IGNORED

Fam

JBFC II

More impressed with those from here that have donated to the little Rovers lad who needs life saving surgery rather than a overpaid footballer making an effort

@bristolcitysweden in particular a serial donater to such causes and somebody who should be heralded 

Each to their own - All relative

The fact that the money is likely to have gone straight on heroin is irrelevant I guess

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

More impressed with those from here that have donated to the little Rovers lad who needs life saving surgery rather than a overpaid footballer making an effort

The fact that the money is likely to have gone straight on heroin is irrelevant I guess

True, he should have walked straight past her...

What a negative outlook that is, and in many respects the money is irrelevant. Homeless people will so often just prefer to have someone to talk to, so we’ll done fam for giving up his time to do so. 

Im frankly astonished you’ve still managed to turn a good act against him!

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

True, he should have walked straight past her...

What a negative outlook that is, and in many respects the money is irrelevant. Homeless people will so often just prefer to have someone to talk to, so we’ll done fam for giving up his time to do so. 

Im frankly astonished you’ve still managed to turn a good act against him!

I’m heralding those that should receive it moreso 

You may want to understand a bit more about that world in time

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m heralding those that should receive it moreso 

Fair enough, but this is a thread about Fams good actions, not about anyone else. 

I don’t quite understand how you’ve managed to label his actions negatively...

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

@bristolcitysweden in particular a serial donater to such causes and somebody who should be heralded 

Instead of criticising him for not donating to a cause he likely knows nothing about, why don’t you send Fam a message on social media saying that a bunch of city followers had donated to this cause and would he be interested? He seems a pretty stand up guy. 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Fair enough, but this is a thread about Fams good actions, not about anyone else. 

I don’t quite understand how you’ve managed to label his actions negatively...

Highlighting others who are extremely, kind and generous for excellent cause is not negative

Only in your mind

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Instead of criticising him for not donating to a cause he likely knows nothing about, why don’t you send Fam a message on social media saying that a bunch of city followers had donated to this cause and would he be interested? He seems a pretty stand up guy. 

Why don’t you

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So Fam shouldn't receive some praise for helping others? Yes highlighting the donations of others is a good thing too but it shouldn't negate what Fam did

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Highlighting others who are extremely, kind and generous for excellent cause is not negative

Only in your mind

Why don’t you

No it isn’t, but saying that he shouldn’t have done it because all the money will go on heroin is. 

I know a couple of big issue sellers, one from Romania and one from Poland and I can assure you the last thing they would spend any money on is heroin.

That sort of generalisation is pretty pathetic imo, maybe if you spoke to some yourself you’d realise they aren’t all druggies and are totally normal people who have just had a tough life, in many respect having to leave loved ones behind in an attempt to support them. 

Or you could continue with your sad, uninformed views about them...

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

So Fam shouldn't receive some praise for helping others? Yes highlighting the donations of others is a good thing too but it shouldn't negate what Fam did

Where did I say so 

I just find it peculiar that some rush to publicise it with such praise for the reasons I’ve explained

Whether he was helping ultimately , is a different argument but something he would be unlikely to be alive too

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

No it isn’t, but saying that he shouldn’t have done it because all the money will go on heroin is. 

I know a couple of big issue sellers, one from Romania and one from Poland and I can assure you the last thing they would spend any money on is heroin.

That sort of generalisation is pretty pathetic imo, maybe if you spoke to some yourself you’d realise they aren’t all druggies and are totally normal people who have just had a tough life, in many respect having to leave loved ones behind in an attempt to support them. 

Or you could continue with your sad, uninformed views about them...

I’m glad you are an expert on the world of Big Issue Sellers

I am a little more

Lets agree on a high proportion

I din't think using the heroin line is great tbh Bob, but I definitely get the FACT that the little lad needs a major operation that costs a lot of money to the majority of people in the whole World. I know it isn't easy to draw the line of what the likes of footballers/wealthy people should donate to or not, but that 147k that little boy needs really is pocket change to a huge number of footballers collectively. When you read the likes of some footballers on half a million per week it makes me fooking sick when there are many out there struggling.

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You're one of those that blames Fam when we concede a corner aren't you, clown.

Where did I say so 

I just find it peculiar that some rush to publicise it with such praise for the reasons I’ve explained

Whether he was helping ultimately , is a different argument but something he would be unlikely to be alive too

I’m glad you are an expert on the world of Big Issue Sellers

I am a little more

Where did I say I was? 

