IGNORED

Rodri

Lez

Well impressed. Did more in about his first 7 minutes tonight than Semenyo did all game. 

Reminds me of Baldock/Taylor in his style, constantly harrying and looks to have that niggly grit about him. Showed a great touch and nearly set one up and could have scored one too. 

Looks a solid addition and surely has to start on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Thought he held the ball up and played it on quite nicely no?

Won a couple of free kicks. Movement was pretty abject.

Honestly I thought he was pretty dire all round (could be talking about anyone in the first half to be fair). 

But as I said above for me, Rodri showed more in a few minutes than Semenyo did in the 50-odd or whatever he had. 

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Thought he held the ball up and played it on quite nicely no?

Won a couple of free kicks. Movement was pretty abject.

Semenyo was quiet in the first and think he struggled to know his role. Seemed a bit better end of first half as he linked up better.

Second half it seemed he was more a lone striker with Weimann wide. Began to look very good. Was much more involved and looked strong and linked up well.

Once again like Preston game LJ made big changes in subs and formation when we looked solid, were dominating and Semenyo was looking really confident and playing well.

Not complaining now but wasn't happy with the subs at the time! We looked a bit all over the place after that for a while. Glad LJs gamble worked!

6 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I think that's very rose-tinted. 

He looked well out of his depth. The game passed him by. 

Don't you think second half he was playing well before being subbed? First half he was quiet. Weimann wasn't great either to be fair in that first half.

I still can't believe how strong Semenyo is for a 19 year old. Ridiculous.

Archived