  with preparation and improved fitness would be the Messiah, not happening though!

Almost every time he tries his fancy footwork the opposing player stands off and robs him when he breaks.

too slow and inconsistent no end effect too often.

Elliasson, impact yes but he is able to disrupt defences and we don’t have another player that can do that and provide the killer pass, so why are we having to wait until the game is gone before he gets his chance?  It’s crazy football when we play a lumbering 9 with no proper support! Luton we took that 9 off when we introduced that supporting  player, sorry but that’s a coach running out of ideas.

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Palmer, yes a player who, once signed,  with preparation and improved fitness would be the Messiah, not happening though!

Almost every time he tries his fancy footwork the opposing player stands off and robs him when he breaks.

Elliasson, impact yes but he is able to disrupt defences and we don’t have another player that can do that and provide the killer pass, so why are we having to wait until the game is gone before he gets his chance?  It’s crazy football when we play a lumbering 9 with no proper support! Luton we took that 9 off when we introduced that supporting  player, sorry but that’s a coach running out of ideas.

Palmer and Elliason both still young: Both also nearly fantastic. Could well progress quickly from here 

6 hours ago, dave36 said:

Don’t forget that Palmer is only 22 . 

14 hours ago, RedDave said:

He was awful on Saturday. My biggest annoyance is inconsistency. Much rather a 7/10 every week than a player who is 9 one week and 5 the next 

That's easy to solve. 

Play him one week, drop him the next and so on...

Guaranteed 9/10 performances every time he plays :D 

As I've posted previously, LJ has every right to demand more from his players. They simply have to perform. I would agree though that there has to be a spot for Eliasson if we have Diedhiou up front.

As far as partnerships are concerned, if you're good enough then you should be able to play with anybody you're partnered with.

We never had a problem with Wilbs in that situation and I seem to recall how Peter Beadle used to play well with whoever he was partnered with.

I think there is another issue here in that we are moving up to the next level with recruiting better players and our forward line is just not up to the mark.  

Saw this on Twitter - Famara taking the time to chat to a Big Issue seller and then gave her a sizeable amount of money apparently. If that's how it transpired - what a nice thing to do. So many footballers make a big show of charity, but the small unnoticed gestures (where they don't realise they're being photographed) are more significant for me.

https://twitter.com/BcfcPezza/status/1186942996547342337?s=20

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Saw this on Twitter - Famara taking the time to chat to a Big Issue seller and then gave her a sizeable amount of money apparently. If that's how it transpired - what a nice thing to do. So many footballers make a big show of charity, but the small unnoticed gestures (where they don't realise they're being photographed) are more significant for me.

https://twitter.com/BcfcPezza/status/1186942996547342337?s=20

One of the good ones isn't he.

On 21/10/2019 at 23:12, dave36 said:

I love Elliasson - his crossing can be sublime, and certainly if he's on it no amount of defenders are going to get in the way. From what Spud has said few chances are created from crossing, but maybe with the new goal-poaching striker in we'll have a combination that pops a few goals in from them.

Anyway at time of writing all I've heard is that Moore starts and Baker is benched. I've no idea what the front of the team is looking like. I'm off out the door now. #COYR

Archived