IGNORED

Mo Eisa - the clinical striker we are missing?

bcfcnick

7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Jonathan Kodjia mark II then,  according to those in the know

Not sure about that! Kodjia was very strong and very skillful. 

Eisa seems to be a finisher at league one level with a bit of pace.

Only from what I have gathered so far this season from what I have read.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Clearly you are obsessed with AW. Hope for your sake he doesnt move!

No , I’m not - He’s not perfect, but if he was he wouldn’t be playing for us

What I do like about him and any player that puts on our shirt in the same way

Tremendous Professional who leaves everything on the pitch every time I watch him and there’s not been that many of those that I’ve witnessed in half a century

A team player who as I said will do whatever job is asked of him and some , and sacrifice any ego or personal gain for the teams benefit

That gives the player a very positive start for me before he even kicks a ball

if you want an out and out goalscorer there is better about , try finding another who gets the goals he does and with the same work ethic for the teams benefit (Certainly not his)

if you’ve ever managed you will know how vital it is to have one or two Weimmans who will give their all , whatever form or mood they are in

Those that can’t see what he does provide are not watching the whole game picture and then you get posters making statements about him , like today , who watched the game so closely they can’t even credit him for the things he’d did excellently , trying to give the credit to the wrong player

If you’re going to try & be critical it helps to at least get your facts right

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , I’m not - He’s not perfect, but if he was he wouldn’t be playing for us

What I do like about him and any player that puts on our shirt in the same way

Tremendous Professional who leaves everything on the pitch every time I watch him and there’s not been that many of those that I’ve witnessed in half a century

A team player who as I said will do whatever job is asked of him and some , and sacrifice any ego or personal gain for the teams benefit

Those that can’t see what he does provide are not watching the whole game picture and then you get posters making statements about him , like today , who watched the game so closely they can’t even credit him for the things he’d did excellently , trying to give the credit to the wrong player

If you’re going to try & be critical it helps to at least get your facts right

I thought you were on about the Fam chance in the first half which came from NE.

18 minutes ago, Super said:

I thought you were on about the Fam chance in the first half which came from NE.

Let’s ring, the bell on  particular debate t , but I , in fairness, would remind you of your sweeping statement that started the debate

4 hours ago, Super said:

Weimann runs a lot but it doesnt matter to some that he produces sod all! 

That’s a sweeping statement that simply isn’t true 

Criticise and explain why by all means 

I try not to get pulled in anymore but it’s  heading towards the  type of comments   ‘Player A is dogshit’

Well I can’t think of any player who that is accurate about - they may not be great or even good, or even average but there’s probably not a professional footballer who can be accurately described as ‘dogshit’ 

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

My point is even a mid table league one set of fans don't think he should be in their team. So all those that said we should have kept him maybe wrong.

I think he's got 13 goals this season so nearly double the tally of any of our strikers and only one of those are penalties.  

Yes, he's 'just' a fairly pacy and clinical finisher but we could have done with that v Shrewsbury and also Barnsley.  The likes of Lineker (obviously a different level), Tony Thorpe and even Bob Taylor were mainly penalty box finishers. Nothing wrong with that but LJ likes his 'busy bees' up front and Eisa isn't a busy bee.  He's not really a fox on the box either as a lot of his goals come from running with pace (and skill) from well outside the box. Maybe a bit selfish at times but aren't all goal scorers?

I think it's wrong to say he's just a league 1 finisher as those with a natural eye for goal (especially if they have a bit of pace) can often run right through the leagues and continue to have a good goals to games ration if given the opportunity. We just don't know as I suspect he was a Mark Ashton choice rather than a LJ pick hence he wasn't given a run of games as he wasn't an LJ type of player.

Eisa might not be on fire now because Peterborough's playmaker (and goal scorer), Maddison, is being frozen out due to him refusing to sign a contract. All strikers need to be provided chances and he would have plenty of chances at City with the likes of Eliason and Delsilva playing. Basically Peterborough want him to sign elsewhere as his contract expires in the summer and he's holding back so he's been dropped. 

Perhaps Maddison's a target for City as two Championship Club's are interested.  We already have Palmer and Patterson so, if true,  Palmer would have to be moved on I guess.  I'd rather have Toney and Maddison than Palmer and Weimann to be honest and, yes, Eisa thrown in as well.

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Let’s ring, the bell on  particular debate t , but I , in fairness, would remind you of your sweeping statement that started the debate

That’s a sweeping statement that simply isn’t true 

Criticise and explain why by all means 

I try not to get pulled in anymore but it’s  heading towards the  type of comments   ‘Player A is dogshit’

Well I can’t think of any player who that is accurate about - they may not be great or even good, or even average but there’s probably not a professional footballer who can be accurately described as ‘dogshit’ 

Ali Dia? (that 'player' Souness signed for Southamption back in the day) came pretty close :) They'd probably have been better off signing the real thing.

7 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

I think he's got 13 goals this season so nearly double the tally of any of our strikers and only one of those are penalties.  

