IGNORED

Bye, Bye, FA Cup.

Roadrunner

1st round draw tonight. A team not far from me Chichester City have a bye into the 2nd round, as Bury were not included in the first round draw. So does that mean when we get to the semi finals. One team will get a bye into the final. I am hoping i have missed something?

35 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

1st round draw tonight. A team not far from me Chichester City have a bye into the 2nd round, as Bury were not included in the first round draw. So does that mean when we get to the semi finals. One team will get a bye into the final. I am hoping i have missed something?

Good to see that Chichester are making a donation to the organisation involved with the continuation of Bury FC ...

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Why would one team get a bye in the semis ? I’m confused!

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

You've missed something.

There won't be a bye every round, this is the only time there will be one.

Normally, 48 league teams enter round 1, as well as 32 qualifiers. 40 matches.

However, as there are only 47 league teams now, one match is missing an opponent, so that team gets a bye. There is 39 matches.

The subsequent round continues as normal with the 39 round 1 winners and the 1 bye team, making the usual 20 matches.

23 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Why would one team get a bye in the semis ? I’m confused!

They won't. OP is confused.

I presume they think there must be a bye every round, but that isn't how it works, clearly.

Archived