IGNORED

CATS to Cardiff - sold out before disabled patrons can call

sephjnr

What it says on the tin. One day before the phone lines are supposed to be open (n.b. disabled + carers can't book online) we called the ground for disabled tix and 5 coaches are sold out already. We've been told someone will call back between 3 and 5 so nothing yet, and there's no news of more being laid on.

Staggering the booking procedure like this is a very poor show as in spite of the nature of the fixture accessible seats should be available as soon as others are.

Not happy.

This is an ongoing issue and it really needs to be sorted out. Tickets go on sale to season tickets Holders online but for some strange reason they can’t manage to allow disabled season ticket holders to do that so they have to phone up and wait in a queue for ages. If they aren’t going to allow disabled tickets to be bought online then they should at least sort out a way that they can buy a ticket without having to stay on the phone for an hour.

They are discriminating against disabled fans - I used to have a disabled ST, when the online system first came in and S T's went on sale the process was : Able bodied fans could buy online or by phone.Disabled had to go to the ground and queue up. Think about that for a moment....people who can walk freely can sit in their armchair and phone or go online...people who may well have difficulty walking/standing or need help getting to AG have to travel and stand in a queue! 

Kafka- esque and surreal but it seems not a lot of thought goes into these arrangements. I believe there is a disability officer ( used to be Nick Lloyd) but that was years ago who should be contactable.

That is pretty shocking stuff.

You would image that between the ticket office (or supporter services as they like to be known), the SLO and the fella they have as lead for supporters who are less abled, they would have that covered long before they started flogging coach tickets.

I would guess that they will lay on another coach when they realise they've dropped a bollock on this.

I am disabled ST Holder too and also I cannot hear the phone because I am profoundly deaf. It took my dad  to wait on the phone  for 35 mins to get tickets for Cardiff and WBA yesterday (Monday) morning. 
It would have be more easier for Disabled ST holder to use online rather than phone. So, where is the equal? I do get fed up for being treat like second class citizen in these days. 

• Admin

I assume that there are always small numbers of tickets available? 

In my opinion they should go on sale BEFORE any others and make sure the handful of supporters are properly catered for 

Hopefully like the recent ticket fiasco with lack of notice given lessons can be learnt PDQ and put right 

18 minutes ago, BCFC76 said:

I am disabled ST Holder too and also I cannot hear the phone because I am profoundly deaf. It took my dad  to wait on the phone  for 35 mins to get tickets for Cardiff and WBA yesterday (Monday) morning. 
It would have be more easier for Disabled ST holder to use online rather than phone. So, where is the equal? I do get fed up for being treat like second class citizen in these days. 

Do you know if the club embrace technology that gives you the independence to text-to-talk?

It might be something that between SCAT and the SLO they could possibly champion for you, we did (collectively) get told for a number of years that a new telephone system was being installed, so I assume they embraced tech that was inclusive.

As a complete aside, I saw some guy facetime his mate from the pub the other day, their conversations appeared to be entirely signed, which I thought was great, as (and i had never considered the practical benefits of video calling, to my shame) a wonderful example of how technology is probably helping a lot of people who might have felt isolated, engage.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't know if it is still in date but I recall there was someone to do with disability or fan services or something, don't remember the role, called Gareth Torpy? Been mentioned on here before.

He's meant to be quite good- does anyone know if he's still at the club or in a similar role- maybe worth contacting.

That's him. He is still there. Helpful chap.

Update: The SLO has been in touch and the club is trying to arrange for larger coaches. Disabled patrons should call when tickets are first made available online (this is not noted on the ticket posts by the club, however, and IMO should be).

Standard for City. 

Just another example of how disabled people are treated. If you think this type of thing is unusual think again. 

I'm currently renewing my son's blue badge. His circumstances are unchanged and, due to his condition, will only ever worsen. You'd think a renewal a) would be automatic and b) if required would take just a few days or maybe a week or two? No - 3 months. 

I didn't realise and only requested a renewal a month ago. Existing one ran out today and the council simply say I may have to wait a further 2 months. 

The world is a far bigger **** hole that you'd ever imagine for the disabled and the UK is just about the worst place in Western Europe. 

6 hours ago, sephjnr said:

Update: The SLO has been in touch and the club is trying to arrange for larger coaches. Disabled patrons should call when tickets are first made available online (this is not noted on the ticket posts by the club, however, and IMO should be).

The management team have arranged a meeting to discuss the issue. 

The day after the Cardiff match ?

21 hours ago, phantom said:

I assume that there are always small numbers of tickets available? 

In my opinion they should go on sale BEFORE any others and make sure the handful of supporters are properly catered for 

Hopefully like the recent ticket fiasco with lack of notice given lessons can be learnt PDQ and put right 

Please don't bring rocket science in to this.. 

Archived