Yes, he's 'just' a fairly pacy and clinical finisher but we could have done with that v Shrewsbury and also Barnsley.  The likes of Lineker (obviously a different level), Tony Thorpe and even Bob Taylor were mainly penalty box finishers. Nothing wrong with that but LJ likes his 'busy bees' up front and Eisa isn't a busy bee.  He's not really a fox on the box either as a lot of his goals come from running with pace (and skill) from well outside the box. Maybe a bit selfish at times but aren't all goal scorers?

I think it's wrong to say he's just a league 1 finisher as those with a natural eye for goal (especially if they have a bit of pace) can often run right through the leagues and continue to have a good goals to games ration if given the opportunity. We just don't know as I suspect he was a Mark Ashton choice rather than a LJ pick hence he wasn't given a run of games as he wasn't an LJ type of player.

Eisa might not be on fire now because Peterborough's playmaker (and goal scorer), Maddison, is being frozen out due to him refusing to sign a contract. All strikers need to be provided chances and he would have plenty of chances at City with the likes of Eliason and Delsilva playing. Basically Peterborough want him to sign elsewhere as his contract expires in the summer and he's holding back so he's been dropped. 

Perhaps Maddison's a target for City as two Championship Club's are interested.  We already have Palmer and Patterson so, if true,  Palmer would have to be moved on I guess.  I'd rather have Toney and Maddison than Palmer and Weimann to be honest and, yes, Eisa thrown in as well.

Isn't Matty Taylor scoring plenty in league one? It's a different, much easier league.

Like you say when Maddison is laying them on a plate for Eisa, he's scoring goals.

That video you show is him in an even worse standard that is league two.

My point is people that are watching him every week do not rate him even at the lower level of league one.

23 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Diedhiou would score 25 goals in league one. The standard is much worse 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Isn't Matty Taylor scoring plenty in league one? It's a different, much easier league.

Like you say when Maddison is laying them on a plate for Eisa, he's scoring goals.

That video you show is him in an even worse standard that is league two.

My point is people that are watching him every week do not rate him even at the lower level of league one.

For every Matty Taylor I could cite many more lower league goal scorers who have succeeded.  The point is that we don't know as he wasn't given a fair chance as he wasn't played.

Yes, we agree,  re. Maddison, strikers need chances provided and Eisa would have got them at City.  I have no doubt whatsoever he would have finished many more than Fammy and Weimann.  He would have lacked other attributes that they have in their games though.  But if we are debating whether he would have put more chances away than our current strikers then I am convinced he would.

Re. the video, you are being very harsh. It shows he has pace,  good dribbling skills and a natural instinct for goal. He cant' do anymore than excel at the level where he is given an opportunity and, where he isn't given an opportunity, it's premature to dismiss him at that level.

On your logic you would never take a chance on lower league striker so many lower league players who have excelled in the Championship and higher would have been rejected as 'only good enough for league 1'.

I don't think you have really watched him particularly closely as in an earlier post you were dismissing him as just a penalty box finisher and he actually starts a lot of his goals by dribbling and running at defenders with pace and finding space from outside the box.  

28 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

For every Matty Taylor I could cite many more lower league goal scorers who have succeeded.  The point is that we don't know as he wasn't given a fair chance as he wasn't played.

Yes, we agree,  re. Maddison, strikers need chances provided and Eisa would have got them at City.  I have no doubt whatsoever he would have finished many more than Fammy and Weimann.  He would have lacked other attributes that they have in their games though.  But if we are debating whether he would have put more chances away than our current strikers then I am convinced he would.

Re. the video, you are being very harsh. It shows he has pace,  good dribbling skills and a natural instinct for goal. He cant' do anymore than excel at the level where he is given an opportunity and, where he isn't given an opportunity, it's premature to dismiss him at that level.

On your logic you would never take a chance on lower league striker so many lower league players who have excelled in the Championship and higher would have been rejected as 'only good enough for league 1'.

I don't think you have really watched him particularly closely as in an earlier post you were dismissing him as just a penalty box finisher and he actually starts a lot of his goals by dribbling and running at defenders with pace and finding space from outside the box.  

No my point is you are saying he can finish because of clips of league two footage. And fans that watch Eisa every week in league one say he isn't good enough. So based on him not apparently good enough for a league one mid table side, there's no way he's good enough for a top half championship side. That's going on those that watch him and call him lazy and weak.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

No my point is you are saying he can finish because of clips of league two footage. And fans that watch Eisa every week in league one say he isn't good enough. So based on him not apparently good enough for a league one mid table side, there's no way he's good enough for a top half championship side. That's going on those that watch him and call him lazy and weak.

Nope, I am saying he can quite *possibly* finish at Championship level because he has finished at every level where he has been given the opportunity. I am saying he is an instinctive finisher at every level he has played but is a player who might lack other work rate attributes needed for game time in a LJ team. 

I am saying it's unfair to say so emphatically that he couldn't do it at Championship level because you simply don't know. He has pace, dribbling skills, greed on the ball and an eye for goal.  Not a bad combination for a goal scorer at any level. 

