IGNORED

Rodri

Lez

As much as I would love Semenyo to come in and be the striker solution we need, nothing I have seen last night or in previous games makes me think he is anywhere near this level yet and would not waste a place on the bench for him. He looked lost, Weinmann was constantly having to point and tell him what to do, by which time it was too late. For a young lad, it was embarrassing his lack of effort, as he ambled over in his lazy looking running style, whilst Weinmann who is 10 years his senior ran rings around him and put in a shift. I was surprised LJ started him last night and even more surprised he did not take him off half time. 

15 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Thought he held the ball up and played it on quite nicely no?

Won a couple of free kicks. Movement was pretty abject.

Not how I saw it, offered little to nothing. No attempt to get up with play on breaks. Constantly overpowered and giving fouls away. Effectively the exact opposite of what Rhodri offered when he came on. I maintain that if we had a better "home grown" player in the squad, Semenyo would be shipped out on loan again. (Probably back to League 2)

1 hour ago, Colombo Robin said:

Very promising debut but most Wednesday fans will remember him as the player who had the best debut they have ever seen, then did absolutely nothing for 12 games until they let him go. Hoping history doesnt repeat itself, because if he can keep yesterdays standards up we have found an extremely useful addition

He was lightweight back then. Only about 23 I think. He is certainly not lightweight now going by last night. Really think he may suit Weimann. He looks like he can hold it up, but also has good movement. Technically very good too. 

41 minutes ago, UREDS_91 said:

Not how I saw it, offered little to nothing. No attempt to get up with play on breaks. Constantly overpowered and giving fouls away. Effectively the exact opposite of what Rhodri offered when he came on. I maintain that if we had a better "home grown" player in the squad, Semenyo would be shipped out on loan again. (Probably back to League 2)

Thought Semenyo was beginning to play very well just before he was subbed. Massive improvement second half. Hope he continues to play more like that. At 19 it's scary to think how good he might be in a few years.

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

As much as I would love Semenyo to come in and be the striker solution we need, nothing I have seen last night or in previous games makes me think he is anywhere near this level yet and would not waste a place on the bench for him. He looked lost, Weinmann was constantly having to point and tell him what to do, by which time it was too late. For a young lad, it was embarrassing his lack of effort, as he ambled over in his lazy looking running style, whilst Weinmann who is 10 years his senior ran rings around him and put in a shift. I was surprised LJ started him last night and even more surprised he did not take him off half time. 

I didn't even see a lack of effort from him. Don't quite understand the few that say that. He was chasing things the best he could. Not everyone is Andi Weimann.

1 hour ago, Colombo Robin said:

Very promising debut but most Wednesday fans will remember him as the player who had the best debut they have ever seen, then did absolutely nothing for 12 games until they let him go. Hoping history doesnt repeat itself, because if he can keep yesterdays standards up we have found an extremely useful addition

History won’t repeat itself because Rodri made his debut v Luton so this was his second appearance and he was better last night.

Panic  not .

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

scary to think how good he might be in a few years.

.. Really,,,is that what you really think or just that feels like the right thing to say in the supportive sense as he's a young player??....what are you actually seeing?

Should be nowhere near the first team & if we had a better option currently to remain compliant nor would he be.

17 hours ago, Coppello said:

Stan, I think you need to put down your Semenyo fleshlight* for another evening.

*please don't google this if you're in public.

We all spend our spare time commenting on a message board, we all know what one is without Google's help.

18 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

.. Really,,,is that what you really think or just that feels like the right thing to say in the supportive sense as he's a young player??....what are you actually seeing?

Should be nowhere near the first team & if we had a better option currently to remain compliant nor would he be.

You obviously haven't seen much of him.

14 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought Rodri looked a great prospect. I loved the way a few minutes after coming on he had a tussle with a defender and literally threw him to the ground. He is strong, has good movement, holds the ball up well, good link up play. My thoughts leaving the ground were a couple more games like that and he will save us a few 'bob' in January. Sign him til the end of the season before someone else comes sniffing around him.

Semenyo. I was surprised that the substitution happened so soon, as he looked a different player in the first 9 minutes of the half.

Just watched all his interactions on Wyscout.  Overall it wasn’t up to the mark, but nor were most of the team 1st half.  In those 9 second half minutes he did more than the previous 45.  I definitely think he has something, there are little things he does that are v.good...just not doing them often enough.  It’s no disgrace to not be quite ready at the mo’, at 19. I would rather he stayed around the squad, he’s club developed too.  Get minutes, games here and there, that’s fine.

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He was lightweight back then. Only about 23 I think. He is certainly not lightweight now going by last night. Really think he may suit Weimann. He looks like he can hold it up, but also has good movement. Technically very good too. 

I mentioned elsewhere - he might be Palmer’s spark.  Palmer needs someone he can play a ball into and be confident he can make a run and get it back.  Palmer has been quiet for the last few appearances, but last night, once he realised he coukd pop a ball off and get it back, he stopped trying to beat his man over and over.  It was do enough to get the edge over his man, pop it off, and go and get it, but 10 yards further on.  Watch the goal.7C073AC9-1867-4A94-9017-C0C797D4802F.jpeg.e2f730a0324c20dc5d9b73655be5ceec.jpeg

1. Little pass from Palmer to O’Dowda

2. O’Dowda turns it round the corner, back to Palmer

3. Palmer pass into Rodri, who holds off his man under real pressure

4. Rodri pops it off to Palmer

5. Palmer great vision to spot Briwnhill

6. Brownhill

That is how we see the best of Palmer. More please.

17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Thought Semenyo was beginning to play very well just before he was subbed. Massive improvement second half. Hope he continues to play more like that. At 19 it's scary to think how good he might be in a few years.

Don't see it myself. He didn't to do much in the first 10 mins of the second half to make a massive improvement either.

20 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

Sounds like another Joe Royle then on his City debut, Scored 3 or 4 on his debut then nothing after that.

Archived