IGNORED

Fam

JBFC II

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Most wealthy communities are struggling with not leaving fellow citizens behind and politicians are completely incompetent

Yours might be.. so you speak for yourself. We have an incredible bunch of MPs over here in Britain... A real inspiration to us all.

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

More impressed with those from here that have donated to the little Rovers lad who needs life saving surgery rather than a overpaid footballer making an effort

@bristolcitysweden in particular a serial donater to such causes and somebody who should be heralded 

Each to their own - All relative

The fact that the money is likely to have gone straight on heroin is irrelevant I guess

What a ridiculous comment. Fam could’ve easily walked past and ignored this person. The fact he spoke to the big issue seller for 10 minutes which probably made their day is what matters. Also why are you assuming they all have a heroin addiction?

More impressed with those from here that have donated to the little Rovers lad who needs life saving surgery rather than a overpaid footballer making an effort

The fact that the money is likely to have gone straight on heroin is irrelevant I guess

Mate this is an outrageous comment that you need to retract.

This photo was taken in Long Ashton and I know of the lady involved. She has just had a baby and the suggestion that she is going to spend money on drugs I can say with some certainty is not true. 

She is a lovely lady that everyone in the village has a lot of time for and is out there selling the big issue come rain or shine.

30 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

What a ridiculous comment. Fam could’ve easily walked past and ignored this person. The fact he spoke to the big issue seller for 10 minutes which probably made their day is what matters. Also why are you assuming they all have a heroin addiction?

Because he’s worked with homeless people for 30 years and so therefore knows what goes through the mind of every single homeless person when they receive money,  and anyone without his life experience has an invalid and untrue viewpoint. 

At least that’s what he’s told me on this thread...

Where have I said all ?

And 30 odd years of working in amongst that world - yours ?

30 odd years experience and you've not learnt the impact that attitudes like yours have? It's irrelevant how people spend the money anyway, and you trying to create stigma around it isn't exactly helping those people is it? Maybe you should leave the sector if that's your attitude and I work in the same sector so quite happy to see the back of those views as they cause more damage than they resolve. 

Sorry for feeding into his post! Nice one by Fam and all those that take time to treat people as humans which seems to be increasingly difficult for some at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Because he’s worked with homeless people for 30 years and so therefore knows what goes through the mind of every single homeless person when they receive money,  and anyone without his life experience has an invalid and untrue viewpoint. 

Not commentating on this specific lady giving up earlier life is not very easy in general. At least in Sweden people selling "Situation Stockholm" are more or less on drugs but they are giving their best, as we all are.. 

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Hmmm.

That's not strictly true, though, is it?

My perception, from afar, is that @BobBobSuperBob has some experience in this field.

He has, perhaps, 'generalised', which is unfortunate, but please try not to denigrate him because of a misguided comment.

Archived