IGNORED

Rodri

Lez

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Thought he held the ball up and played it on quite nicely no?

Won a couple of free kicks. Movement was pretty abject.

Stan, I think you need to put down your Semenyo fleshlight* for another evening. He was marginally better than he has been in recent games but he still performed below the level required. He needs to get his goal soon or I fear it could ruin him. 

*please don't google this if you're in public.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Don't you think second half he was playing well before being subbed? First half he was quiet. Weimann wasn't great either to be fair in that first half.

I still can't believe how strong Semenyo is for a 19 year old. Ridiculous.

There was improvement, sure, but not enough for my liking. And also a vast vast improvement on his appearance against Reading(?). 

He has some physical attributes that will stand him in good stead as he develops but he needs some coaching on how to read the game, for large parts of the game he just looked lost. 

Weimann wasn't great, but he was the one trying to lead the line and initiate a press. Perhaps I am less critical of him due to his effort level, he is consistently one of our hardest workers. 

I would be looking for a League One loan for Semenyo in January, provided we can fill the home grown quota with someone else, and then look to bring him back in around the first team next season.

Apologies for detailing the thread. I liked the look of Rodri and I'd start him alongside Weimann with Palmer in behind them on Sunday if we feel we can get at least an hour or so out of Rodri. 

32 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Definitely agree. Got stuck in straight away and wound up the centre backs . Seemed also to play ok with Palmer 

Liked what I saw (via Robinstv) briefly in terms of movement on Saturday, tonight I saw live what a good touch he has, his strong he is.  Exactly one of those pesky strikers I wouldn’t have liked to mark.  Hides the ball really well, and should’ve earned far more free-kicks than he did.

re bit in bold - still early days, but Palmer needs players he thinks he can give the ball to and think he has a good chance of getting it back.  He was looking for him all the time...a good sign.  Really hope this will help him get over Afobe.  I saw a bit of spark come back into Kasey’s game tonight.  Please let it continue.

29 minutes ago, Dodgy_Giefer said:

Unbelievable ball control. He could ride a wild buffalo and still hang onto the ball. ???

I think LJ referred to him on BBCRB as a sewer rat (or something rat).  

18 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Thought he held the ball up and played it on quite nicely no?

Won a couple of free kicks. Movement was pretty abject.

I thought he battled away first half, there were a couple of controls, spin inside and lay-offs that build good breaks.  Let’s put his first half performance in the context if the team first half performance.  Nobody was that great, and I thought Antoine was ok, like most others.

Second half he was much more involved in 9 minutes and at the time i was frustrated LJ subbed him off.  He’d just played a lovely ball out to O’Dowda, having sprung an attack to Weimann moments earlier.

Interesting to hear LJ say he wanted to go 41212 (Diamond) to get the FBs forward....and I can fully understand that in hindsight, having listened to his interview, so a bit of credit due there Lee.  It was apparent it helped us build attacks, even if it left us stretched massively.  He got the result tonight.  Well done, but he may have got it anyway.

13 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Stan, I think you need to put down your Semenyo fleshlight* for another evening. He was marginally better than he has been in recent games but he still performed below the level required. He needs to get his goal soon or I fear it could ruin him. 

*please don't google this if you're in public.

Reminds me, I need to clean mine. It's like cottage cheese in there.

13 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Whoever on otib came up with El Sidre, please take a bow! I think it was borrowed by a City fan on the phone in later on.

@Curr Avon is Mark on Radio Bristol....so probably him who posted on here.

11 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

There was improvement, sure, but not enough for my liking. And also a vast vast improvement on his appearance against Reading(?). 

He has some physical attributes that will stand him in good stead as he develops but he needs some coaching on how to read the game, for large parts of the game he just looked lost. 

Weimann wasn't great, but he was the one trying to lead the line and initiate a press. Perhaps I am less critical of him due to his effort level, he is consistently one of our hardest workers. 

I would be looking for a League One loan for Semenyo in January, provided we can fill the home grown quota with someone else, and then look to bring him back in around the first team next season.

Apologies for detailing the thread. I liked the look of Rodri and I'd start him alongside Weimann with Palmer in behind them on Sunday if we feel we can get at least an hour or so out of Rodri. 

I thought Weimann was immense second half.

5 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

He wssn't trying at all. At best, a statue. 28 mins in. Weimann moved wide to accommodate him. If I'm Andi, I'm fuming. The kid should be nowhere near this team or level.

I thought he was trying his hardest. Not many can run like Weimann. Rodri wasn't chasing everything like Weimann, nor was Diedhiou, were they not trying too?

Thought Rodri looked a great prospect. I loved the way a few minutes after coming on he had a tussle with a defender and literally threw him to the ground. He is strong, has good movement, holds the ball up well, good link up play. My thoughts leaving the ground were a couple more games like that and he will save us a few 'bob' in January. Sign him til the end of the season before someone else comes sniffing around him.

Semenyo. I was surprised that the substitution happened so soon, as he looked a different player in the first 9 minutes of the half.

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought Rodri looked a great prospect. I loved the way a few minutes after coming on he had a tussle with a defender and literally threw him to the ground. He is strong, has good movement, holds the ball up well, good link up play. My thoughts leaving the ground were a couple more games like that and he will save us a few 'bob' in January. Sign him til the end of the season before someone else comes sniffing around him.

Semenyo. I was surprised that the substitution happened so soon, as he looked a different player in the first 9 minutes of the half.

I really like Rodri. I even watched a whole Granada game to see what he can do. Couldn't see why he wouldn't be decent for us as he seems to have many attributes and works hard. 

He did very well yesterday and in about 60 mins of football so far he had a goal wrongly disallowed, hit the post with a decent and unlucky header and should have scored one or two last night too. So he seems to be getting in those positions.

But I would still bring in one more in January. We have 2 strikers in Weimann and Semenyo who are versatile options in different positions. We then have Diedhiou who I don't believe suits our way of playing. Rodri looks very good so far but I'd like one more. That probably means Fam doesn't make the bench, which I'm fine with as I believe we pass it better without Fam in the side.

Need to keep progressing.

Semenyo - when he was on loan and being hailed as a great prospect, it was because he looked a flair player.

My guess is that currently he is being too cautious and not trying anything risky. That’s natural, perhaps, but I think he needs to take the risk of running with the ball, not just holding it up and laying it off. Clearly then if that fails, he risks being seen as greedy and making bad decisions.

For what it’s worth, I think he is in a similar position to COD who also seems to have dropped into a default mode of playing backwards and giving the ball back to the left back. To be fair, last night he did seem to try running with the ball more often.

Archived