He's also come into the professional game late and there does seem to be a certain hunger and subsequent success through the leagues for many players who do that.

You seem to be citing the league 2 clip as meaning he can't do it at a higher level. Well, he's already dismissed that logic already in league 1 and, as I have pointed out, many past league 1 instinctive goal scorers can also do it in the Championship.  

The essence of your point seems to be that because a few disgruntled Peterborough forum posters (I think they have picked up one point out of 15 so they are going to be hacked off generally) have had a dig at Eisa on a forum then that represents the consensus view of the entire Peterborough fan base.  It also means their view should be taken as gospel and proves he can't succeed at a higher level.  That's an odd argument to make and probably incorrect assumption.  Fans are fickle and if Eisa scores a hat-trick next week there will be some saying we have to say no to offers for him if they come from the Premiership! It doesn't mean they would be right about that either.

48 minutes ago, bcfcnick said:

Nope, I am saying he can quite *possibly* finish at Championship level because he has finished at every level where he has been given the opportunity. I am saying he is an instinctive finisher at every level he has played but is a player who might lack other work rate attributes needed for game time in a LJ team. 

I am saying it's unfair to say so emphatically that he couldn't do it at Championship level because you simply don't know. He has pace, dribbling skills, greed on the ball and an eye for goal.  Not a bad combination for a goal scorer at any level. 

He's also come into the professional game late and there does seem to be a certain hunger and subsequent success through the leagues for many players who do that.

You seem to be citing the league 2 clip as meaning he can't do it at a higher level. Well, he's already dismissed that logic already in league 1 and, as I have pointed out, many past league 1 instinctive goal scorers can also do it in the Championship.  

The essence of your point seems to be that because a few disgruntled Peterborough forum posters (I think they have picked up one point out of 15 so they are going to be hacked off generally) have had a dig at Eisa on a forum then that represents the consensus view of the entire Peterborough fan base.  It also means their view should be taken as gospel and proves he can't succeed at a higher level.  That's an odd argument to make and probably incorrect assumption.  Fans are fickle and if Eisa scores a hat-trick next week there will be some saying we have to say no to offers for him if they come from the Premiership! It doesn't mean they would be right about that either.

My view is from those Peterborough fans that have seen him. Even when he was scoring a lot one told me he isn't championship quality. Just giving their views which are better than any of ours that haven't seen him much.

He might be able to finish at any level. I expect Brett Pitman could still finish a chance at any level. Doesn't mean he would be good enough for us. Finishing is just one a striker has to do.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

My view is from those Peterborough fans that have seen him. Even when he was scoring a lot one told me he isn't championship quality. Just giving their views which are better than any of ours that haven't seen him much.

He might be able to finish at any level. I expect Brett Pitman could still finish a chance at any level. Doesn't mean he would be good enough for us. Finishing is just one a striker has to do.

Matty Taylor 1 in 2 for Rovers

1 in 7 for us.

Must be LJ's fault and absolutely nothing to do with the step in quality /s

Both the current strikers are 1/3 ish and do lots of other things. Fam holding up the ball and at defensive set plays. Weimann's work ethic..

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

Diedhiou would score 25 goals in league one. The standard is much worse 

Unlikely given his conversion stats.  Diedhou is a 5m to 10m (China money) footballer.  You are saying Diedhiou might match the goal scoring rate of Eisa in league 1 which seems to suggest we sold the latter too cheaply without giving him a chance.

I see you are also putting forward league 1 Jordon Shipley as a potentially decent signing despite City having a surfeit of players in this position.  Is the claimed massive step up to the Championship too hard for strikers but not so for attacking midfielders?

6 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Ali Dia? (that 'player' Souness signed for Southamption back in the day) came pretty close :) They'd probably have been better off signing the real thing.

Even he was a pro, albeit abroad:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

4 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

interesting debate re Eisa.  You just never know with some players.

Cheltenham goals might’ve been all about his skills.

Peterboro might be because the service isn’t suited to him, although he’s done well to get 13 goals.

Maybe at a Championship side, better service, spotting runs etc, he could score goals.

We won’t know until he gets a chance.

3 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

Unlikely given his conversion stats.  Diedhou is a 5m to 10m (China money) footballer.  You are saying Diedhiou might match the goal scoring rate of Eisa in league 1 which seems to suggest we sold the latter too cheaply without giving him a chance.

I see you are also putting forward league 1 Jordon Shipley as a potentially decent signing despite City having a surfeit of players in this position.  Is the claimed massive step up to the Championship too hard for strikers but not so for attacking midfielders?

I put Shipley up as was told we were in for him

Diedhou scores 1 in 3 in the Championship so safe to assume he would score more than that in league one. Look how much Matty Taylor scores in that league compared to this one. Assombolonga another example. 23 in league one. 15 in championship. 

13 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

We couldn't sell Eisa for any more than we did because clubs probably don't think he is worth any more than 1.5 million or whatever we got for him.

21 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

He’s not a good enough finisher to score 25 goals at any level 

Archived