IGNORED

Mo Eisa - the clinical striker we are missing?

bcfcnick

30 minutes ago, Rob k said:

He’s not a good enough finisher to score 25 goals at any level 

You seriously think that?

With better service he scored a goal every 180 mins in his debut season for us. That's a goal every 2 game on average. 

He also scored 22 in 37 in ligue 2 a few years ago.

Imagine if he played in worse standards like league one or two. He would surely be far too good for those levels.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

You seriously think that?

With better service he scored a goal every 180 mins in his debut season for us. That's a goal every 2 game on average. 

He also scored 22 in 37 in ligue 2 a few years ago.

Imagine if he played in worse standards like league one or two. He would surely be far too good for those levels.

I do seriously think that - he’s not a natural finisher 

Stats show he missed 20 ‘big’ chances last season, Christ,  i can think of a further 6 this season, 4 in the last week. 

he gets given the chances alright 

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

I do seriously think that - he’s not a natural finisher 

Stats show he missed 20 ‘big’ chances last season, Christ,  i can think of a further 6 this season, 4 in the last week. 

he gets given the chances alright 

But surely 22 goals in 37 in ligue 2 (better than English league 1surely) shows he would be able to score just 3 more at a lower level. And in a league with more teams and more games.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But surely 22 goals in 37 in ligue 2 (better than English league 1surely) shows he would be able to score just 3 more at a lower level. And in a league with more teams and more games.

I wouldn’t bet on it.  Ligue1 has some good clubs obviously, but it is pretty crap mid-table and below...Champ level?  Ligue 2 probably a few clubs at Champ, then you start to drop into Lg1 level.  I’d say about the same.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wouldn’t bet on it.  Ligue1 has some good clubs obviously, but it is pretty crap mid-table and below...Champ level?  Ligue 2 probably a few clubs at Champ, then you start to drop into Lg1 level.  I’d say about the same.

A good comparison is Kodjia who most would say is or was a quality goalscorer at championship level. He scored 15 in 29 at ligue 2 level, which is worse than Fam's season of 22 in 37.

So if it was league one standard or even worse then I imagine Kodjia would have destroyed it. It was only the season before he came to us so wasn't a very young player.

Obviously Kodjia came here and got 20 odd for us..Fam hasn't managed that.

But then Fam did miss loads of games in that first season and had a pretty amazing goal statistic of a goal in 2 when looking at per minutes.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

A good comparison is Kodjia who most would say is or was a quality goalscorer at championship level. He scored 15 in 29 at ligue 2 level, which is worse than Fam's season of 22 in 37.

So if it was league one standard or even worse then I imagine Kodjia would have destroyed it. It was only the season before he came to us so wasn't a very young player.

But then Fam did miss loads of games in that first season and had a pretty amazing goal statistic of a goal in 2 when looking at per minutes.

Hard to compare.  Different type of football.  One player might be better suited to Ligue2 than another, but the other thrive over here.

Can imagine Kodjia being booted all over the place in Ligue 2, it’s very cynical and defenders don’t get punished by refs, even if they are crap.  They get away with murder.  He might have stayed away from trouble and played on the periphery?  When you look at him for us, it’s not easy to understand why he didn’t rip Ligue 2 apart.

i watched a lot of Fam in Ligue 1, Kodjia got Angers promoted.

The joys of football.

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Forget the stats for a moment - when Fam is is in front of goal do you think he’s going to score? 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hard to compare.  Different type of football.  One player might be better suited to Ligue2 than another, but the other thrive over here.

Can imagine Kodjia being booted all over the place in Ligue 2, it’s very cynical and defenders don’t get punished by refs, even if they are crap.  They get away with murder.  He might have stayed away from trouble and played on the periphery?  When you look at him for us, it’s not easy to understand why he didn’t rip Ligue 2 apart.

i watched a lot of Fam in Ligue 1, Kodjia got Angers promoted.

The joys of football.

