IGNORED

Daniel Bentley

Red Army 75

Horrendous decision to come out - it wasn’t even questionable, he was never getting there - and almost made another subsequent howler that he just about made up for with the save after  

But we all make mistakes and he’s earned us more points than he’s cost us, long may it continue. 

He's been far better than that tonight. Probably the one player I wasn't really thinking of to be honest for getting praise. One very good save when he rushed out. Big mistake on goal. 

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Best keeper I’ve seen in a Bristol City shirt . Unbelievable 

Then you must be a Yung 'Un ( which naturally you can't do anything about.)

In my time we've had good but only one 'great' keeper - Jan Moller who sadly was around when we truly were sh*te and amply had time to demonstrate just how good he was.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Then you must be a Yung 'Un ( which naturally you can't do anything about.)

In my time we've had good but only one 'great' keeper - Jan Moller who sadly was around when we truly were sh*te and amply had time to demonstrate just how good he was.

John shaw first keeper I watched. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

One mistake ffs get a grip 

He’s flapped and dropped quite a few in recent games and got away with it. Plus the dodgy kick tonight which he recovered. Nothing wrong with pointing it out, don’t be so soft. 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

He’s flapped and dropped quite a few in recent games and got away with it. Plus the dodgy kick tonight which he recovered. Nothing wrong with pointing it out, don’t be so soft. 

Not being soft at all ffs. He’s won and gained draws due to his saves. Keeper makes a mistake it’s usually a goal. You’re being ultra critical 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not being soft at all ffs. He’s won and gained draws due to his saves. Keeper makes a mistake it’s usually a goal. You’re being ultra critical 

Yep, exact thought I had when they scored was ‘that’s a clanger, but he’s earned us a lot of points with great saves so far so can’t be too harsh’. Doesn’t mean I haven’t also noticed quite a few strange errors recently, and I don’t mean standard flapping at corners. More like the one at Brentford where he dropped the ball unchallenged etc 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Brentford was a massive game for him after the season he had last time. Judge him at the end of the season. You can guarantee he’ll save us a lot more points than he’ll cost us 

Agreed. Doesn’t change the fact I’ve seen a few more of the strange things he got a bad rep for happening in the past 5 or 6 games. Was just pointing it out, not sure why you’ve taken it so badly. 

Archived