I just think that generalising all big issue sellers as heroin addicts is incredibly odd, what do you have to justify that claim?

Where have I said all ?

And 30 odd years of working in amongst that world - yours ?

‘The money is likely to have gone on heroin’

I’d have thought with so much experience you’d know better than to make such sweeping statements. Sadly it seems that isn’t the case...

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

‘The money is likely to have gone on heroin’

I’d have thought with so much experience you’d know better than to make such sweeping statements. Sadly it seems that isn’t the case...

Well it is - like it or not

It appears you’re experience indicates you disagree

Rather than spend your university time on this forum you could volunteer for a local night shelter 

It may offer you some life experience

Well it is - like it or not

It appears you’re experience indicates you disagree

It does. 

Weirdly enough, not all big issue sellers are the same. I’m amazed that with 30 years experience with them you don’t know that. 

Im also amazed that with 30 years experience with the big issue (amazing that you have that much experience with a charity that’s been running for 25 years, but never mind) you’d also know about the amount of work they do with helping people with addictions, although I’m sure you thought that all through before you made your claim?

6 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Another thread gone to shit. Brilliant.

Sad really, trying to bring up some good news in what’s been a poor week for the club and @BobBobSuperBob ruins it...

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It does. 

Weirdly enough, not all big issue sellers are the same. I’m amazed that with 30 years experience with them you don’t know that. 

Im also amazed that with 30 years experience with the big issue (amazing that you have that much experience with a charity that’s been running for 25 years, but never mind) you’d also know about the amount of work they do with helping people with addictions, although I’m sure you thought that all through before you made your claim?

Sad really, trying to bring up some good news in what’s been a poor week for the club and @BobBobSuperBob ruins it...

Brilliant from somebody of so little experience 

Inner City working for over 30 years 

Your upbringing certainly hasn’t prepared you for what you have yet to encounter

ironic that all  of  the others so put out  are yet to find £5 to keep this site running , but I’ll leave you now to your attempted smart arse comments built in sand 

41 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m pretty sure that the big issue sellers are genuine cases and (could be wrong) have to be clean & sober to get those positions. 

It’s also not a competition to see who’s gesture is the better one. 
what a bitter, cynical way of viewing an act of kindness & good nature..! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure that the big issue sellers are genuine cases and (could be wrong) have to be clean & sober to get those positions. 

It’s also not a competition to see who’s gesture is the better one. 
what a bitter, cynical way of viewing an act of kindness & good nature..! 

A different opinion 

A different opinion 

But you opinion appears to be that Fam shouldn’t take a few minutes to pay attention to someone less fortunate, because there’s a boy elsewhere who needs life saving treatment...?!

And to actually find cause to criticise him for it is simply quite staggering and a very sad reflection on you.   

I sincerely hope you never find yourself down on your luck and struggling to survive. 

57 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

What a quality human being

https://mobile.twitter.com/BcfcPezza/status/1186942996547342337

Spent 5-10 minutes talking to a big issue seller before giving her some money. Only a small act but would have meant a lot to the woman, what a guy

Yes a great gesture, but why make sure a big deal out of it? I am not that up with Twitter but it looks like Famara shared the picture himself?

A greater gesture than bickering between ourselves on here will be to either donate or chat to one of these people next time we see them!

I personally always chat with a guy I see on the walk from Wilmslow station every morning, I do not expect someone to take my picture and share it, just be humane and remember we are all human beings and we know nothing about why the person is in that situation. 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Brilliant from somebody of so little experience 

Inner City working for over 30 years 

Your upbringing certainly hasn’t prepared you for what you have yet to encounter

ironic that all  of  the others so put out  are yet to find £5 to keep this site running , but I’ll leave you now to your attempted smart arse comments built in sand 

Fair play, it took you that long to talk about age. It’s normally within the first 2 or 3 posts so that must be a personal achievement. 

And experience doesn’t stop me from knowing the good the big issue does with regards to drug and alcohol addiction. And therefore how statements like yours above are totally ridiculous. 

Maybe if you for once admit you’re in the wrong stereotyping the woman, and in doing so again ruining a good thread, then we could end this...

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Yes a great gesture, but why make sure a big deal out of it? I am not that up with Twitter but it looks like Famara shared the picture himself?

No. Fam didn't share the picture himself. It looks as though a passerby took it from their car, then they posted it. 

Famara has then replied to it saying that we're all human. He's not self-promoting, just responding.

Archived