Fam played for a poor team didn't he in Angers when in ligue 1?

So the 8 goals or whatever it was he scored might have been more if he'd been in a better team. I remember reading a Angers fan saying Fam and the other striker were their only decent players in that relegation season.

Agree it's hard to compare. Different styles of play.

But going back to that guys point on Fam. Obviously he would score 25 in a much poorer standard. How about French third tier at least! Conference!?

4 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Forget the stats for a moment - when Fam is is in front of goal do you think he’s going to score? 

I do as much as I think Weimann is going to score. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Both not amazing finishers as they miss chances. 

But then Matty Taylor would miss chances. And he now puts them away it seems like he did before when down a level.

Fam would get more space, more time, have easier battles against worse defenders. He would be far better in a lower league than championship like any striker.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I do as much as I think Weimann is going to score. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Both not amazing finishers as they miss chances. 

But then Matty Taylor would miss chances. And he now puts them away it seems like he did before when down a level.

Fam would get more space, more time, have easier battles against worse defenders. He would be far better in a lower league than championship like any striker.

Possibly - but you can either finish or you can’t and for me he is not a natural finisher so will struggle in any division 

Matty Taylor could finish and if given the chances Famara has missed this season I think he would have scored more 

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

We couldn't sell Eisa for any more than we did because clubs probably don't think he is worth any more than 1.5 million or whatever we got for him.

Correct, clubs are obviously not going to pay anymore for a player given a few outings in the under 23's who wasn't been given a reasonable chance to impress. Under the circumstances, MA did well to recoup the fee.  Peterborough are renowned for being savvy in the transfer market and spotting value. I don't doubt they will sell Eisa for significant profit at some stage.

Mo Eisa looks the more natural and instinctive finisher to me but Fam is a decent 12 to 15 goal a season championship striker so I'm not knocking him.  City provided strikers and Fam in particular with abundant chances last season so that a main striker should really have a better tally. 

Fam did hit the woodwork a fair bit but he misses too many he should put away for that just to be regular bad luck.  He does help out a lot with set pieces in defence and puts in a shift so he's a committed team player but probably one we need to upgrade.  Oddly enough, he seems to be much more consistent in winning aerial duals from defence compared with long balls played to him in attack. 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fam played for a poor team didn't he in Angers when in ligue 1?

not really.  Were pushing European places til Xmas, before falling to mid-table.  Not big goalscorers, but tough to score against.

So the 8 goals or whatever it was he scored might have been more if he'd been in a better team. I remember reading a Angers fan saying Fam and the other striker were their only decent players in that relegation season.

Toto-Ekambi up top who then went to Villarreal for big money the following season.

A young Pepe (Arsenal) breaking through

Cheikh N’Doye who went to Brum that summer

Agree it's hard to compare. Different styles of play.

But going back to that guys point on Fam. Obviously he would score 25 in a much poorer standard. How about French third tier at least! Conference!?

Ha-ha.  You’d hope, just football doesn't work like that.  Was looking at Andre Gray’s stats earlier, how come he didn’t smash it at Hinkley before Luton?  How the hell did Keith Curle go from almost transferring from a Rovers to Torquay to becoming an England International?  Bonkers mate.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well I got that Angers thing wrong!

Must be confused with some other season they had or maybe I'm thinking of some completely other French team and striker!

I genuinely believe Fam could score 20 at this level. Not saying he will, but he showed in that first season that he can score very regularly.

It would be amazing if he could prove everyone wrong. Obviously that's all we all want anyway whatever player.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Must be confused with some other season they had or maybe I'm thinking of some completely other French team and striker!

I genuinely believe Fam could score 20 at this level. Not saying he will, but he showed in that first season that he can score very regularly.

It would be amazing if he could prove everyone wrong. Obviously that's all we all want anyway whatever player.

Told you I watched them a lot, highlights, twitter stuff, the odd Eurosport magazine type programme.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Nothing I’d like more mate 

Archived