Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Robbored

How much?

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Have a look on the official site. Anything else is just rumour.

I’ve checked the OS - not there.

4 minutes ago, Robson said:

Cost nothing then, only the OS speaks truth. 

I’d believe it if were on the OS. That way I’d know it was accurate.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’d believe it if were on the OS. That way I’d know it was accurate.

Nearly every transfer nowadays is classed as undisclosed. 

Although the common consensus was kalas cost between 7-8 million and HNM cost 2.5 mill rising to 7

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’ve checked the OS - not there.

Why are you asking us, whatever we say is PURE SPECULATION.

And you dont like that remember

• Hmmm 1

I’m asking because my buddy asked me how much both Kalas and Massengo cost and I wasn’t sure so.....otib being a font of knowledge on all things Bristol City I thought this would be the best place to find out.

I’m asking because my buddy asked me how much both Kalas and Massengo cost and I wasn’t sure so.....otib being a font of knowledge on all things Bristol City I thought this would be the best place to find out.

So speculation is okay, when you decide it is???

• Like 2

Say that again but slower 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Riaz said:

So speculation is okay, when you decide it is???

The information I’m after is not speculation or rumour. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

But how can you be sure it is true, if it hasn't come from the official website??

This is your logic remember

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All the numbers are speculation or rumour. No one knows the exact cost. 

The answer you want is: undisclosed.

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Imaginary friend

• Haha 2

I get Robbered can be annoying at times but the way people go out of their way to try and pick a fight with him after every comment he posts is embarrasing and says more about them. Plus he's right in this case. Seeking confirmation of something that has already happened is entirely different from speculating about something that may happen. 

• Like 4
  • Aubergine 1

3 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

I get Robbered can be annoying at times but the way people go out of their way to try and pick a fight with him after every comment he posts is embarrasing and says more about them. Plus he's right in this case. Seeking confirmation of something that has already happened is entirely different from speculating about something that may 

speculate

verb

spec·u·late | \ ˈspe-kyə-ˌlāt  \

speculated; speculating

Definition of speculate

intransitive verb

1a: to meditate on or ponder a subject : REFLECT

b: to review something idly or casually and often inconclusively

2: to assume a business risk in hope of gainespecially : to buy or sell in expectation of profiting from market fluctuations

transitive verb

1: to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence : THEORIZE

2: to be curious or doubtful about : WONDERspeculates whether it will rain all vacation

Edited by Seneca the Younger

3 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

I get Robbered can be annoying at times but the way people go out of their way to try and pick a fight with him after every comment he posts is embarrasing and says more about them. Plus he's right in this case. Seeking confirmation of something that has already happened is entirely different from speculating about something that may happen. 

The answers are speculation.

So therefore he is asking us to speculate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Exactly this.

If his posts were by anyone else it would be accepted and almost ignored but once the R name is up there they seem to think they have a right to attack the poster - not the post. 

It’s the same with certain players who get picked on - like Pato, some posters continuously looking for every minor mistake but ignoring other players who also may have had a bad game.

Once the person who has been chosen as the latest incumbent to be selected for persecution leaves the club they’ll just pick on the next  ‘weakest’  player to vent their spleen and so it goes on. 

People pay their money and have a right to criticise but being so negative to the point of bullying via the keyboard achieves nothing except adding a negative feel to the club.

And no I’m not a happy clapper!

Edited by Red DNA

2 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Exactly this.

If his posts were by anyone else it would be accepted and almost ignored but once the R name is up there they seem to think they have a right to attack the poster - not the post. 

It’s the same with certain players who get picked on - like Pato, some posters continuously looking for every minor mistake but ignoring other players who also may have had a bad game.

Once the person who has been chosen as the latest incumbent to b selected for persecution leaves the club they’ll just pick on the next  ‘weakest’  player to vent their spleen and so it goes on. 

People pay their money and have a right to criticise but bing so negative to the point of bullying via the keyboard achieves nothing except adding a negative feel to the club.

He literally ruined several discussions in the transfer forum. Moaning about people speculating.

And now he's asking people to do exactly that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Using this as justification for speculation in future 

34 minutes ago, hodge said:

Using this as justification for speculation in future 

How much a player cost isn’t speculation or rumour. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Exactly this.

Once the person who has been chosen as the latest incumbent to be selected for persecution leaves the club they’ll just pick on the next  ‘weakest’  player to vent their spleen and so it goes on. 

People pay their money and have a right to criticise but being so negative to the point of bullying via the keyboard achieves nothing except adding a negative feel to the club.

He himself could always ignore replies that he's not happy with.......but that wouldn't add to his 33,000 posts would it?

1 hour ago, Colombo Robin said:

You must be the 'buddy' he's referring to...

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How much a player cost isn’t speculation or rumour. 

It’s also not publicly available information so unless you ask someone who is privy to the deal, it’s just speculation. 

Regardless of your opinions of his previous posts, here he's simply asked how much 2 players cost. A legit question 

The posters who cant resist having a dig will be the ones who later on cry that he derailed threads and "literally ruined several discussions."   Sniff 

• Like 1

CR - my victimisation stems back to many years ago when I posted a thread criticising GJ............since then pretty much everything I post gets either weaponised or twisted in such way that I end up getting stick..........:cool2:

Recently, without any other source of criticism, my grammar and spelling has been highlighted........:facepalm: You really couldn’t make it up...........:dunno:

Ive been the forum whipping boy for so long that I’ve become immune to it.

• Haha 1

Or just in this occasion its due to being a bit hypocritical asking for people to speculate on something when previously you have criticised people for speculating saying its pointless

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Or just in this occasion its due to being a bit hypocritical asking for people to speculate on something when previously you have criticised people for speculating saying its pointless

Hodge, I asked a simple question. At no point did I ask for a speculative reply. I assumed that someone on otib would know the answer - and I was right.

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seen 4 fees for Massengo- £2.7m, £7.2m, £7.6m and £8m.

That one's a real mystery!

I’m sure if it was £8m we would’ve announced him as our record signing....which was what we announced Kalas as!  So that’s one figure we can rule out (probably 😜)...plus I can’t believe we would’ve spent that much on him, based on what I think our finances allow.

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Kalas £7m

Massengo £2.7m

That’s what’s in my spreadsheet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1