Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Red Army 75

Daniel Bentley

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Best keeper I’ve seen in a Bristol City shirt . Unbelievable 

Great shot stopper and in 1 v 1 but we’re starting to see some of his flapping and errors he was prone to at Brentford. 

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Was immense again tonight, despite his I'll-timed attempt for their goal.

That save after he miskicked WOW!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bissellredhead said:

Was immense again tonight, despite his I'll-timed attempt for their goal.

That save after he miskicked WOW!

Agree . Fine margins . Also that throw in the first half

• Like 3

Horrendous decision to come out - it wasn’t even questionable, he was never getting there - and almost made another subsequent howler that he just about made up for with the save after  

But we all make mistakes and he’s earned us more points than he’s cost us, long may it continue. 

• Like 2

He's been far better than that tonight. Probably the one player I wasn't really thinking of to be honest for getting praise. One very good save when he rushed out. Big mistake on goal. 

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Then you must be a Yung 'Un ( which naturally you can't do anything about.)

In my time we've had good but only one 'great' keeper - Jan Moller who sadly was around when we truly were sh*te and amply had time to demonstrate just how good he was.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Then you must be a Yung 'Un ( which naturally you can't do anything about.)

In my time we've had good but only one 'great' keeper - Jan Moller who sadly was around when we truly were sh*te and amply had time to demonstrate just how good he was.

John shaw first keeper I watched. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

One mistake ffs get a grip 

He’s flapped and dropped quite a few in recent games and got away with it. Plus the dodgy kick tonight which he recovered. Nothing wrong with pointing it out, don’t be so soft. 

I've seen worse mistakes too. Was anyone back with him btw, I didn't see anyone? The bloke was through anyway. Fair play, if it is a mistake but big deal his other saves were of the usual quality. Well done DB.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I've seen worse mistakes too. Was anyone back with him btw, I didn't see anyone?

Yes, it was unnecessary for him to come out as there were players back covering. 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

He’s flapped and dropped quite a few in recent games and got away with it. Plus the dodgy kick tonight which he recovered. Nothing wrong with pointing it out, don’t be so soft. 

Not being soft at all ffs. He’s won and gained draws due to his saves. Keeper makes a mistake it’s usually a goal. You’re being ultra critical 

• Like 1

He was literally millimetres away from making the save, he misjudged it and it cost us a goal, but it's also hardly a howler.

It would have been a howler if he was nowhere near it- think Frankies debut s Bradford.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not being soft at all ffs. He’s won and gained draws due to his saves. Keeper makes a mistake it’s usually a goal. You’re being ultra critical 

Yep, exact thought I had when they scored was ‘that’s a clanger, but he’s earned us a lot of points with great saves so far so can’t be too harsh’. Doesn’t mean I haven’t also noticed quite a few strange errors recently, and I don’t mean standard flapping at corners. More like the one at Brentford where he dropped the ball unchallenged etc 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Brentford was a massive game for him after the season he had last time. Judge him at the end of the season. You can guarantee he’ll save us a lot more points than he’ll cost us 

Agreed. Doesn’t change the fact I’ve seen a few more of the strange things he got a bad rep for happening in the past 5 or 6 games. Was just pointing it out, not sure why you’ve taken it so badly. 

Edited by RedSA

9 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Tonight was his poorest game in a city shirt (albeit I didn’t go to Luton away...)

This is probably one of the worst posts I’ve read. Seriously 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Welch was the first keep I saw and he is far from the best in my lifetime

Im same generation as you , i would say basso skims it for me . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Yes, it was unnecessary for him to come out as there were players back covering. 

Well, I didn't see anyone in a position to tackle the guy.  If I saw it wrong, I'll admit
I could well be wrong.

Edited by AppyDAZE

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

This is probably one of the worst posts I’ve read. Seriously 

The goal was all his fault. 

He kicked the ball straight to them who nearly scored, yeah he saved that but it was his fault originally. 

His kicking wasn’t as great as usual and was slow to play the ball out. 

He wasn’t awful but it wasn’t one of his best games. 

2 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

He kicked the ball straight to them who nearly scored, yeah he saved that but it was his fault originally. 

Fair enough we all see it different . 👍🏻

1 minute ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I thought it was the correct decision to come out for their goal but the tackle was lightweight considering he got the ball first 

Agree. He also had a split second of hesitation. Which obviously all it takes 

5 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Billy mercer was very very good. Could have been great if he avoided injury.

Excellent keeper, as good as I've seen in my time watching City.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well, I didn't see anyone in a position to tackle the guy.  If I saw it wrong, I'll admit
I could well be wrong.

Stay on your line and it’s 50/50. Come for a ball and don’t get it....another story. 

It was Fielding vs Wolves all over again. Far better staying in your net and at least giving yourself a chance. Doesn’t matter how close to it you get, if it’s not 100%, stay put.

Edited by BRISTOL86

For me he’s really unlucky for the goal. Gets there first and the deflection from his tackle lands perfectly for the Charlton player. On another day it lands perfectly for Bentley. Win some lose some 

• Like 3

Seriously, anyone knocking DB tonight after the season and the saves he has made so far HAS AN AGENDA. And why you would have one is totally beyond me. End of.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Seriously, anyone knocking DB tonight after the season and the saves he has made so far HAS AN AGENDA. And why you would have one is totally beyond me. End of.

Calm down you drama queen. Nothing to do with an agenda. When you’re a keeper and you make mistakes it gets talked about. 

• Like 1

Great keeper, thing is with goalies, their mistakes more often than not end up as goals, strikers or midfielder mistakes however tend not too so doesn’t get as much attention. Who would be a keeper eh?

10 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

You forgetting the 2 brilliant saves - one where he came out and make a very difficult save look routine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Calm down you drama queen. Nothing to do with an agenda. When you’re a keeper and you make mistakes it gets talked about. 

Thanks for calling me a queen. But I beg to disagree. I know people on here don't like him and to be honest, it puzzles me as to why. Maybe you can help out.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Thanks for calling me a queen. But I beg to disagree. I know people on here don't like him and to be honest, it puzzles me as to why. Maybe you can help out.

Well come on, a bit over the top isn’t it. He made a howler, and then nearly a second shortly after. It’s gonna get talked about. Nothing to do with an agenda. I think most would agree he’s by far in credit.