IGNORED

Wigan home - why 1:30KO on Sunday?

old_eastender

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Apologies if I have missed this, but why the Sunday kick-off and not Saturday 3pm as usual?

From a City piece on the website

'The fixture has been rescheduled from Saturday, October 26th, allowing the team more recovery time following the Charlton Athletic game on Wednesday, October 23rd.'

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Odd how it's always us or always seems to be us who has to shift, isn't it?

Not that it is necessarily that in this case but it does usually seem to be us who make way in the event of a clash, or has been of late?

I don't believe it's down to rest. Lots of teams playing all over Europe tonight and are still playing on Saturday and the same with teams in our league like WAT mentioned above

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not that it is necessarily that in this case but it does usually seem to be us who make way in the event of a clash, or has been of late?

Apparently the tv is even better in a Wednesday evening than a Tuesday and so too many Wednesday home fixtures would put the Gas out of business. That’s what the EFL said when I rang them this morning.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You could argue that we have moved twice for them this week - would be interesting to see how the discussions went on who was moving their games this week

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

You could argue that we have moved twice for them this week - would be interesting to see how the discussions went on who was moving their games this week

Yep quite- twice in a week!

I don't mind Wednesday fixtures FWIW, Sunday ones I'm not keen on, but seems a pretty unequal application- one for @JulieH ? As doubtless the police would've had a say.

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

The channel after the game, with the red button icon next to it indicate that it's on TV.

Surely whoever asked about the red button was talking about the Wigan game weren't they and not tonights? Which it isn't according to that link and clicking on Championship fixtures (if they were).

6 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Surely whoever asked about the red button was talking about the Wigan game weren't they and not tonights? Which it isn't according to that link and clicking on Championship fixtures (if they were).

Yes.  Tonight’s is on but I don’t think Wigan is as it’s not on Sky’s televised list.  

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Don’t get the more rest argument, for we’ve a few Wednesday Saturday fixtures coming up but haven’t moved them. Plus it seems rest of league can play Saturday who play tonight.

Personal choice of staff you'd think, if we had Wednesday/Saturday we'd need a recovery day tomorrow with little training and then straight into a pre match day on Friday, moving the game to Sunday allows a day of pure rest in there as well.

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Wednesday - Saturday is entirely ordinary scheduling so I find the "additional recovery time" curious to say the least.

It’s not curious or questionable. 
Weds-Sun IS more recovery time than Weds-Sat. Fact!

Just because other teams aren’t doing, doesn’t alter the fact that it does give us an extra days recovery time. 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Personal choice of staff you'd think, if we had Wednesday/Saturday we'd need a recovery day tomorrow with little training and then straight into a pre match day on Friday, moving the game to Sunday allows a day of pure rest in there as well.

Anyone know how well the tickets for Wigan are shifting ?

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

Will it be on the red button / Robins TV for UK viewers?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Yes on the red button in SD

59 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Available in HD on Sky Q.

57 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

Is it? Not listed on Sky Sports’ website.

55 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

49 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

I think that’s the fixtures list rather than the list of televised games unfortunately. Delighted to be proved wrong though!

47 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

The channel after the game, with the red button icon next to it indicate that it's on TV.

Going back to the OP, it was a question of the time of 1.30pm rather than 3.00pm on Sunday.  I also think these early Sunday kick offs are a pain, but in this case will take some comfort in the fact that the clocks go back this weekend, so it will sort of feel (body-clock wise) like a 2.30pm kick off, so I won't have to drag myself out of bed too early!   For some reason I usually feel like crap on a Sunday morning, never really worked out why?!

Archived