IGNORED

Video highlights...

cityexile

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Sending off...kind of a reflection of Fammy being really fired up I think. Kind of going for the ball with a player lying on it, but still well over the line really,

Yeah, you could make an argument for the ball being there to be kicked but you can see it’s an angry lashing out type kick from Fam. Can’t see it being overturned. 

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Sending off...kind of a reflection of Fammy being really fired up I think. Kind of going for the ball with a player lying on it, but still well over the line really,

It's that third kick that does it, I think. After the first 2 it's obvious he's not going to get the ball. Right decision

Pass was sublime and the control and finish better.

There might be scope for getting that ban reduced, it wasn't violent conduct as it was on the ball so it must have been serious foul play.  I can't see how there was a serious risk of injury in that, it looks like he is trying to free the ball from the player sat on it whilst it is in play.

6 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Pass was sublime and the control and finish better.

There might be scope for getting that ban reduced, it wasn't violent conduct as it was on the ball so it must have been serious foul play.  I can't see how there was a serious risk of injury in that, it looks like he is trying to free the ball from the player sat on it whilst it is in play.

Not how I see it mate, he was simply kicking out - correct decision 

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Not how I see it mate, he was simply kicking out - correct decision 

Not sure it will work, and no one is arguing it’s a red. It is not impossible however it is viewed as serious foul play (2 match ban) rather than three matches for violent play I suppose. Best shot at least.

I didn’t think it was a red. The defender lays on the ball hes an idiot. Fam had every right to go for that ball. 

Anyone that’s played football knows that. 

Whats he meant to do? Wait nicely for the defender to decide when he wants to get up and out of the way. 

4 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

I didn’t think it was a red. The defender lays on the ball hes an idiot. Fam had every right to go for that ball. 

Whats he meant to do? Wait nicely for the defender to decide when he wants to get up and out of the way. 

Maybe not carry on kicking after the whistle has gone?

10 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

No, that is not what happened, definitely red IMHO

8 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Maybe not carry on kicking after the whistle has gone?

Exactly 

12 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

He’s not meant to kick him after the whistle has gone. Wasn’t going for the ball

“Serious foul play is a foul committed using excessive force (i.e., "the player...is deliberately or attempting to injuring his/her opponent while challenging for the ball")”

I think it turns on was he challenging for the ball?

Out of interest, maybe a ref knows, is the player told at the time whether they are sent off for serious foul play or violent conduct, or is it down to the refs report?

16 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Don’t try to kick a dead ball from the wrong side of a player lying on the ground would be my suggestion.

Archived